Sign in to follow this  
TennesseeTuxedo

When Was America Great?

Rolltide   
1 hour ago, Btowner said:

Too funny. Stop projecting your rape fantasies on other people.

I thought you didn't care about my opinion or disdain for Trump? Speaking of derangement. What the hell does OJ have to do with your statement that liberals hate America. As usual, another retarded diversion. 

BTW, remind us again how much respect and love you had for Obama. Grow the fuck up!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=metaphor&form=EDGSPH&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=3e1678c4e9424e8d8ebe30e93befbba9&PC=MSE1&sp=-1&pq=metaphor&sc=8-8&qs=n&sk=&cvid=3e1678c4e9424e8d8ebe30e93befbba9

It's called a metaphor Jethro. Get an education. I equated your hate for Trump for the hate somebody would have for the murderer of a loved one. What is different is the added hate you have for anybody who does not share your stupid opinions and want America to fail. I never hated Obama like that. 

Wow we have a president who is a narcissist?   OMG impeach now!

Rolltide   

🤬Trump is a narcissist'!! Don't you people get it?🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btowner   
1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

🤬Trump is a narcissist'!! Don't you people get it?🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. This is all you have? It's so predictable and lame. Take snippets of a post and build a strawman argument. 

People can agree to disagree without hating. You run around this forum posting like a 4th grader with your childish insults, name calling and ridiculous generalizations. 

You claim not to give "2 shits" about my opinion about Trump, but look at your last couple of posts. This is America not North Korea. I don't have to bow to your dear leader. You fake libertarian.

Rogue   
9 minutes ago, Btowner said:

Wow. This is all you have? It's so predictable and lame. Take snippets of a post and build a strawman argument. 

People can agree to disagree without hating. You run around this forum posting like a 4th grader with your childish insults, name calling and ridiculous generalizations. 

You claim not to give "2 shits" about my opinion about Trump, but look at your last couple of posts. This is America not North Korea. I don't have to bow to your dear leader. You fake libertarian.

Rolltard talks about everyone else's hate, while it dominates his own being.  

Projection.  

Rolltide   

Note the lack of refined thinking. I equate the deranged hatred of Trump to the way somebody might think about a person who murdered a loved one and a poster thinks that has something top do with being a mean poster. If you are unable to understand a basic point how can you have a discussion?

On many occasions I have brought up the consequences of a Trump impeachment or resignation. How it would divide our country like never before since the civil war. How it would be bad for stocks. I have stated dozens of times how this obsession with getting Trump has been an assault on civil liberties. I have mentioned many times how I do not want a Mike Pence presidency and why. None of this had an effect on the dozen or so posters on this board who only want Trump destroyed and care not what It might mean for a country. 

All they care about is that they hate Trump and they want him destroyed. 

Edited by Rolltide

Rolltide   

The Libertarian bullshit. 

Neither Btowner or Rogue even one time have identified one basic tenet of libertarian belief and how I might not be consistent with it. Neither has even shown the slightest inkling that they might know what a libertarian is. There are some hints in the above post. Concerns about civil liberties and the preference of Trump over a bible christian conservative could provide a key to a person with a normal IQ. 

They are pissed that I don't hate Trump like they do but cannot identify one reason I as a self described libertarian should hate Trump. Not one! Btowner thinks that Libertarian means fair. . 

Most of the areas where I am not consistent with purist libertarian small government views I am to the left not the right. Going to complain about that? For example I pragmatically accept that we have to have a social safety net for the poor. A government social security system or universal health care that is not tied to employment. Those are left wing views!

In any event why do these dolts obsess over whether i fit the definition of libertarian? Are they the libertarian police? Yet another example of their irrational deranged hatred of Trump. 

Justafan   
12 hours ago, Number9 said:

I think the greatest days of America were after WW2.  I think for my generation that's the time people relate too.  We were a country united.  The problem comes when you start to take side issues and say that's all America was.  President Ike said, "barefoot and pregnant"  That was later used to say he was degrading women, but that is what happens during prosperity.  Ask the immigrants who come here.

