Honor makes second Breakout Player list*Moving the Sticks*Now Prisco UPDATED

Number9

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030537/article/breakout-nfl-players-for-2019-dak-prescott-is-a-30-million-qb

2) Harold Landry, OLB, Tennessee Titans: The second-year pro has already opened eyes as a pass rusher with his impressive first-step quickness and body control. Landry turns the corner like a cat chasing a mouse, and his closing burst to the quarterback from the back side makes him a threat to tally 10-plus sacks as a full-time starter. Given Cameron Wake's attention-grabbing presence, Landry could emerge as a force off the edge this season.

@@the accompanying video has some good talk about Honor.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-breakout-players-heres-a-look-at-10-who-are-poised-for-big-things-this-season/

After a slow start to his rookie season because of an ankle injury – which forced him to miss Week 1 – Landry flashed late in the season. He finished with 4.5 sacks, but had one in each of the team's final two games.

@@More Prisco comments @site.  

Landry was my #1 pick for the Titans in round one last year.  I really thought he was who JRob was moving up to pick.  He had undervalued written all over him because of his senior year injuries.  Vrabel fell in love with him pre-draft and spent unusual time with him during visits/camps.  I think Vrabel sees huge potential in Landry.  Nice to see some national notice of Landry.

Landry was a monster in college.  If he came out after his 2016 season, he would have possibly gone top 5.  He was a QB sacking, fumble producing, offense wrecking machine.  He has speed and a determination to hit QB.  NFL people are leery of injuries, but not Jon Robinson.  I don't think he's ever met an injured player he didn't like in the first round.  Ankle injury, groin injury, ACL!  JRob's mantra is "I'll take him in the first"  I think JRob has gotten us the making of a phenomenal defense with Evans, Simmons and Landry joining the Titans.

I mentioned this in another thread, but this needs it's own.

Edited by Number9

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congrats Honor! That's a huge Harold to even be considered!

Given the number of snaps they played (1000+), Orakpo and Morgan's lack of sacks was really quite amazing.    Orakpo's 1.5 sacks tied for #212 in the league;  Morgan tied for #394 with 0.5 sacks.   Th

15 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Wait.  This can't be possible.  Before the draft he was unproven and we needed to use a 1st round pick on an edge player.  Now everyone is jumping aboard the love ship. 

Truth is our starting OLBs will be better by a significant amount than we had with Morgan and Orakpo and deeper. 

1.  Landry is a legit 1st round talent who will get his share of sacks if he is out there.

2.  Evans can contribute on the edge if needed and leaves the field on passing down anyway as an ILB.

3.  Wake can still ball.  Probably ends up being a situational pass rusher (keep him fresh for later in the game). 

4.  Finch - JRob knew what he was doing when he offered Finch the highest contract of any of the 22 UDFA we brought in.  Legit player.

5.  De Andre Walker - great value and at minimum depth and rotation guy.  Might push as a starter.

6.  Correa - dead man walking unless we have an injury.  Still, could do worse as your bottom guy. 

Lot of hope there...

De Andrew Walker could push as a starter?  Umm...... I guess he could.

Edited by japan

The D is going to be dynamic when it hits maturity, almost all of it JRob's design.  He keeps adding pieces that fit the other pieces.  That's why I'm not extremely worried about the QB going forward.  We absolutely need a good one, ndat.  But this team has so much more talent on both sides of the ball than Vince or Jake had there's no comparison.  I see the D being top five for the next few seasons.

8 minutes ago, japan said:

Lot of hope there...

De Andrew Walker could push as a starter?  Umm...... I guess he could.

Someone has to start ahead of Wake. Presumably it’s Walker, Finch, or Correa.

Edited by Starkiller

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Someone has to start ahead of Wake. Presumably it’s Walker, Finch, or Correa.

Right.  And people are telling me that edge is actually a strength?

24 minutes ago, 8MM said:

giphy.gif

Maybe I shuda spelled it out.  They are building a powerful D to keep down scoring against them.  The offense now has three receivers with NFL starting ability, Delaine Walker*, DHen, plus bookend tackles.  They need one, but don't have to have an elite QB to win.  Mariota, if he goes down in comes Tannehill.  If Mariota doesn't play well enough to be resigned they roll with Tannehill and the best game manager type QB they can bring in.  An elite QB would be great, but the surrounding cast is in place to produce points.

New England does it with Brady's backups.  Last season the Titans ran the Wildcat and used a 100 yard passing performance by Mariota on the fly to beat Jax.  That's New England style.  I am not saying they are on Belichick's level, but teams win all the time without elite QBs.  Minny was a gimme kick away from the NFC Championship game with Teddy Bridgewater.

Edit::Hilarious Gif.  LOL

Edited by Number9

4 hours ago, Starkiller said:

It’s certainly not a weakness...

We'll see.  Anytime someone tells me that a position is a strength and we are depending on a 5th round draft pick to carry much of the load, the word 'strength' doesn't necessarily come to mind...