Sign in to follow this  
MIKE75

Andy Levitre Retires From NFL

MIKE75   

On Tuesday, Andy Levitre announced his retirement via social media: 

“Unfortunately, due to injury my body won’t allow me to continue any longer,” Levitre wrote. “Thank you to my wife and children, my family, friends, coaches, teammates and all of the fans who supported me on this journey.”

Levitre was selected by the Buffalo Bills with the 51st pick overall in the second round of the 2009 NFL draft, and was the first college guard drafted.

He spent 10 years in the NFL....Buffalo Bills (2009–2012),Tennessee Titans (2013–2014) and Atlanta Falcons (2015–2018).

In the 2016 season, Levitre and the Falcons reached Super Bowl LI, where they faced the New England Patriots on February 5, 2017. In the Super Bowl, the Falcons fell in a 34–28 overtime defeat.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/05/falcons-andy-levitre-retires-nfl

37 minutes ago, Thrill said:

That guy fucking sucked

He's also a prime example of how much difference it makes when an O-Lineman is in a blocking scheme he's suited for, and/or accustomed to.

He failed miserably in Whiz's power scheme, yet went to the SB with ATL in their zone scheme shortly after being traded.

But Bob Bostad was the O-Line coach during his last 2 years in N'ville too, so that may have been a factor as well.

japan   
4 hours ago, Thrill said:

That guy fucking sucked

I guess he was just the wrong fit for the scheme we used at that time. He went on to have success in ATL even playing in a Super Bowl. 

Soxcat   

Quite honestly I thought he retired when he came to play for the Titans.  Then he changed his name and came back as Josh Kline.... just kidding OMan.

I don't buy in completely on this fit and scheme stuff.  Pass protection for starters is the same anyway and he sucked at that.  Possibly because he was coming off an injury.  Might have just been he was like Conklin last year and lost his anchor for a while.  Generally coaching isn't as big of a deal for one player either.  Especially a vet who was coming off a few good years. 

MIKE75   
5 hours ago, BudAdams said:

The fact is that he was a colossal bust here while the top 10 pick at the other guard spot busted out.  Good old Ruston.

WOW now thats bad. Spend a top 10 pick on a fucking guard (Warmack) and then way too much in free agency on another guard (Levitre). Both of these guys from the draft pick invested and money spent these two guys should've been the ones holding the fort down for a long time. Just shows how clueless Webster was.

Kyle Long picked 10 spots after Warmack is a 3 time pro bowl guard for the Bears. You pass on a guard who has a great bloodline whose father was Howie Long to draft this potbelly overweight bust.

Webster was so clueless it wasnt funny.

2012 draft---2nd Rd--LB Zach Brown looked better in his underwear so we chose him over LaVonte David a much better player.  WR Kendall Wright was ok for a heartbeat and the other 5 players were busts and no longer here.

The 2013 NFL Draft Webster picked Warmack in the 1st round and as i pointed out a few picks later another guard was chosen Kyle Long perennial pro bowler. 2nd round Justin Hunter WR well we traded out of #40 to move up to #32 when we could've stayed put and drafted WR Robert Woods who was drafted at #41 by Buffalo, Hunter has 85 catches for 1350 yards so far while Woods has 345 catches for 4450 yards.

3rd round CB Blidi Wreh Wilson another bust through 5 years has just 1 interception in 45 games. A little over 10 picks later CB Shawn Williams was picked by Cincy and has played in 90 games has 11 interceptions,22 pass deflections and a forced fumble. At the end of the 3rd round Zaviar Goodwin another bust. Then 2 more busts 5th round LaVar Edwards,6th round Khalid Wooten. The only 2 guys that were decent were C Brian Schwenke who has played on and off here and DB Daimon Stafford who had a couple picks and a few sacks the time he was here.

CONTINUED.....

Edited by MIKE75

MIKE75   

Continued....

2014 draft  Webster couldve chosen ANY of the RB none were taken yet and he ends up taking the worst one,lol. Sankey had 200 carries for 760 yards and 1 TD in his brief career. Meanwhile the very next pick Jeremy Hill has 700 carries for nearly 3000 yards and 28 TD. Then two picks later Carlos Hyde 830 carries for 3300 yards and 26 TD. DeVonta Freeman has 767 carries for 3316 yards and 30TD. Notice all these guys have similar numbers and have done well.

2015 draft was awful besides Mariota the other 8 players are no longer on the team. G Jeremiah Poutasi only lasted 1 year meanwhile the very next pick another guard AJ Cann has appeared in 61 games with 59 starts. He emerged as a starter in Week 4 during his rookie season and has started at least 13 games each of his four seasons in the NFL. In 2018, Cann started 15 games, only missing the team’s Week 2 victory over New England.

Webster was terrible at drafting.

Webster is also the only Titans GM who did not have a winning season or playoff berth the other GM's Reese,Reinfeldt and Robinson all have had winning seasons and playoff berths. From 2012 thru 2015 Webster had 4 straight losing seasons.