Jump to content
NashvilleNinja

What's your Mariota threshold?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

This seems like an unrealistic bar. Plenty of good QBs miss a few games. It's the big injuries that matter.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic. Especially not for someone in their make or break year with everything to prove. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
6 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I don’t think it’s unrealistic. Especially not for someone in their make or break year with everything to prove. 

Yeah but say he plays consistently well but misses 2 games.  They would likely franchise him.

 

Obviously missing a bunch of games is different.

 

The bottom line is that he has to play well and out up good QB production.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Yeah but say he plays consistently well but misses 2 games.  They would likely franchise him.

 

Obviously missing a bunch of games is different.

 

The bottom line is that he has to play well and out up good QB production.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

The question at hand was “what is your Mariota threshold?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callidus   
49 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

The question at hand was “what is your Mariota threshold?”

The correct response to that post was to quote

 

"The bottom line is that he has to play well and out up good QB production."

 

Then say

wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   
6 hours ago, 8MM said:

Interesting.  How many games did the team win despite of him?

Houston and Jacksonville.  Two of the nine wins.  Although he deserves credit for coming in the Jax game, his being hurt put the team in a bad situation.  The D in both those games kept the score low.  The D also held Buffalo to only 13 points.  The Bills D gave up 23.4 points per game.  This is the kind of game you need a QB who can get his team in the EZ 2-3 times.

 

For me Mariota has to stay healthy and be consistent in his play on the field.  We can't have games where he's not responsible to play well because he's playing hurt.  He's shown he can be effective, now he has to string more games together.  After that it's up to the coaches to put him in position to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

marcus just needs to up his TD%  and stay healthy

 

- thats all. thats it.

 

his ypa/int%/completion%/ypcompletion and running stats... they are all good and as good as most starters or better. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callidus   
12 minutes ago, titanruss said:

marcus just needs to up his TD%  and stay healthy

 

- thats all. thats it.

 

his ypa/int%/completion%/ypcompletion and running stats... they are all good and as good as most starters or better. 

 

 

His td% because no1 else is involved in that. I hate sounding like the homer again and again, but this shit is dumb.

 

He looks good in stats adjusted for attempts. You scream not have enough sample size on the things he does well and scream he dosnt make the stat line you want regardless of attempts.

 

Lets just stop this horse shit here and now and see how the TEAM plays.

Edited by Callidus
I cant type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
6 hours ago, japan said:

I get what you guys are saying but after reading you and Oilerman the last year, why would you even consider franchising him.  Seems to go against everything you guys have been preaching.  Even if his numbers are good enough, cut bait and draft the next QB.

The original question in this thread is what would it take to keep him long term

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Callidus said:

His td% because no1 else is involved in that. I hate sounding like the homer again and again, but this shit is dumb.

 

He looks good in stats adjusted for attempts. You scream not have enough sample size on the things he does well and scream he dosnt make the stat line you want regardless of attempts.

 

Lets just stop this horse shit here and now and see how the TEAM plays.

lol...

 

you obviously dont read my posts on mariota very often

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

The original question in this thread is what would it take to keep him long term

which you never answered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
3 minutes ago, titanruss said:

which you never answered

Yes I did, I wouldn't give him a long term deal regardless of what he did barring something he he seems totally incapable of, I'd franchise him if he had a good season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callidus   
38 minutes ago, titanruss said:

lol...

 

you obviously dont read my posts on mariota very often

 

 

Sorry Idk if it was the line of posts I read leading into yours, or if I just Misread it outright. But looking back at it it now I said what you were saying and Im sorry.

 

Side note on not reading alot of your posts, it's not something I follow for most posters. The only people I have a general rule for are.

 

Oilerman just hates everything but can sound diplomatic about it.

Danali is a racist

Number9 sucks off Mcnairs corpse then asks it what he should say before he posts anything.

And Kyle will post a mock for a 8-10 yearold hocky league in kenya if he has the time.

Edited by Callidus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...