What to Watch in OTA's-6 Things

Number9

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Much rather see them internally promote an up and coming offensive mind who's paid his dues than go outside and try to revive some dinosaur like Robiske.

I wonder how tannehill looks? 

PK said on the radio that Walker looked like his normal self.

You look at a pic of our draft class and most everyone looks like they have some life and intelligence behind their eyes. Someone you could chat with at least. 

Walkers eyes look vacant. Like he’s stone cold stupid. Hopefully he’s just an extreme hardass. 

Not its it’s not wise to base someone’s intelligence on looks, but he just looks similar in his expression or eyes or something to some of the dumbest people Ive ever known. 

11 hours ago, titanruss said:

You look at a pic of our draft class and most everyone looks like they have some life and intelligence behind their eyes. Someone you could chat with at least. 

Walkers eyes look vacant. Like he’s stone cold stupid. Hopefully he’s just an extreme hardass. 

Not its it’s not wise to base someone’s intelligence on looks, but he just looks similar in his expression or eyes or something to some of the dumbest people Ive ever known. 

Nice grammatically correct sentence there Einstein.

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Nice grammatically correct sentence there Einstein.

iphones autocorrect to double words all the time... especially mine.... and do you really wanna be a grammar nazi bitch? because your sentence is fucked too, boss.

regardless, you missed the point. 

20 minutes ago, titanruss said:

iphones autocorrect to double words all the time... especially mine.... and do you really wanna be a grammar nazi bitch? because your sentence is fucked too, boss.

regardless, you missed the point. 

I didn’t miss the point that you are a judgmental idiot ironically questioning someone’s intelligence with a babbling, error filled sentence.

Keep it up.  The TR tard army needs you!  Go Mariota ????

19 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I didn’t miss the point that you are a judgmental idiot ironically questioning someone’s intelligence with a babbling, error filled sentence.

Yeah... ya did. Some people just look dumb. Doesn’t mean they are. He’s got the look. 

And youre the one calling people out for internet grammar while fucking it up yourself. .. What year is this? 2005?  

Edited by titanruss

https://cards.twitter.com/cards/bjg8f/7f4vu  Cameron Wake

“Bit of a learning curve, a little different than what I’m used to,” Wake said. “I think when you look at the big picture, all the players, all the pieces are put in position to make plays. You’ve got the fast guys where fast guys need to be, the big, strong guys where they need to be, and he puts everybody in position to help the team out as a whole. When your number is called, sort to speak, you get to have kind of the whole team behind you. But, you have to make that play and we all hold each other accountable, so that’s a lot of fun as well.”

During Tuesday’s OTA, his leadership was on full display as he worked with some of the rookies during a break in the action.

I think he's going to help the edge guys in a lot of ways.  It'll help with losing the experience of Morgan and Po.

5 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Why do your posts this week look like a butthurt teenager looking for his next “your mom” comeback? 

20 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Why do your posts this week look like a butthurt teenager looking for his next “your mom” comeback? 

Just this week?

On 5/22/2019 at 7:34 AM, ctm said:

Vrabel provided no info on Conklin or any other missing players status citing that OTAs are voluntary.

I’m all about copying the Pats approach but this is where it gets frustrating, the paranoia over injury reports. This is a huge injury we heard nothing about, it sucks not having a clue what the issue is.

Also, maybe I’m wrong but 6 months for Jonnu’s MCL seems a bit long....

4 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

OK.....perhaps the TR tard comment hit too close to home although I don't really include you in that group that glosses over the QB flaws like he's inconsistent as a passer yet blames everything but him for the fact that he's been a disappointment to date.  I've followed the team since the mid 70's so I have seen my share of great players/teams, good ones, teases, bad players, etc.  I've yet to see a QB with inconsistent accuracy become a great player.  That's not to say MM cannot have great games - he already has - but he also is mediocre/bad 55% of the time.  I would like it to change and for him to pan out and maybe it will.  Saying that, the first reports from OTA from credible sources (not MCM garbage) is that he was up and down.  That's what we've seen for 4 years and what I expect in year 5 until he proves otherwise.

Back to whatever his name is, I found it ironic that he is calling out someone he doesn't even know as being stupid based on how he looks in a long run on sentence full of grammatical errors.   Marshawn Lynch doesn't look like a genius but he's saved all of his NFL wages and lived off of endorsements and created a brand for himself.  This rookie could end up being a fantastic player.  It was BS.

3 hours ago, Face said:

I’m all about copying the Pats approach but this is where it gets frustrating, the paranoia over injury reports. This is a huge injury we heard nothing about, it sucks not having a clue what the issue is.

Also, maybe I’m wrong but 6 months for Jonnu’s MCL seems a bit long....

If you go back and watch that injury you can understand why some were skeptical it was just an easy MCL. 

19 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Saying that, the first reports from OTA from credible sources (not MCM garbage) is that he was up and down.  That's what we've seen for 4 years and what I expect in year 5 until he proves otherwise.

I agree with all you said, except this part.  His first camp, his ball had zip on it and he was very accurate.  He even went an extraordinary amount of time without throwing a pick in practice.  His first game was a record setting performance that caught the attention of the whole league.  There are varying opinions of Mariota 2015 and 2016 years, but the national media/football gurus suggested he and Carr would become membesr of the rising QBs to replace the senior citizens.

Something happened, something bad happened.  He went from 27 GM 6400 YD, 45 TD, 19 INT 2015-2016 to 29 GM 5800 YD, 24 TD, 23 INT 2017-2018  

That has not been answered to my satisfaction, except he got the hell knocked out of him in 2016 and lost that calm relaxed play style he had his first two seasons.  Mariota walked like a badass when he came into the league and that demeanor is long gone.  Everybody always says wait until they figure Watson, Dak, Jackson and other QBs out.  But truth is they figure all QBs out, they see the areas of the field they like to attack.  The start taking away some routes and putting you in your least comfortable box.

Maybe that's all there is to it, but whatever, Mariota has regressed.  As fans we don't have any idea of what he's going to do, except throw the ball to Delaine.  His first two years, he threw the ball to everybody and he always came back from the winter having fixed some problem.  That has disappeared as well.  So, like @BudAdams is saying, he's below average.  He has a shot this year to leap past 2015-2016 and that what it is going to take to become our franchise QB.  Playing better than the last two season won't get it.  He also has to stay healthy or when he's not playing have RT winning games until he returns.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

He even went an extraordinary amount of time without throwing a pick in practice.  

Maybe that's all there is to it, but whatever, Mariota has regressed.  

Looking back it's pretty easy to see why he didn't throw a pick. He's so risk averse to a fault. I remember people saying it was bad that he went so long without a pick thinking they were wrong, they weren't. 

Mariota has likely lost confidence but a bigger problem is teams have adjusted. He got blitzed trying playaction so much last year and he couldn't adapt