What's your Mariota threshold?

They've been talking about it on 3HL and asking people what they want/need to see from Mariota before they'd feel comfortable with the Titans giving him a multi-year, big money deal. Obviously staying injury free will likely be at the top of almost everyone's list, but if you're someone who hasn't totally given up on the idea of him being the future for the team, what would you need to see from? How many yards, touchdowns, team win, interceptions, etc. etc.?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't give him an extension almost regardless of what he does. I'd give him the franchise tag if he had a good year and make him do it longer.     

Completion pct. - 99% Sacks - 0   Anything less is unacceptable.  Move on.  

Him staying healthy is enough.  I believe he'll produce acceptable numbers and, more importantly, wins if he is healthy.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I wouldn't give him an extension almost regardless of what he does. I'd give him the franchise tag if he had a good year and make him do it longer. 

Cant argue with this but then he'll pull a Cousins and use the tag as his annual salary baseline. 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Agreed.

As for the OP, I would expect at least a 2:1 ratio of TD/INT, TD% of at least 5.0%, YPA > 7.1, QB rating in the mid 90’s.  Obviously he needs to be able to finish the season health wise.

Team wise, they need to be a playoff contender and I would caveat the stats with them being meaningful - not padded stats in blowouts.

I don't think he even needs to start 16 games.

He needs to put up top 10 numbers: 25+ TDs, 12 INTs or less and 3,400 plus passing yards.

But I agree with @OILERMAN you might as well bite the bullet and franchise him regardless.

It's all about production not games started for me. If he was still putting up numbers and missing 2 games a year I'd be fine with it.

Edited by big2033

I don't see an extension as even a remote possibility.   If he plays well enough to warrant an extension, tag him and make him prove he can do it two years in a row.

Acceptable production:     3500+ yards, 24+ TDs,  single-digit INTs, 95+ passer rating,  <5% sacks.     And I wouldn't mind seeing  -5 yards rushing for the season.

He has to play 16 games, win in the playoffs, and finish Top 5 in the MVP race for me. I don’t give a damn about the award, but that will mean he had dominant stats. Even then, I would tag him and make him do it again while seriously considering a Round 1 QB.

Edited by AvgJoe

Start at least 14 games and win a wildcard playoff game with the team winning with him and not despite him.  The loss in the divisional round can't be mostly attributed to his mistakes.  If that happens the stats will be adequate enough and it's much much more about helping the team win than anything to do with stats anyway.   That will get him another chance(franchise tag) to prove he can be successful consistently.  Less than this and Jrob will get his chance to draft a first round QB.

An obviously huge win in the divisonal round and berth in the afc championship game gets him an extension.  The team will in no way be able to get that far winning despite him-he would have to be doing a ton of things right.