If You're Too Old to Get a Job--Run For President

Number9

This guy can do it because he's doesn't carry the weight of the office on his shoulders.  He's not having all night meeting about how to handle foreign events.  He doesn't spend his time trying to figure ways to get repubs to go along with him and how maybe he could placate some dems. 

President-Trump-Official-Portrait.jpg

Dems need someone young, with young ideas and the energy of youth.  The last candidate they ran was passing out from the stress of campaigning, too old.  Are we a nation of elderlies or are we a young nation full of youth and fresh ideas?  Ready to take on the challenges of a new world or looking forward to napping in front of the fireplace?

25 minutes ago, ctm said:

Democrats need to nominate the strongest candidate to beat Trump regardless of his/her age or anything else, period.

True.  I just think it’s time for a young person who can respond to the vicious attack of the repubs. They must also be able present innovative fresh ideas. 

This ain’t no piece of cake. It will be a serious fight to the finish. I’m not betting on someone who looks unfit to go the distance. 

1 hour ago, ctm said:

Democrats need to nominate the strongest candidate to beat Trump regardless of his/her age or anything else, period.

I saw the latest Fox News poll had Biden beating Trump by 11%, the main driver was to get Trump out of office

Dems gotta get it right. Hillary win the popular vote. Hillary won the polls. Repubs have organized voter suppression groups all over the south in particular. Plus, machines will be rigged. I just think they have to have a spectacular candidate who can get voters to come out in huge numbers. 

Repubs have used used racist tactics to get the southern Christians to vote for them. Then they jumped over to the right to life campaigning to keep the evangelicals from being exposed as bigots. These people can be won over, but I think they hate all the old dems. 

It it will take a special communicator to reach enough of the people who still have some kind of open mind. These old candidates have a rapport with the base, but how much appeal do they have to inspire masses to vote. 

I think the whole “electability” argument is overwrought. I think most of the field could beat Trump. Biden is nothing special.

And if the 2008 Democratic nomination had been based on “electability”, Hillary would have been President a decade ago...

6 hours ago, Number9 said:

I just think they have to have a spectacular candidate who can get voters to come out in huge numbers. 

The Dems have their man. Donald Trump

Archived