Jump to content
Huston

Drool, energy drinks, a Day 3 pick based on a single play: Titans GM explains reasoning behind all six selections

Recommended Posts

Soxcat   
14 hours ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

You guys. You don’t have to quote the OP lol

Yea, not only do we get to read an article that we didn't pay for but we get to read it multiple times :)

@charleytolar must be fuming.....  look how many times JRob could have traded down and got more picks.  Then he trades up and takes Hooker.  Look at all those great players we could have drafted even if we lost Hooker (enter in one or two good players we could have drafted 3 years from now when hindsight is 20/20).

 

JRob's play for a WR was spot on to what I thought (really thought Whiteside could be the pick).  Literally 4 guys he would have been happy with and he got the one he liked the best. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
1 hour ago, titanruss said:

"Robinson has made clear, however, that he wants Mariota to be the team’s long-term solution at the position."

 

doesnt sound much like he's just waiting to dump the guy... 

That wasn't a Robinson quote if you paid attention but I'm sure he'd rather have the most important position solved than be in QB purgatory - it was the sentence written by the author.  It's in line with what AAS said in March at the Owner's Meeting.

 

Quote

“Marcus, I want him to be successful,” Strunk said. “I want him to be our franchise quarterback.  “It was a tough year from an injury standpoint last year, and I know that Marcus is raring to go and prove that he can be that guy.”

The Titans absolutely want Mariota to pan out.  They always have.  That doesn't mean it has or will.  Mariota is about to be the first QB to play a down on the 5th year option and no discussion of a long term deal is happening.  He'll have to play well and stay healthy to prove he's worthy of a second deal, regardless of how much the owner, GM, or players like him.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, titanruss said:

"Robinson has made clear, however, that he wants Mariota to be the team’s long-term solution at the position."

 

doesnt sound much like he's just waiting to dump the guy... 

Im sure he would love to have mariota stay healthy and be a great franchise QB. Mariota hasn’t shown that and there is a reason JR hasn’t extended him. No reason to not see it out but I don’t think we move on unless there is a better option presenting itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

but I don’t think we move on unless there is a better option presenting itself.

His contract is up, they either let him walk, franchise him or extend him. 

 

If he doesn't make a big jump they will def move on regardless of other options. Like Kuharsky said, they can get a rookie to match what he's done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BudAdams said:

That wasn't a Robinson quote if you paid attention but I'm sure he'd rather have the most important position solved than be in QB purgatory - it was the sentence written by the author.  It's in line with what AAS said in March at the Owner's Meeting.

 

The Titans absolutely want Mariota to pan out.  They always have.  That doesn't mean it has or will.  Mariota is about to be the first QB to play a down on the 5th year option and no discussion of a long term deal is happening.  He'll have to play well and stay healthy to prove he's worthy of a second deal, regardless of how much the owner, GM, or players like him.

 

 

of course i paid attention. its still an article by a respected writer in a respected publication that has nothing to do with the titans. 

 

quit trying to downplay multiple powerful statements from both the GM and the owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
1 hour ago, titanruss said:

of course i paid attention. its still an article by a respected writer in a respected publication that has nothing to do with the titans. 

 

quit trying to downplay multiple powerful statements from both the GM and the owner.

All Robinson has to do is sign MM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

All Robinson has to do is sign MM

and if mariota stays healthy all year ,he will. 

 

pretty simple. 

 

you dont sign a guy who cant prove he can finish seasons healthy. he's only proved that 1 time. he does it again... then we'll see. 

 

he could be the love child of manning and Rodgers (manning is obv the bottom ) but if he can't prove available for the playoffs... its pointless. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
6 hours ago, titanruss said:

you dont sign a guy who cant prove he can finish seasons healthy.

Eagles are about to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
8 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

I don't think it's quite the same

Wentz had so e major injuries

Mariota just seems to be fragile in many ways

Lotta tweaks

One is an elite QB prospect who has excelled when on the field, the other has been mediocre on the field. That's it, period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Which I still think is dumb. 

Eagles are one of the best run teams in the league, Wentz is one of the best young QBs in the league. It's not even a question whether or not they are going to keep him long term. There is nothing to debate. 

 

The only question is whether Wentz will wait for the market to go up and his price to go up. Eagles are trying to strike now before it cost them even more. 

 

Imagine Wentz as the Titans QB. Imagine that type of production compared to Mariota. So depressing I know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Eagles are one of the best run teams in the league, Wentz is one of the best young QBs in the league. It's not even a question whether or not they are going to keep him long term. There is nothing to debate. 

 

The only question is whether Wentz will wait for the market to go up and his price to go up. Eagles are trying to strike now before it cost them even more. 

 

Imagine Wentz as the Titans QB. Imagine that type of production compared to Mariota. So depressing I know

I’m wondering if he would have ended the season on IR or not. 

 

I mean, I’m not their GM, but I’d definitely like to know my backup situation is a good one in case he doesn’t finish the season. 

 

He is a great QB. Definitely is. But you’re no good to your organization if you’re not on the field, no matter how productive/talented you are. 

 

You do recognize his blemishes, right? And don’t retort with some bullshit about Mariota. I already know what you think. I’m talking about Wentz as a QB and his ability. 

Edited by StephenIsLegend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
4 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

You do recognize his blemishes, right? 

You're trolling me right? 

 

Don't bring up Mariota! lol

 

You think it's a mistake to sign one of the best young QBs in the league to a long term deal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...