I went to school in Chapel Hill, TN until the 4th grade.  I loved elementary school.  We had a little two room school house.  One room had the 1st-4th grade and the other room had the 5th-8th grade.  We drank cool well water after running around the school yard playing.  Miss Nim used to always give me the most sought after milk bottle that had a calendar on it.  Some just had a picture and most had nothing.  When we got our books, I always got one of the newest.  Some of them didn't even have covers they had been used so much.  Our books came from the white school.  It was a beautiful red brick bldg, with a big playground.  It looked like a school you saw on TV.

I think sometimes people associate when America was great w/pre-civil rights, pre-womens rights.  I can't say what Trump means because he never explains anything.  Has he ever said "Make America Great Again like when..."  There comes the problem.  America has always been great for me because I, for the most part try to be happy.  This is a free country.  I decided to go into business and I went into business.  I decided to start investing in real estate and I started buying R.E.  Now, I could whine I didn't have a far chance because...  I bought houses and apartments without ever filling out a loan application.  Wait, I did fill one out once.  Declined.

Our big problem is divisive politics.  If you identify yourself as black, you can't be a repub.  If you want to make America Great Again, then you're a homophobe racist woman beater.  If you are a dem you are for giving people everything and not asking them to work.  That's all bs.  I have people in my life who voted for Trump.  One friend would give whatever he had to me voted for Trump, he wouldn't again.  Another Trumper I talk with feels the same way I do about people.  She was saying how horrible the Muslins are, but she said her friend "..." is a Muslim and he's the most Christlike person she knows.  

It pains me today because we have lost the ability to communicate w/o hostility.  We don't know each other anymore and we don't talk.  We label people and start hurling insults.  Condemnation prior to investigation.  We, Americans have started to be our worse enemy.  

I lived for a little while out in Triune.  Just down the road from Chapel Hill.  It's a quiet area.  Maybe I'll move back that way one day.  

Justafan   
10 hours ago, Rogue said:

Rolltard talks about everyone else's hate, while it dominates his own being.  

Projection.  

Dominates might be too light a description.  Someone who has that much hate and blame for the rest of the world lives a sad and shallow existence.  A bit of advice to the unfortunate.  

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

HOTT   

I don't go for this Make American Great Again stuff and never have.  In my eyes it should have been Make America Even Greater!

What's this Marshal Plan I've heard some people talk about?

Rolltide   
17 hours ago, HOTT said:

I don't go for this Make American Great Again stuff and never have.  In my eyes it should have been Make America Even Greater!

What's this Marshal Plan I've heard some people talk about?

Hillary to her credit in one of the debates said that America was never not great. Not cool for a liberal.

Edited by Rolltide

GOAT9   
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, TitanDuckFan said:

And that doesn't change the fact that we spent Billion$ rebuilding Europe, including Germany, after Americans of all stripes sacrificed their very way of life to fight WWII.

It's been said that today's America couldn't win WWII.  But not because of our military, but because our civilian population has become so selfish and self-centered they would never allow themselves to go without the way our parents and grandparents did.

And I strongly suspect that theory is correct.

Shit we couldn't even see Vietnam through. No way in hell this generation could handle something like WW2. We have a damned person in congress berating our country and veterans for fighting in Mogadishu for Christs sake. 

7 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

Shit we couldn't even see Vietnam through. No way in hell this generation could handle something like WW2. We have a damned person in congress berating our country and veterans for fighting in Mogadishu for Christs sake. 

Don’t forget about a president who had five deferments!

9 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Ehhhh fuck off with this line of thought. 

We we didn’t see Vietnam through because it was a war we didn’t belong in and citizens became to smart to participate. 

There’s too much knowledge available to conceal war motives now.  People don’t feel like dying or killing for someone else to have more money.  

If there was an actual war where people actually needed to fight for freedom or to save the world ... this generation would be fine. 

Old people always say the young are weak.. it’s happened for 10s of thousands of years

Rolltide   
55 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So?  They gave deferments to college students and many took advantage of it.  I'd blame the process and not Trump.

Another difference is that Trump has yet to ask 100,000 American troops to put themselves in harms way in some foreign country for dishonest reasons. Bush and Cheney did that. Then when guys started coming back in body bags sans limbs and with brain damage we were told to accept it as a way of supporting the troops. they were also slow to respond when people asked for and demanded better armor for troop transports.