So WTF happened during the bye week last year?

nine

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Players were learning new systems and adjusting to new coaching.  Also the head coach was in his first year so he got better as the year went on too.

Our offense goes through the run game. The run game got better so, so did the rest of the team.   I mean outside of Mariota most of the stats you're showing aren't that big a difference. Jon

23 hours ago, titanruss said:

It’s not just what happened after the bye week. 

Its what happened in week 1 and against Baltimore.  Those anomalies skew everything to the negative. 

But yeah, new offenses take time to get comfortable

You don't know what happened in week 1?

1 hour ago, japan said:

You don't know what happened in week 1?

huh? 

I'm saying it's obvious what happened in week 1 and how that would skew a stat-line comparison. 

Also though, we played tougher teams earlier in the year. 

And mariota had a couple of his best games of the year before the bye. 

Edited by titanruss

23 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

So no one wants to point out Mariota had a 104 rating the last half of the season while he was hurt? I’m glad nine did. No one else wants to touch it. 

He had a 147 passer rating and 300 yards throwing underneath and not challenging the Texans defense down big. That boosted his passer rating big time. 

He played well against Dallas and NE but his play against teams like Indy, Jets, Colts and Skins was pretty mediocre 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

He played well against Dallas and NE but his play against teams like Indy, Jets, Colts and Skins was pretty mediocre 

Yep. I would add Philly to the list of teams he played well against though. He was mediocre against the teams you listed and terrible against the Bills and Baltimore. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yep. I would add Philly to the list of teams he played well against though. He was mediocre against the teams you listed and terrible against the Bills and Baltimore. 

We were talking about the 2nd half of the year specifically 

Amazingly he played well in spurts throughout the season despite not being able to hold a football

Exactly like he's done his whole career

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

We were talking about the 2nd half of the year specifically 

He was solid the last half until he missed the Colts game. Add in all the injuries that weren’t discussed during the season and it shows the guy is a tough player. Torn foot, broken rib, nerve damage, stinger, and then to top it off he apparently fractured a vertebrae. I don’t think he can hold up, but he isn’t some terrible QB. He’s a solid QB with upside when healthy, but he isn’t healthy, and he can’t stay healthy. 

Hr'd probably the toughest player I've ever seen miss a game with the playoffs on the line after practicing the first few days of the week. 

They don't make em like that any more

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Hr'd probably the toughest player I've ever seen miss a game with the playoffs on the line after practicing the first few days of the week. 

They don't make em like that any more

4g3yg9.jpg

There's an honorary spot for him to sit.