Sign in to follow this  
helimachoptor

Henry hates seatbelts

2 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

So my insurance premiums should be higher because more people die so that they can be "comfortable" in a car? Get real man. 

Sharing rare stories like that causes cognitive dissonance. The fact is that seatbelts ARE a life saving device. This is not a theory. This is not a Buzzfeed article. This is a fucking FACT. Here's another fact: not wearing a seatbelt is moronic, and if you somehow manage to survive allegedly because you didn't wear one, buy a lottery ticket cause most the people who get in car accidents who aren't wearing seatbelts fucking die or get hospitalized. 

So please, stop spreading bullshit stories that cause people to die. 

Haha oh man you are really pissy about this seat belt thread. 

How do you feel about people riding around on motorcycles with nothing protecting them other than a helmet? 

Somedude   

I was in a car accident a few years ago. We got hit and then our car spun out of control into a brick wall. I would have flown into it had I not been wearing one. Same for the driver though she did get a cracked rib. Funny thing is a few days before the dealer had a recall on the airbags so we took the car in for them to be replaced. They never went off. I walked away just fine but the car was totaled. The front end was smashed in.

Motorcyclists are typically fucking cunts anyway. The damn things are too loud and the weave in and out of cars like the same traffic rules don't apply to them. Douchebags.

Somedude   
13 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Yeah, in the tens of thousands of car accidents per year that result in very little injury, there's always some jackass like this who tells this type of story. Or the person who drove their car into a lake but didn't drown because they weren't wearing a seatbelt. 

But then 100 other people died because they hit a brick mailbox and got tossed onto the pavement head first through a windshield and died. That person doesn't go around telling their stupid story about "seatbelts are dumb." 

I am never near a lake but if I ever was I keep a multi-tool in my pocket that can cut the belt and break the glass. It works very well so I don't buy the excuse from dipshits who say der I can't get out cuz belt.

12 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

If people don’t want to wear seatbelts that should be there decision. 

And it's their decision to break the law and get ticketed. It's "there" decision to break any law but to act like the laws are dumb simply because you don't like them or the government controlling you is dumb as shit.

And as I said, people who get injured breaking the law should never receive a single cent of benefits.... Because you know, governments shouldn't intervene is the argument for seatbelt laws being dumb

12 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Simple fact is seat belts arent some automatic life saving feature on a vehicle. If they were I get enforcing wearing them.

So because they are simply safer instead wrapping cars in nerf to prevent all injuries there shouldn't be laws enforced about them? There's no way you're this dumb?

Edited by wiscotitansfan

9 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It's "there" 

Oh you are a little grammar faggot lol my phone has been autocorrecting this incorrectly lately. I can’t figure it out. 

Any ways why did everyone avoid the motorcycle question? 

How do you guys feel about people that are allowed to ride around with nothing more than a helmet protecting them? In some states they aren’t even required to wear helmets. Are these guys really that dumb to ride around on motorcycles? 

The laws are different from state to state. In New Hampshire there is no seat belt law. In some states it’s a secondary enforcement meaning they can’t even pull you over for it. In some states they only enforce the seatbelt laws for the front seat riders. Fuck in some states they allow people to ride in the truck bed with no ticket. They allow people to make dumb ass decisions all the time but they really care about the safety of the people.  The fact that some states can’t even pull you over for it just shows it’s a cash grab. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Mythos27   
19 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Oh you are a little grammar faggot lol my phone has been autocorrecting this incorrectly lately. I can’t figure it out. 

How do you guys feel about people that are allowed to ride around with nothing more than a helmet protecting them? In some states they aren’t even required to wear helmets. Are these guys really that dumb to ride around on motorcycles? 

The laws are different from state to state. In New Hampshire there is no seat belt law. In some states it’s a secondary enforcement meaning they can’t even pull you over for it. In some states they only enforce the seatbelt laws for the front seat riders. Fuck in some states they allow people to ride in the truck bed with no ticket. They allow people to make dumb ass decisions all the time. 

It really all comes down to whether or not you believe that the government should protect people form themselves. My gut says no but the consequences from stupid peoples' stupid choices usually extend beyond themselves and starts affecting others. I'm sure everyone's health insurance premiums are at least in part affected by the stupid choices people make regarding their risk-taking behavior and diet. 

abc2330   

People are stupid.  Maybe certain states are trying to get rid of the dumb ones by not requiring that a seatbelt be worn.  But I always hear of some dumbass surviving an accident , while the seatbelt may have actually caused their death, had they been wearing it.  SMH

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

The laws are different from state to state. In New Hampshire there is no seat belt law. In some states it’s a secondary enforcement meaning they can’t even pull you over for it. In some states they only enforce the seatbelt laws for the front seat riders. Fuck in some states they allow people to ride in the truck bed with no ticket. They allow people to make dumb ass decisions all the time but they really care about the safety of the people.  The fact that some states can’t even pull you over for it just shows it’s a cash grab. 

My issue isn't the safety. My issue is people willingly breaking the law and whining about government overstepping.... If those motorcyclist break the law by not wearing a helmet and get injured fuck them... Don't give them a cent

Honestly, I'd rather the fucks die but it's when they don't die and cost others that's my issue

Edited by wiscotitansfan

But on a different opposite note, I'd recommend motorcyclists not wear helmets.... One of my friends brother's got into a crash and the helmet saved his life but now he's pretty much a vegetable and brain dead.

You can be damn sure he wishes he didn't have a helmet on and died

Edited by wiscotitansfan

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

My issue isn't the safety. My issue is people willingly breaking the law and whining about government overstepping.... If those motorcyclist break the law by not wearing a helmet and get injured fuck them... Don't give them a cent

Honestly, I'd rather the fucks die but it's when they don't die and cost others that's my issue

Oh for sure. California has some of the strictest laws on seat belts and I always wear a seat belt. I know a seat belt will limit the amount of injuries I can sustain in an accident but I also don’t want to get a ticket. For the safety aspect I just think a person should choose how safe they want to be. 

My complaint is pumping up the safety as being the reason why the government gives a shit. It’s all about the money. The states various laws show they don’t really give a shit about your safety. If there wasn’t money involved people should be able to choose how big of an idiot they want to be. 

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

But on a different opposite note, I'd recommend motorcyclists not wear helmets.... One of my friends brother's got into a crash and the helmet saved his life but now he's pretty much a vegetable and brain dead.

You can be damn sure he wishes he didn't have a helmet on and died

There are some states where you don’t have to wear a helmet but you are required to wear some form of eye protection. You don’t have to protect your brain but you have to protect your eyes.