Huston

Drool, energy drinks, a Day 3 pick based on a single play: Titans GM explains reasoning behind all six selections

1 hour ago, Huston said:

Jesus, wish the TR police was this quick on other issues. As I stated along time ago I have a years paid subscription by accident really and didn't intend to post the whole thing but it just got so good the more I read it..and Bob's your uncle. Feel free to nuke it at anytime.

Police lol. 

2 hours ago, Huston said:

Jesus, wish the TR police was this quick on other issues. As I stated along time ago I have a years paid subscription by accident really and didn't intend to post the whole thing but it just got so good the more I read it..and Bob's your uncle. Feel free to nuke it at anytime.

just party poopers...  are they this mad that GOT is getting downloaded at a higher clip than HBO is showing it?

Edited by titanruss

tgo   
51 minutes ago, patsplat said:

@tgo was /facepalm for posting full articles, or the content of the posted content?

For posting full paid articles. I had just got done saying something in another thread about the same thing then saw the thread. 

Great article though, read it in the Athletic this morning which I’m apparently wasting money on! 

Edited by tgo

8 hours ago, patsplat said:

@tgo was /facepalm for posting full articles, or the content of the posted content?

The only one that doesn’t like the content posted is Tez. And possibly Jake. 

Good shit, though. 

23 hours ago, Huston said:

Final note: Titans pass on QB crop

So, who (or what) wasn’t drafted?

A quarterback.

Robinson had floated in the winter the idea of taking a QB to develop, as the team tried (and failed) to do a year ago with sixth-rounder Luke Falk.

Robinson said this week, however, that the Titans did not entertain selecting a quarterback in any round in the 2019 draft.

“We got to our picks and stuck to who was the best player there and picked them,” he said. “That’s about it.”

Marcus Mariota is entering the fifth and final year of his rookie contract, though he could be extended one more season via a franchise tag. The team also recently traded for Miami’s Ryan Tannehill, giving up a fourth-rounder in the 2020 draft.

Logan Woodside is currently the third quarterback on the roster. Woodside spent some time on the practice squad a year ago before playing in the AAF (until it folded).

In the event that the Titans, for whatever reasons, end up moving on from Mariota after this season, Tannehill presents a bit of a safety blanket and the team would obviously then prioritize a QB in 2020. It’s expected to be a deeper class of passers than the ’19 group, with Oregon’s Justin Herbert and Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa among the prospects.

Robinson has made clear, however, that he wants Mariota to be the team’s long-term solution at the position.

As for the 2019 draft haul, being able to go best player available from, really, the Hooker pick on suggests that Tennessee has general roster health. The needs aren’t as glaring as they’ve perhaps been in the past.

“I mean, I definitely think our roster’s better than it three years ago when I got here,” Robinson said.

Called this one 

"Robinson has made clear, however, that he wants Mariota to be the team’s long-term solution at the position."

doesnt sound much like he's just waiting to dump the guy... 

19 hours ago, titanruss said:

"Robinson has made clear, however, that he wants Mariota to be the team’s long-term solution at the position."

doesnt sound much like he's just waiting to dump the guy... 

PR speak. He'll move on from Mariota if he has to.

Edited by headhunter

Huston   
11 hours ago, tgo said:

For posting full paid articles. I had just got done saying something in another thread about the same thing then saw the thread. 

Great article though, read it in the Athletic this morning which I’m apparently wasting money on! 

My bad didn't see that and dont normally post paid sources.

Huston   
11 hours ago, tgo said:

I thought that was why your were originally salty lol.