IBD: Trump responsible for booming economy

LongTimeFan

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

... says the unnamed editorial from a year and a half years ago...

He pulled a CTF on steroids and thought it was from January this year. At least CTF was a character we could all enjoy laughing at. 

16 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He pulled a CTF on steroids and thought it was from January this year. At least CTF was a character we could all enjoy laughing at. 

That's just how fucking stupid you two are.  If the economy was due to Trump 18 months ago according to IBD, how is Obama responsible for it now?

14 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

That's just how fucking stupid you two are.  If the economy was due to Trump 18 months ago according to IBD, how is Obama responsible for it now?

Most haven’t said Obama was responsible for the current economy. They’ve said he was a steady hand who helped take us out of the largest recession since the Great Depression and resided over the longest growth in the stock market in history. Those are facts. Trump was given a strong market with legs. 

The gotcha point is the fact the president said going into the election the actual unemployment rate was 43%. He’s clueless. His policies have done little to promote growth. The Dow was -5.8% last year on the heels of a 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut. The economy has just kept moving in the same direction. It doesn’t mean he gets zero credit; rather it means most of know he’s an idiot who has no idea what he’s doing. 

To further: the point you’re talking about as it regards to the discussion is how Obama gets absolutely no credit for digging us out the worst recession in two generations;  he then gets no credit on the Trump side for leaving a booming economy with a clear and defined line of steadily decreasing unemployment while the stock market was consistently rising. You can’t have both. You can’t blame Obama for a bad economy on the tail of Bush and then say the current economy is all because of Trump’s actions. To think all of those things were true would be a contradiction of logic. 

I dont believe I have ever posted anything negative on Obama's economy. And we are probably on the same page with Bush. Obama was given a shit economy and, in my opinion, did the bar minimum to get it level by printing money and having a 0% interest rate. Also, imo, Obama's unemployment numbers were buoyed by the labor participation rate.  And we can both quote shit from either side.

The main purpose of the thread was to just point out to @Number9 that an opposite argument can be made. And it would have been less effective if I just quoted something in his thread.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I dont believe I have ever posted anything negative on Obama's economy. And we are probably on the same page with Bush. Obama was given a shit economy and, in my opinion, did the bar minimum to get it level by printing money and having a 0% interest rate. Also, imo, Obama's unemployment numbers were buoyed by the labor participation rate.  And we can both quote shit from either side.

The main purpose of the thread was to just point out to @Number9 that an opposite argument can be made. And it would have been less effective if I just quoted something in his thread.

Quick question. Are those unemployment numbers you talked about the same one Trump uses? 

Archived