Frank Gore turned 36 years old today

17 hours ago, nine said:

He actually had *two* torn ACLs in college....which is why he slid on draft day.   As I recall, everyone agreed he had first-round talent....but after tearing his ACL two years in a row,  nobody was risking a high pick on a guy who might not even make it out of training camp.

Season ending injuries two years in a row?  Damn.  Sucks to be injury prone, I guess.  

On 5/14/2019 at 6:41 PM, Alcibiades said:

Yeah. First one of those guys is dead. Second is on trial for rape (could be life in prison), third shit in a closet of a stranger, the fourth played alright for a bit. The last is just an asshole, but I don't think he ever did anything criminal. 

I still remember Randy Starks knocking Winslow into the middle of next week in preseason his rookie year. Twas glorious.

It's true that Gore had one of the lowest Wonderlic scores ever recorded....but he grew up with severe dyslexia and struggled badly with reading and writing.  I imagine his measurable IQ is probably quite low....but his football IQ is obviously off the charts.

Something I never knew:  Gore's mother was a drug addict with numerous additiction-related health issues.  In addition to playing football, Gore also had to act as her primary caretaker throughout his high school and college years.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/10/02/frank-gore-indianapolis-colts-san-francisco-49ers-miami-hurricanes/73181198/

On 5/14/2019 at 7:03 PM, Mythos27 said:

The crazy thing about him is that most didn't think he's last in the NFL because of the knee injury he suffered his senior year. His career is literally incredible as I can barely believe what this guy is still able to do.

Wasn’t that McGahee?  I get the two mixed up.

27 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I think you're right. Gore played his senior year. It was McGahee who was drafted hurt. Guess I mix the two up as well.

You and others who said the same thing in this thread.  I had to look it up because they’re basically the same person.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

You and others who said the same thing in this thread.  I had to look it up because they’re basically the same person.

Hey Touched The Tard, finally made it to the eastside. Must be nice to never have to worry about traffic. Here's one just for you.