Are the Cowboys really stupid enough to pay Dak Prescott $30M/year??

@nine that's a great explanation of Dak's numbers.  There are a lot of QB who if the pieces were never missing get most the credit for the numbers they put up.  The Cowboys also have the good sense to retain their coaching staff.  If they had fired Garrett and brought in a new coach, Dak would probably be considered a bust by now.

I think Amy gets this and is smart enough to hold onto JRob.  Vrabel too if he shows consistency, but has a down season.  They couldn't help it with ML, but in hindsight they may have been better off with an OC that wasn't on such a high trajectory career path.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carson Wentz signed a 4 year $128 M deal.  He has never led his team to the playoffs or have a playoff victory or even has that many healthy seasons.  Also he is known as a bad leader.  Dak Prescott a

Even for TR standards, you are some other type of special... you do you but so the world a favor and just shut the fuck up from here on out. Thanks!

If you have a good QB, you pay him.  Dak has his limitations but he has reasonably good stats, has done really well in GW drive/comeback situations, and actually has the most wins since 2016 besides Brady.  He reminds me a lot of McNair to be honest as a mobile QB with one big caveat - he's never missed a game.

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

If you have a good QB, you pay him.  Dak has his limitations but he has reasonably good stats, has done really well in GW drive/comeback situations, and actually has the most wins since 2016 besides Brady.  He reminds me a lot of McNair to be honest as a mobile QB with one big caveat - he's never missed a game.

Dak must be one tough s.o.b.   I have to watch some more Dallas games because l haven't seen that Dak.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:08 PM, Callidus said:

I don't think any player is worth 30mil a year. As good as Brady is he knows making more than 10-15mil a year is a joke. Yes he has his rich ass wife's cash to add to the pot.

But difference between making 10-15mil and 30-35mil is 2 or 3 probowlers.

12 hours ago, japan said:

They were 13th in spending at the position last year (the one they actually won fyi)... They paid their QBs the same as Matt Ryan, Cam, pre-contract Rodgers and Alex Smith.

Nothing too crazy but when you have the best QB in the history of the game for the price of Alex Smith, Matt Ryan or Cam you know you are getting a steal.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2019 at 7:47 PM, nine said:

As far as Prescott goes....I'd rank him among the second tier of NFL quarterbacks, somewhere in the #10-20 range.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:56 PM, abenjami said:

Of course they will pay Dak.  As much as Jerry Jones wants to win, it comes second to making money...and Dak is a media darling.

I completely agree that he's not an elite QB, but he turned down a deal for $30M/year and now says that he wants $40M/year!?! What a joke! :wacko:

On 5/13/2019 at 7:47 PM, nine said:

Is Prescott a great QB?   Nope.   Not at this point in his career, he's not.

He had a great rookie season, but so did Marcus Mariota and Rick Mirer. Just look at what has happened with those two since they peaked.

Dak already peaked his rookie year, if the Cowboys are too stupid to realize that then they deserve to waste $100M+ re-signing him. I hope they do.

He is a mediocre QB without Zeke behind him holding his jock strap. Even more so than Troy Aikman when he had Emmitt Smith doing the same.

52 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I completely agree that he's not an elite QB, but he turned down a deal for $30M/year and now says that he wants $40M/year!?! What a joke! :wacko:

If the Cowboys give in to Elliot and Prescott then they deserve everything that happens.

Carson Wentz signed a 4 year $128 M deal.  He has never led his team to the playoffs or have a playoff victory or even has that many healthy seasons.  Also he is known as a bad leader.  Dak Prescott absolutely deserves to make more than Carson Wentz and any offer less than that should be an insult.  

But of course this is just another thread on TR about a Black QB not being worthy.  

28 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Carson Wentz signed a 4 year $128 M deal.  He has never led his team to the playoffs or have a playoff victory or even has that many healthy seasons.  Also he is known as a bad leader.  Dak Prescott absolutely deserves to make more than Carson Wentz and any offer less than that should be an insult.  

But of course this is just another thread on TR about a Black QB not being worthy.  

No, he doesn't.  His stats are bad.

He's not worthy, not because he is black, but because he isn't very good and is a beneficiary of the Dallas OL, and Zeke Elliot.  Race has nothing to do with this.

1 hour ago, Righteous said:

No, it's not. The only true bias in this thread is that he's a Cowboy, not African-American. I don't give a shit what color he is.

I supported Warren Moon when he was with the Oilers. I was in attendance when Steve McNair made his first NFL start for the Oilers at the Astrodome on December 17, 1995 (four years before he lead the Titans to their only Super Bowl appearance in franchise history). Hell, I even supported Vince Young when he played for them. I was in the crowd at Reliant Stadium (now NRG) screaming my ass off on December 10, 2006 when VY ran 39 yards for the game-winning TD in OT on a 3rd and 14 play. Playing the race card for poor little Dak is total bullshit, his race has nothing to do with this. :rolleyes: