Drool, energy drinks, a Day 3 pick based on a single play: Titans GM explains reasoning behind all six selections

Huston

2 hours ago, abc2330 said:

And if Taywan Taylor had as many receptions as Adam Humphries, he would have had nearly 1,000 yards last year.  You see why this argument is stupid?

You’re assuming that Taylor would have had the same amount of involvement in the offense that Humphries did. 

Your infatuation with Tannehill/Taylor is just so strange to me. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drool, energy drinks, a Day 3 pick based on a single play: Titans GM explains reasoning behind all six selections The Athletic By Travis Haney 3h ago   Sifting through film clips o

Round 2 (No. 51 overall): WR A.J. Brown, Ole Miss   While watching Brown’s film, Robinson describes a complete receiver. At various points, he praises his route-running, his physicality (as

Posted Images

2 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

You’re assuming that Taylor would have had the same amount of involvement in the offense that Humphries did. 

Your infatuation with Tannehill/Taylor is just so strange to me. 

You missed the point.  There is a reason why Taylor has not received that # of targets.  Just like there is a reason why Mariota hasn't had the number of attempts which would put him over 4,000 yards.  

Tyrod Taylor averaged nearly 8 yards per attempt in an NFL season before.  Why don't we extrapolate his stats while we're at it, and talk about how he would set NFL records if he were the QB of Pittsburgh?  He would have had 5,400 yards, 36 TDs and 11 INTs if you took his best season averages and projected using Big Ben's # of attempts.  Which is why that exercise is dumb as fuck.

Edited by abc2330

11 hours ago, BudAdams said:

In fairness to Tannehill, he had the knee (sprained ACL/MCL) at the end of 2016 (missed 3 games) and then tore it at the beginning of training camp in 2017.  At the very least it was related to the initial injury that did not require surgery.  He had a shoulder capsule injury from a direct shot from Carlos Dunlap in week 5 last year and missed 5 games.

Contrast that with the litany of injuries Marcus has had.  Less missed games but it always seems to be something and Mariota is no McNair - i.e. plays well when injured and limited practice time.

I can only hope we move on from Mariota after reading this post. 

16 hours ago, abc2330 said:

You missed the point.  There is a reason why Taylor has not received that # of targets.  Just like there is a reason why Mariota hasn't had the number of attempts which would put him over 4,000 yards.  

Tyrod Taylor averaged nearly 8 yards per attempt in an NFL season before.  Why don't we extrapolate his stats while we're at it, and talk about how he would set NFL records if he were the QB of Pittsburgh?  He would have had 5,400 yards, 36 TDs and 11 INTs if you took his best season averages and projected using Big Ben's # of attempts.  Which is why that exercise is dumb as fuck.

I’m more or less just giving you shit for how behind Tannehill and Taylor you are. 

7 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I’m more or less just giving you shit for how behind Tannehill and Taylor you are. 

I just went through this same process with Davante Adams in GB, and realized that patience is required with a lot of these young WRs.  If they show flashes and improvement, as Taylor did in year 2, they warrant that IMO.

As far as Tannehill is concerned, he improves the passing offense.  Directly or indirectly.  He has accounted for over 1 and a half TDs per game since his second year, and I think that's the minimum that we are going to accept from the position.  Getting 25+ TDs from our QB would improve the offense  substantially.  There is no reason to not like the acquisition.

Edited by abc2330

7 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I just went through this same process with Davante Adams in GB, and realized that patience is required with a lot of these young WRs.  If they show flashes and improvement, as Taylor did in year 2, they warrant that IMO.

As far as Tannehill is concerned, he improves the passing offense.  Directly or indirectly.  He has accounted for over 1 and a half TDs per game since his second year, and I think that's the minimum that we are going to accept from the position.  Getting 25+ TDs from our QB would improve the offense  substantially.  There is no reason to not like the acquisition.

I didn’t say I didn’t like the acquisition. I actually was really stoked that we got Tannehill because we now have one of the best backups in the league. My issue is you’re so impatient (which is what’s funny, considering you keep telling everyone else to be patient) with the QB position that you already want to crown Tannehill as the franchise QB. 

Weve already discussed Taylor quite a bit, so I won’t go into that. 

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I didn’t say I didn’t like the acquisition. I actually was really stoked that we got Tannehill because we now have one of the best backups in the league. My issue is you’re so impatient (which is what’s funny, considering you keep telling everyone else to be patient) with the QB position that you already want to crown Tannehill as the franchise QB. 

Weve already discussed Taylor quite a bit, so I won’t go into that. 

I really view Taylor and Mariota in the same light.  I don't think 500 yards in 13 games is less reasonable for a WR2 on a run-heavy offense than 2,500 yards and 11 TDs is for the starting QB.  They both show flashes of what we saw when we drafted them, and look like they could be very impactful players,  but are very inconsistent.  The difference is that one is in year 2 and made a pretty big jump, while Mariota looks like an inferior version of the player that he was early in his career.  Hence, why I'm more patient with one than the other.  They both seem like good guys, I hope both succeed.  But I've also developed some sympathy for Tannehill and would like to see him in a better situation.  He took a beating for his dumpster fire organization, and I think that he could change people's perception of him if he had an O line and defense like ours.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Taylor isn't a polished player yet and occasionally has his drops.  But certainly if he was in a pass happy offense with a good QB he could put up some decent stats.  It is his time to break out but unfortunately for him we drafted his replacement and signed a starter in the slot.  He may get some decent playing time while AJ becomes acclimated. 

I think that we are just getting guys who can be productive with mediocre QB play now.  We have to get more out of our passing offense, so the best way to assure that is to get guys who specialize in catching two yard passes and running around or through a defense.  If Taylor becomes more consistent, he'll get plenty of PT.  But we weren't banking on that happening, as we shouldn't have.  Just like we shouldn't have assumed that Mary was finally going to put it together and stay healthy.

4 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Taylor might have a better chance of a long productive NFL career than Mary. 

if this is Mariota's last year here he should just go be a back-up.  That and punter...best jobs in the world.