Rookie Polls - Multiple Questions

kyle021

Which rookie do you think will have the biggest impact this year for the Titans...?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the biggest impact for the team in year one?

• Jeffrey Simmons - If he plays after week 6
    • AJ Brown
    • Nate Davis
    • Amani Hooker
    • D’Andre Walker
    • David Long Jr
  2. 2. Who do you think will have the biggest impact in year 2?

3. 3. Whom is most likely to bust?

4. 4. Do you think any will be All Pros?

5. 5. Will any be multiple Pro Bowlers (including just one prowbowl) during their rookie deal?

6. 6. How many rookies do you think start week one assuming everyone is healthy?

I picked Davis as most likely to bust, but I don’t believe he will. Hard to label a late round guy like Long as a bust. 

I expect Hooker to have the biggest immediate impact with Ryan coming back from injury.

I picked 2 rookies to start but technically I don’t think any will be in the actual starting lineup. But I think Brown for sure & Hooker will play a significant role in sub packages, which is really more important than the actual starting lineup. Humphries for example will be the starting #2 WR all year because of his contract but Brown will most likely play close to the same snaps.

I voted Hooker as most likely to bust but only because I don't consider anything past the 4th a bust. Ignoring that I would've gone with Walker. I just don't like his tape too much. I think Hooker will actually be good once he gets on the field. 

The one most likely to bust has to be Simmons. Not that I think he will, just that he is obviously the most likely. 

He was the top pick so he has the highest bar to clear. And he is coming off a torn ACL so he comes in with the biggest potential to disappoint simply because he could not be the same guy as before injury. And you have to at least have some concern for the off field issue even though it doesn’t appear to be an issue going forward based on his last 3 years. 

Rarely do WR's make an impact their first year, especially with a gimp QB, but MM will feel the heat of the contract year and Tannehill. Brown seems ready.

I would have selected Hooker if not for Kenny V. Hooker has instinct and high football IQ. He honestly could be just as good as Byard. 

4 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I voted Hooker as most likely to bust but only because I don't consider anything past the 4th a bust. Ignoring that I would've gone with Walker. I just don't like his tape too much. I think Hooker will actually be good once he gets on the field. 

4 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I don’t consider anyone picked on day 3 to be a bust...

Yeah I'm kind in this same boat. If Hooker becomes a contributor, you can't call him a bust. Round 1-2 needs to start day one, round 1 needs to be a fixture/pro bowl by year 4. Round 3 needs to start within a couple years. Anything after 4, if they make the damn team, yay.

Best case Simmons and Brown do really well and Hooker becomes a good slot guy.

If Davis becomes a consistent starter as well then this is one of the all time best drafts which you can't exactly expect.

I expect nothing from Walker or Long.

I only voted bust for Long simply because he's on the poll as a choice, but he shouldn't be. The word "bust" implies expectations weren't met, but how much expectation for success does anyone really have for a 6th round pick? These guys are projects from the moment they're drafted. They're essentially glorified UDFA's.