Sign in to follow this  
NashvilleNinja

Frank Gore turned 36 years old today

The fact this guy is not only still playing but still putting up respectable numbers at his age at the position he plays is mind-numbing to me. He's never had fewer than 700 yards in a season except for his rookie year back in 2005. He's only gone below 800 yards once, and that was last season. And he's only gone below 1,000 yards 5 times in 14 seasons, 3 of those times in the last 4 seasons. He's currently 4th all-time in rushing yards behind Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders. And on top of all that he's missed only 3 games in the last 8 seasons, meaning he's been more physically reliable as he's gotten older.

Dude's a 1st ballot HoFer, imo.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

nine   

Gore is the RB equivalent to Anquan Boldin.   He's never really been the best player at his position at any point in his career....but he's been so damned good for so long, he absolutely deserves HOF consideration.

I have so much respect for the guy, I find myself pulling for him to do well even when he faces the Titans.    As long as the opposing QB turns it over 3-4 times and throws the game away, I have no problem with Gore getting 100+ yards and a TD.

nine   
27 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The crazy thing about him is that most didn't think he's last in the NFL because of the knee injury he suffered his senior year. His career is literally incredible as I can barely believe what this guy is still able to do.

He actually had *two* torn ACLs in college....which is why he slid on draft day.   As I recall, everyone agreed he had first-round talent....but after tearing his ACL two years in a row,  nobody was risking a high pick on a guy who might not even make it out of training camp.

Mythos27   
1 minute ago, nine said:

He actually had *two* torn ACLs in college....which is why he slid on draft day.   As I recall, everyone agreed he had first-round talent....but after tearing his ACL two years in a row,  nobody wanted to risk a high pick on a guy who might not even make it out of training camp.

Hard to knock the ones who passed on him. I wouldn't have even considered him.

Yeah. First one of those guys is dead. Second is on trial for rape (could be life in prison), third shit in a closet of a stranger, the fourth played alright for a bit. The last is just an asshole, but I don't think he ever did anything criminal. 

nine   

The Najeh Davenport story ranks among the all-time greatest stories I've ever heard about any athlete an any level.   Freaking priceless!

Callidus   
2 hours ago, siamesedinasour said:

Dude played in college with Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow, Najeh Davenport, Willis McGahee, Jeremy Shockey. 

His freshman year he was 4th on the Miami depth chart behind

Clinton Portis

Willis McGahee

And Davenport

that 2001 Miami team is the only college team I think could have had a shot at beating a pro team. It was just crazy.

48 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

Yeah, he's a beast but is gonna be in worse shape than Earl C. post retirement.

Hes probably the lowest IQ player in the NFL, no joke

Callidus   
13 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Hes probably the lowest IQ player in the NFL, no joke

When he was drafted or after the 42 concussions that weren't bad enough they had to report?

32 minutes ago, Callidus said:

When he was drafted or after the 42 concussions that weren't bad enough they had to report?

When he was drafted