Jump to content
NashvilleNinja

What's your Mariota threshold?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

OP asked what my threshold is and I gave it. I want to see him healthy and playing efficient ball. I don't care about having an elite QB. I just want a winning team. If he is doing his part and we are winning then I am satisfied. If he is turning the ball over as much as he scores, taking dumb sacks, or not staying on the field then scratch him. 

Makes sense... I was just pointing out that you want to see what we've never seen from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

The problem with that line of thinking is he has never shown "this kind of QB play"... The reason people have hopes for him is because the peaks he has shown but the reason we actually have this conversation is because the valleys.

 

Health matters but only a retard thinks that's his only issue

of course it's not his only issue...as most will say he also plays for a fucked up organization that has now maybe....MAYBE...stabilized.  We fired a playoff winning coach to bring in what many claim to be a meathead defensive minded coach.  This after Mariota actually won us a playoff game.

that's great everybody...now here is your new first time coach and first time play caller with an all new system...and now that play caller is gone so we are going to promote the TE coach cause he's a good guy and he's paid his dues and he's rich anyway so of course he hasn't wanted to move up the ranks.  But he's loyal and he will keep things kinda the same.  Also he will be easy to fire after this whole thing goes to hell this year.

So maybe JRob is the right guy and maybe Vrabel is the right guy and we will become a decent franchise with a decent FO for the first time in forever but it sure as hell wasn't timed with the development of Mariota.  Mariota spent most of his time in a cluster fuck....and unfortunately often injured.  That is on him.

 

It all fuckin matter...to what extent we will probably never know

Edited by bizzyeddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Check out Lindsay Rhodes pic to the right of the video, her rack is huge

Does Mariota even have a g/f? Has he ever been laid? The guy is one strange duck. Not my idea of a leader or someone to follow. Just has moments of heroics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   

It's funny how, all last season there was nothing wrong with Mariota's play.  He playing equal to Aaron and Tom, idiots like me just can't see it.  He has a gazillion game winning drives.  His passing percentages between 7.8 and 8.1 yards are the best in NFL history.  People who really know football don't put the blame on Mariota for not backing eight men out of the box.

 

Now, the national media who happens to never mention his name except when he's injured. They have started to say homeboy needs to up his game of GTHO.  The Titans have greatly upgraded his backup.  Now the shift is Mariota needs to blab blah blab.  If he didn't need to improve in December, then why does he need to improve now?

 

And they call me Mr. Waffle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's funny how, all last season there was nothing wrong with Mariota's play.  He playing equal to Aaron and Tom, idiots like me just can't see it.  He has a gazillion game winning drives.  His passing percentages between 7.8 and 8.1 yards are the best in NFL history.  People who really know football don't put the blame on Mariota for not backing eight men out of the box.

 

Now, the national media who happens to never mention his name except when he's injured. They have started to say homeboy needs to up his game of GTHO.  The Titans have greatly upgraded his backup.  Now the shift is Mariota needs to blab blah blab.  If he didn't need to improve in December, then why does he need to improve now?

 

And they call me Mr. Waffle.  

It's amazing he got a pass as long as he did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 1:32 PM, BudAdams said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000001030837/Players-under-the-most-pressure-to-succeed-in-2019

 

Tomlinson says Mariota is under the most pressure in 2019.  Vereen picked Wentz

LT talks about he didn't trust himself. I'd argue his trust in his receiving options was shot as much as any confidence in himself. Delanie gone and Smith just wasn't adequate enough, Matthews quit, and Davis was all alone in a group that consisted of Taylor, Sharpe, Jennings, and that other guy. And this all happened in a new offensive system on top of Mariota injuring his nerve and having all those other injuries.

 

Some say those are just excuses, but excuses can be facts. But none of that matters at this point, of course. It's put up or shut up time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Check out Lindsay Rhodes pic to the right of the video, her rack is huge

I didn't see the pic you were talking about, but I found this one. Whoever's hiding under those in a rain storm is staying pretty dry.

 

 

lindsay-soto-fsn-1.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Number9 said:

It's funny how, all last season there was nothing wrong with Mariota's play.  He playing equal to Aaron and Tom, idiots like me just can't see it.  He has a gazillion game winning drives.  His passing percentages between 7.8 and 8.1 yards are the best in NFL history.  People who really know football don't put the blame on Mariota for not backing eight men out of the box.

 

Now, the national media who happens to never mention his name except when he's injured. They have started to say homeboy needs to up his game of GTHO.  The Titans have greatly upgraded his backup.  Now the shift is Mariota needs to blab blah blab.  If he didn't need to improve in December, then why does he need to improve now?

 

And they call me Mr. Waffle.  

Outside of the homers, who was saying nothing was wrong with his play? Plenty of posters pointed it out throughout the year. 

 

Do you even even pay attention?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justafan   
5 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

I got Mariota to autograph a box of bandaids. I do not want it anymore.  Anyone want it? 

Your humor... needs some work.  This stuff falls flat on a message board.

Edited by Justafan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
23 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

of course it's not his only issue...as most will say he also plays for a fucked up organization that has now maybe....MAYBE...stabilized.  We fired a playoff winning coach to bring in what many claim to be a meathead defensive minded coach.  This after Mariota actually won us a playoff game.

that's great everybody...now here is your new first time coach and first time play caller with an all new system...and now that play caller is gone so we are going to promote the TE coach cause he's a good guy and he's paid his dues and he's rich anyway so of course he hasn't wanted to move up the ranks.  But he's loyal and he will keep things kinda the same.  Also he will be easy to fire after this whole thing goes to hell this year.

So maybe JRob is the right guy and maybe Vrabel is the right guy and we will become a decent franchise with a decent FO for the first time in forever but it sure as hell wasn't timed with the development of Mariota.  Mariota spent most of his time in a cluster fuck....and unfortunately often injured.  That is on him.

 

It all fuckin matter...to what extent we will probably never know

Honestly. The issue people have with Mariota's revolving OCs needs to stop.

 

I understand it's been excessive but:

 

1. Offensive Coordinators change a lot when the QB/Offense is bad.

 

2. Offensive Coordinators change a lot with the QB/Offense is good.

 

It seems like some of you are expecting years and years of the same OC. It rarely happens. Especially today. It's on the QB in the end.

 

All you can hope for is come kind of continuity.

 

Alex Smith has had a ton of OCs ... you guys think he's great and has been held back by so many OCs?

 

If Mariota plays bad, he'll keep getting new OCs whether with us or another team.

 

IF Mariota plays really well ... he'll also keep getting new OCs at least every two years. 

 

So he better be good regardless of who's calling his plays. That's the reality.

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
15 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Outside of the homers, who was saying nothing was wrong with his play? Plenty of posters pointed it out throughout the year. 

 

Do you even even pay attention?

It generally comes with a "but ..."

 

You have to see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Justafan said:

Your humor... needs some work.  This stuff falls flat on a message board.

Alien AIs lack human touch. It's what it has been after for 10 years on this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...