Sign in to follow this  
Kyle021

Rookie Polls - Multiple Questions

Which rookie do you think will have the biggest impact this year for the Titans...?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the biggest impact for the team in year one?

• Jeffrey Simmons - If he plays after week 6
    • AJ Brown
    • Nate Davis
    • Amani Hooker
    • D’Andre Walker
    • David Long Jr
  2. 2. Who do you think will have the biggest impact in year 2?

3. 3. Whom is most likely to bust?

4. 4. Do you think any will be All Pros?

5. 5. Will any be multiple Pro Bowlers (including just one prowbowl) during their rookie deal?

6. 6. How many rookies do you think start week one assuming everyone is healthy?

9 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I refuse to label a bust so l couldn’t vote. 

Voting someone to be most likely to bust isn't the same as saying they will bust.

Simmons is a good candidate because ACL's are a bad injury regardless of how much better the surgeries and rehab are these days. Davis is another good candidate because he was drafted relatively high and will be counted upon to earn a starting job at guard sooner rather than later. But they have a perceived higher chance of busting out. Perceptions are like assholes. Some perceptions are much shittier than others.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Number9   
8 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Voting someone to be most likely to bust isn't the same as saying they will bust.

Simmons is a good candidate because ACL's are a bad injury regardless of how much better the surgeries and rehab are these days. Davis is another good candidate because he was drafted relatively high and will be counted upon to earn a starting job at guard sooner rather than later. But they have a perceived higher chance of busting out. Perceptions are like assholes. Some perceptions are much shittier than others.

Well said, but I ain’t voting. Plus, some guys dig up ancient shit to get people. Some posters stayed mad at me for years after the Great VY War.  I used to troll the board pretty bad. Sometimes I would be laughing so much I couldn’t type it up. 

GOAT9   

I think Brown will make the most impact in year 1 and 2. Simmons wont play in year 1 and lineman with knee injuries usually need another year to get back into form (plus he will still have to get some pro experience). I wouldn't expect to see Simmon's actual impact until year 3. Davis will bust. Calling it now. Should have taken McGovern or Jordan. 

Soxcat   

If they thought Simmons wouldn't have an impact until year 3 there is no way they would have taken him at #19 IMO.  Not with guys like Fant and Tillery still on the board.  We could have also had Ford who would be an instant starter at RG.  Even Lock was a legit target they could have taken.  I think they expect Simmons to impact in year 2 with a potential to play some late year one. 

As for Davis their thinking is sound.  Average OGs (like Spain) are not hard to find but Davis, while some risk, has a high ceiling.  Actually, the chances of Davis being a total dud are pretty low.  In fact I'm not sure where the negativity on Davis comes from.  The kid is built low but has long arms and moves real well.  The scouting report on Davis is good power and outstanding quickness.  He just needs some refinement on his technique. 

GOAT9   
15 hours ago, Soxcat said:

If they thought Simmons wouldn't have an impact until year 3 there is no way they would have taken him at #19 IMO.  Not with guys like Fant and Tillery still on the board.  We could have also had Ford who would be an instant starter at RG.  Even Lock was a legit target they could have taken.  I think they expect Simmons to impact in year 2 with a potential to play some late year one. 

As for Davis their thinking is sound.  Average OGs (like Spain) are not hard to find but Davis, while some risk, has a high ceiling.  Actually, the chances of Davis being a total dud are pretty low.  In fact I'm not sure where the negativity on Davis comes from.  The kid is built low but has long arms and moves real well.  The scouting report on Davis is good power and outstanding quickness.  He just needs some refinement on his technique. 

Its who will make the most impact. I think Brown will make more because of natural progression. Simmons will still be working back into form and wont have the same amount of experience. Im sure he will make an impact in his 2nd year but I don't think his impact will eclipse Browns until 3. 

Davis doesn't have a higher ceiling than McGovern or Jordan.