Casey's playing weight

Starkiller

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-d-lineman-jurrell-casey-aims-to-be-bigger-stronger-in-2019

Speaking on the Titans Caravan recently, Casey said he weighed in at 284 pounds the other day. He’d love to play at 290 pounds this fall, but knows it could be a challenge based on the rigors of the season. But he already feels stronger than he did in the fall, when his weight dipped to 275 pounds – his lowest playing weight in the NFL.

I'm glad he's getting stronger but this is pretty meaningless.  Casey was a beast early on last season and faded mostly because teams sold out to stop him knowing there was no other real threat.  

4 hours ago, Soxcat said:

JRob has had to deal with massive holes in the roster so he has done the best he could with what he had.  Austin Johnson hasn't worked out as well as we might want.  Remember the last draft Webster had (when he picked Mariota) his best pick outside of the QB might have been Angelo Blackson.  When you have to rebuild a whole team from the QB up, going back to 2014,  a GM is in a tough situation.  We passed on Aaron Donald because we needed as LT for example. 

The Simmons pick makes perfect sense considering Casey will be retiring when Simmons comes up on his 5th year.     

No, we didn’t need a LT.  Lewan may have been the highest rated player on the Board, but Roos was the starting LT and was pretty good.  On the other hand, our DL consisted of Casey,  Lavar Edwards, Sammie Hill, Antonio Johnson, Karl Klug, Mike Martin, Ropati Pitoitua and Morgan.

The biggest thing I’m looking at is trying to make it the playoffs, and trying to get to the Hall of Fame,” said Casey, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who has 611 career tackles and 46 career sacks. “I have been to the playoffs one time since I’ve been here. Our team has been good, winning nine games three years in a row. But we have to take it to another level. And I want to do my part to help get us there.

“We have a coach who understands football and understands how players should play. He’s putting is in great situations, and with two great defensive minds in Vrabel and Pees, we could be unstoppable on defense.”

He needs a lot of sacks and playoff wins to get in the HoF

2 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

The biggest thing I’m looking at is trying to make it the playoffs, and trying to get to the Hall of Fame,” said Casey, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who has 611 career tackles and 46 career sacks. “I have been to the playoffs one time since I’ve been here. Our team has been good, winning nine games three years in a row. But we have to take it to another level. And I want to do my part to help get us there.

“We have a coach who understands football and understands how players should play. He’s putting is in great situations, and with two great defensive minds in Vrabel and Pees, we could be unstoppable on defense.”

He needs a lot of sacks and playoff wins to get in the HoF

Hes never getting there. 

I don't think he even sees a nomination. 

OK stats, small market team etc 

Archived