Jonnu's a JAG with flashes of excellent receiving and flashes of average (at best blocking.) He's a poor man's Jared Cook.

Mycole Pruitt (ridiculous fucking name) is not even a JAG. He's training camp fodder that might make the back end of the roster if he's decent on special teams. Otherwise Mycole will by Mykutt before the season starts.

Soxcat   

Walker is not a good example at all.  He was a college WR that was basically kept because he could play STs, FB, HBack and TE.  Smith is a TE, came in as a TE and has started at TE.  Granted, some people are expecting more than they should be but Smith should be ready to show something at this stage.  He was starting to before the injury.

nine   
8 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

Jonnu's a JAG with flashes of excellent receiving and flashes of average (at best blocking.) He's a poor man's Jared Cook.

Well....the "poor man's Jared Cook"  has near-identical stats to Cook's first two years, but 5 TDs to Cook's  2.

Jonnu is already more well-rounded player and much better blocker than Cook, who was a consistently terrible blocker throughout his eight years with the Titans, Rams, and Packers.  (Maybe Cook's blocking improved in Oakland....I don't know, I wasn't paying attention.   But after being a pitiful low-effort blocker for eight years, I kinda doubt he had a sudden change of heart.)

3 hours ago, nine said:

Well....the "poor man's Jared Cook"  has near-identical stats to Cook's first two years, but 5 TDs to Cook's  2.

Jonnu is already more well-rounded player and much better blocker than Cook, who was a consistently terrible blocker throughout his eight years with the Titans, Rams, and Packers.  (Maybe Cook's blocking improved in Oakland....I don't know, I wasn't paying attention.   But after being a pitiful low-effort blocker for eight years, I kinda doubt he had a sudden change of heart.)

I honestly don't give a shit about Jonnu or Jared Cook. Jared Cook is a garbage blocker who is an excellent receiver at his position (although he has too many drops.) Jonnu is a totally inconsistent blocker who's a pretty nice receiver. Obviously, neither of them are worthy of Tommie Campbell'ing Delanie's toilets. In the grand scheme of the NFL, they're like most players.....JAG's. Their presence or season ending injury isn't making or breaking your season.

They could both die from eating Snap N' Pops at a fireworks stand and it wouldn't affect the W/L record of either of their teams.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:21 PM, headhunter said:

I mean we have Delanie Walker. Jonnu is nowhere near that

Smith made some (and I repeat, some) great plays, he showed quality in those. His career is starting, and you can't never compare a veteran with someone who's still on a learning curve.

Edited by TitanicoNFLriotFAN

WG53   
On 5/15/2019 at 6:48 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

That's funny considering hes been right more often than the left. 

But I know how yall are suckers for that indoctrination.

X

WG53   
On 5/15/2019 at 12:12 PM, TennesseeTuxedo said:

By your 4th season you had better be producing. If you are too weak to block, use poor footwork, or anything short of making your block, you have a shit work ethic and don’t give a damn. It’s time to move on in such a case.

Thise making excuses for him, might want to see if you could get him a pedicure and some stylish nylon stockings.

So by next season then?

This year will be Jonnu's 3rd. Retard.

Edited by WG53

WG53   
On 5/15/2019 at 9:21 PM, headhunter said:

I mean we have Delanie Walker. Jonnu is nowhere near that

And neither was Delanie until he was in the league for like 8 years.

6 hours ago, WG53 said:

So by next season then?

This year will be Jonnu's 3rd. Retard.

No mater if it is 2 or 5 years….blocking is all about desire, attitude and effort. 

If you don't have any of them, you are not going to be able to block.

Soxcat   

Obvious it is more than just having effort, attitude and desire.  Otherwise all TEs would be good blockers.  Same thing for OL where body type (center of gravity), feet, anchor, body control, balance and such all play a role.  Also, the main gauge for strength is the bench press but in actuality that doesn't really prove anything either.  Most importantly is use of the proper technique.  Guys who come from the smaller schools don't get the best coaching.  Thus, there is a developmental curve.