What's your Mariota threshold?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't give him an extension almost regardless of what he does. I'd give him the franchise tag if he had a good year and make him do it longer.     

Completion pct. - 99% Sacks - 0   Anything less is unacceptable.  Move on.  

Him staying healthy is enough.  I believe he'll produce acceptable numbers and, more importantly, wins if he is healthy.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

I got Mariota to autograph a box of bandaids. I do not want it anymore.  Anyone want it? 

Your humor... needs some work.  This stuff falls flat on a message board.

Edited by Justafan

23 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

of course it's not his only issue...as most will say he also plays for a fucked up organization that has now maybe....MAYBE...stabilized.  We fired a playoff winning coach to bring in what many claim to be a meathead defensive minded coach.  This after Mariota actually won us a playoff game.

that's great everybody...now here is your new first time coach and first time play caller with an all new system...and now that play caller is gone so we are going to promote the TE coach cause he's a good guy and he's paid his dues and he's rich anyway so of course he hasn't wanted to move up the ranks.  But he's loyal and he will keep things kinda the same.  Also he will be easy to fire after this whole thing goes to hell this year.

So maybe JRob is the right guy and maybe Vrabel is the right guy and we will become a decent franchise with a decent FO for the first time in forever but it sure as hell wasn't timed with the development of Mariota.  Mariota spent most of his time in a cluster fuck....and unfortunately often injured.  That is on him.

It all fuckin matter...to what extent we will probably never know

Honestly. The issue people have with Mariota's revolving OCs needs to stop.

I understand it's been excessive but:

1. Offensive Coordinators change a lot when the QB/Offense is bad.

2. Offensive Coordinators change a lot with the QB/Offense is good.

It seems like some of you are expecting years and years of the same OC. It rarely happens. Especially today. It's on the QB in the end.

All you can hope for is come kind of continuity.

Alex Smith has had a ton of OCs ... you guys think he's great and has been held back by so many OCs?

If Mariota plays bad, he'll keep getting new OCs whether with us or another team.

IF Mariota plays really well ... he'll also keep getting new OCs at least every two years. 

So he better be good regardless of who's calling his plays. That's the reality.

Edited by big2033

15 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Outside of the homers, who was saying nothing was wrong with his play? Plenty of posters pointed it out throughout the year. 

Do you even even pay attention?

It generally comes with a "but ..."

You have to see that.

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

It seems like some of you are expecting years and years of the same OC. It rarely happens. Especially today. It's on the QB in the end.

Alex Smith has had a ton of OCs ... you guys think he's great and has been held back by so many OCs?

If Mariota plays bad, he'll keep getting new OCs whether with us or another team.

IF Mariota plays really well ... he'll also keep getting new OCs at least every two years. 

Lol no.

Revolving OCs are not the norm anywhere.

Smith would be better if he wasn't learning a new offense each year. Any player would.

1 minute ago, WG53 said:

Lol no.

Revolving OCs are not the norm anywhere.

Smith would be better if he wasn't learning a new offense each year. Any player would.

Or maybe he has to learn a new offense because OCs keep getting blamed for inability to be a great QB?

It took one of the best minds in history to make him a game manager. Not great, a game manager.

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Or maybe he has to learn a new offense because OCs keep getting blamed for inability to be a great QB?

Lol not even remotely close.

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

We all understand it's been excessive but just because some of you are tired of hearing these excuses or you think that mentioning it needs to stop doesn't change the fact that he has had 3 coaches and 3 different offensive systems in his first 4 years in the league.

If you don't want to hear the reality of the situation then STFU about Mariota.

He's had a tough road his first four years...shitty run organization,  shitty head coaches,  shitload of injuries and yeah...maybe he wasn't actually good enough to overcome all those things and play high level consistent football.  It's impossible to really tell which of the above issues effected him the most.  Probably all of them to a basically equal extent if I had to guess

And we all know what he has to do this year..play well and stay healthy.  I won't weep for Mariota if he's not our QB.  I will actually forget about him very quickly.

6 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

We all understand it's been excessive but just because some of you are tired of hearing these excuses or you think that mentioning it needs to stop doesn't change the fact that he has had 3 coaches and 3 different offensive systems in his first 4 years in the league.

If you don't want to hear the reality of the situation then STFU about Mariota.

He's had a tough road his first four years...shitty run organization,  shitty head coaches,  shitload of injuries and yeah...maybe he wasn't actually good enough to overcome all those things and play high level consistent football.  It's impossible to really tell which of the above issues effected him the most.  Probably all of them to a basically equal extent if I had to guess

And we all know what he has to do this year..play well and stay healthy.  I won't weep for Mariota if he's not our QB.  I will actually forget about him very quickly.

No, I think that the belief that Mariota's situation is unique needs to stop.

Most "star" QBs don't come to great situations. Most QBs have a lot of OCs. Most star QBs come to struggling franchises. Most QBs have injuries.

AND:

Most QBs are flops.

It's the ones that can overcome all that survive.

If Baker Mayfield becomes great you think it's because the Browns ownership turned things around? LOL. No, it's because he's the best QB they've had in decades. Suddenly, the shitty franchise seems sturdy.

Mayfield plays great, suddenly players want to play there, suddenly the franchise wants to spend on pieces. 

Edited by big2033