What's your Mariota threshold?

Not playing in the final game last year was my straw that broke the camel's back. He can't be trusted to stay healthy and he doesn't have the supreme confidence and fire (not talking about vocal leader bullshit) to become elite.

He also can't throw consistently for shit and any throw farther than 15 yards could be used for marketing a gay pride parade.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't give him an extension almost regardless of what he does. I'd give him the franchise tag if he had a good year and make him do it longer.     

Completion pct. - 99% Sacks - 0   Anything less is unacceptable.  Move on.  

Him staying healthy is enough.  I believe he'll produce acceptable numbers and, more importantly, wins if he is healthy.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

It took Goff a couple of months to play at a high level and 12 months to play at a super high level.  That after being crippled by the Jeff Fisher offense. 

Could care less about the Rams.  MM and the Titans have through the playoffs.  No more excuses.

Here is my answer......

If Mariota can cut some of the more physical parts pf his game out like running too much,blocking bigger players,etc. and keep his weight up i believe he can last 16 games and be clutch as well.

Mariota last year....

Ranked 1st pass rating in 3rd & long

Top 5 QB under pressure

5th in 3rd down conversion %

6th in NFL completion % at 69%

7th in 4th-qtr pass rating during 1-score games

Mariota's issues have been a less than stellar supporting cast,several different coaches and coordinators,etc. but the narrative now is no more excuses he has a supporting cast now and its put up or shut up in '19.

The reason i have a good feeling about this year is it reminds me of heading into '16 when we added talent on the offensive line and brought in WR help and he put up 26TD/9INT, 275 of 450 passes/61 pct%, 3500 yards. 95.6 QB rate

So this year i would expect numbers close to what i put below (Dont forget feeding Henry a lot as well)

290 of 430 passes, 67 pct%,23 TD/8INT, 3750 yards AND 104 QB rating for 2019 season

Edited by MIKE75

My only issue with Mariota is the injuries.

I think Mariota would thrive if he could stay healthy and be available all 16 games.

Mariota has.....

*Led the Titans to 3 straight winning seasons

*12 game winning drives & 10 fourth quarter comebacks

*Biggest comeback in NFL history for a visiting QB in the postseason

*Best QB rating in NFL primetime since 2000 better than Brady,Manning,Rodgers,Brees,Wilson,etc.

*Has won games vs Brady,Rodgers,Brees,Wilson.....

*Passed for 10,000 yards and rushed for 1,000 yards in first 4 years only one of four QB to ever do so

*Top ten numbers in several major passing categories in 2018 including completion %, 3rd down conversion %, 4th-qtr pass rating during 1-score games,pass rating in 3rd & long  and under pressure.

*First QB NFL history 250+pass yds,100+rush yds,3 TD passes in game

*First QB NFL history with six 4-TD games,9 games 100+ pass rating/multiple TD’s first 22 games

*40TD/0INT red zone '15-'17

If he can stay healthy we have potential to go a long way in '19 especially if the defense is top 5 again,Henry runs possessed all year like he did the last of '18,Offense ranks in the top half of the league instead of near bottom.

T-20. Tennessee Titans

Starter: Marcus Mariota | Signed through: 2019
Tier: Prove-it time | Ranking in tier:T-No. 3

Contract: Fully guaranteed $20.922 million 2019 salary on the fifth-year option, exercised in April 2018, from his 2015 rookie deal.

Remember when Winston and Mariota got drafted and people said stuff like, "They'll always be connected." Wow, did that turn out to be true. They're next to each other literally every time we do a list like this.

Mariota hasn't shown an ability to stay consistently healthy, and Ryan Tannehill is a better backup option than the Titans had last season. You wonder about Mariota's leash with a coaching staff that didn't draft him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26744212/ranking-nfl-qb-commitment-how-married-all-32-teams-their-starters

It's hard to imagine a scenario in which he's extended.

If he doesn't look like a top 10 QB, or gets hurt, he'll walk. If he stays healthy and puts up fantastic numbers, he will price himself price himself into one of the most expensive QB contracts. The problem is it will only be based off 1 year of production, and we'll still be worried about injury risk -- so you franchise him.

I don't see a scenario where Mariota looks mediocre and both Webster and Mariota's agent accept a mid-range long term deal.

9 hours ago, big2033 said:

That's a chicken and the egg argument.

They'll cut him loose when he successfully cuts it loose.

Nobody is holding him back.

Did I say they were going to hold him back?  It's a run-first offense.  That's not going to change.  Enough with your agenda already.  We get it.  

I like Oilerman's idea.

If Mariota balls out next year plays great and looks like a genuine franchise guy then the next move is Tag him. The franchise tag protects us so that if Mariota comes back to earth we can cut him loose.

Robinson would be making a huge mistake if he signed Mariota to a big long term deal based only on 2019.

Tag gives us an extra year to judge his play and see if he can replicate his success.

5 hours ago, BudAdams said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000001030837/Players-under-the-most-pressure-to-succeed-in-2019

Tomlinson says Mariota is under the most pressure in 2019.  Vereen picked Wentz

Check out Lindsay Rhodes pic to the right of the video, her rack is huge