Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
9 Nines

This is the end - Tariffs raised

Recommended Posts

OILERMAN   
2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Its not a big deal but of course, anything the liberals can try and turn into this gigantic problem that Trump is somehow killing us with the trade wars, they will surely pounce on. 

Looks like the GOP senators are also turning into liberals!

 

FARMERS ARE 'LOSING THEIR PATIENCE' WITH DONALD TRUMP OVER CHINA TRADE DEAL, GOP SENATOR SAYS

 

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-china-trade-war-farmers-losing-patience-tariffs-1418947

 

Republican senators warned that American farmers are increasingly frustrated by President Donald Trump’s efforts to secure a new trade deal with China as the economy braces for further tariffs imposed by Washington and the inevitable retaliation by Beijing.

 

Senator Pat Roberts, a Republican from Kansas, also aired concerns from Trump’s rural base, who helped him to secure the White House in 2016—and could stop his re-election in 2020 if his strategy of pursuing a trade war with China and others goes awry.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolltide   
1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Looks like the GOP senators are also turning into liberals!

 

FARMERS ARE 'LOSING THEIR PATIENCE' WITH DONALD TRUMP OVER CHINA TRADE DEAL, GOP SENATOR SAYS

 

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-china-trade-war-farmers-losing-patience-tariffs-1418947

 

Republican senators warned that American farmers are increasingly frustrated by President Donald Trump’s efforts to secure a new trade deal with China as the economy braces for further tariffs imposed by Washington and the inevitable retaliation by Beijing.

 

Senator Pat Roberts, a Republican from Kansas, also aired concerns from Trump’s rural base, who helped him to secure the White House in 2016—and could stop his re-election in 2020 if his strategy of pursuing a trade war with China and others goes awry.

 

 

Are you finished crying about that massive $60B a year trade going on between Russia and China? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Looks like the GOP senators are also turning into liberals!

 

FARMERS ARE 'LOSING THEIR PATIENCE' WITH DONALD TRUMP OVER CHINA TRADE DEAL, GOP SENATOR SAYS

 

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-china-trade-war-farmers-losing-patience-tariffs-1418947

 

Republican senators warned that American farmers are increasingly frustrated by President Donald Trump’s efforts to secure a new trade deal with China as the economy braces for further tariffs imposed by Washington and the inevitable retaliation by Beijing.

 

Senator Pat Roberts, a Republican from Kansas, also aired concerns from Trump’s rural base, who helped him to secure the White House in 2016—and could stop his re-election in 2020 if his strategy of pursuing a trade war with China and others goes awry.

 

 

Cant please everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a “trade imbalance” with China because we buy a lot of cheap Chinese shit. If you make Chinese things more expensive with tariffs all that happens is we spend more money buying it from China or somewhere else. 

 

Yes, we are sending money to China. We do it in exchange for goods. It’s silly to worry about the “imbalance” because we’re (by we I mean individual private entities) are voluntarily engaging in trade. If they’d be better off buying goods from Vietnam or Indonesia Walmart is free to do that. They would if it was a better deal for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue   
11 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

We have a “trade imbalance” with China because we buy a lot of cheap Chinese shit. If you make Chinese things more expensive with tariffs all that happens is we spend more money buying it from China or somewhere else. 

 

I actually don't have that big of a problem with some protectionism.  I've held that for a while.  And China should be punished for their actions.  Tariffs may or may not be the best way to do so, but it is a way.    

 

However, I understand that this action passes costs on to the US consumer.  If ANY of board right wingers would admit this, particularly the stupid "libertarian", we might could have a conversation.  But they won't because it goes against every thing they've ever been told to say and it doesn't look good that King Trump is levying a tax on the US consumer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolltide   
52 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I actually don't have that big of a problem with some protectionism.  I've held that for a while.  And China should be punished for their actions.  Tariffs may or may not be the best way to do so, but it is a way.    

 

However, I understand that this action passes costs on to the US consumer.  If ANY of board right wingers would admit this, particularly the stupid "libertarian", we might could have a conversation.  But they won't because it goes against every thing they've ever been told to say and it doesn't look good that King Trump is levying a tax on the US consumer.  

Hey asshole. Tariffs are a tax on goods that we can choose to buy or not to buy. I did not say anything in support of an increase in tariffs so why don't you go fuck yourself.

 

All my posts were sensible and not one sided vs Obama or in favor of Trump. You are too dumb to see that. Please do not respond to another post of mine. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Rolltide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

We have a “trade imbalance” with China because we buy a lot of cheap Chinese shit. If you make Chinese things more expensive with tariffs all that happens is we spend more money buying it from China or somewhere else. 

 

Yes, we are sending money to China. We do it in exchange for goods. It’s silly to worry about the “imbalance” because we’re (by we I mean individual private entities) are voluntarily engaging in trade. If they’d be better off buying goods from Vietnam or Indonesia Walmart is free to do that. They would if it was a better deal for them. 

Trump has been obsessed with this issue since the 80s. Of course you are right, but to the extent Trump has core beliefs, lowering trade deficits and tariffs are among those he holds dearest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue   
1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

Hey asshole. Tariffs are a tax on goods that we can choose to buy or not to buy. I did not say anything in support of an increase in tariffs so why don't you go fuck yourself.

 

All my posts were sensible and not one sided vs Obama or in favor of Trump. You are too dumb to see that. Please do not respond to another post of mine. 

 

 

 

 

So, to be clear, you disagree with Trump's tariffs?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   

"Since Trump took office and began his trade war, the total value of America’s agricultural exports to China decreased from $17.142 billion in 2017 to $11.853 billion in 2018, a drop of 31 percent, data from the Foreign Agricultural Service show."

 

"The fall is set to worsen in the current year. According to the same data, U.S. agricultural exports to China between October 2017 and February 2018 totaled $9.76 billion. The same period a year later, between October 2018 and February 2019, the figure was $1.61 billion, a decline of 83.5 percent."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   
3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I wonder if that teacher who saw an extra ten dollars a pay check is still in the black on this whole deal? 

Remember when right before the midterms, Trump said he was going to introduce a middle class tax cut next week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   

Sonny Perdue said on Friday that President Donald Trump had asked him to create a plan to help American farmers cope with the heavy impact of the U.S.-China trade war on agriculture.

 

A new aid program would be the second round of assistance for farmers, after the Department of Agriculture's $12 billion plan last year to compensate for lower prices for farm goods and lost sales stemming from trade disputes with China and other nations.

 

The toll on U.S. agriculture has been heavy, in a sector that has largely been supportive of Trump. Soybeans are the most valuable U.S. farm export, and shipments to China dropped to a 16-year low in 2018, while soybean futures prices fell this week to 11-year lows - and once again closed down on Friday.

 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-ready-plan-support-farmers-141756810.html

 

So, Trump's plan is to sell T-Bills to the Chinese to finance a budget deficit that pays farmers because they can't sell their grain to the Chinese.  Brilliant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ctm said:

Remember when right before the midterms, Trump said he was going to introduce a middle class tax cut next week?

Me misspoke. He meant raise, tax raise. It’s a common error. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...