Drool, energy drinks, a Day 3 pick based on a single play: Titans GM explains reasoning behind all six selections

Huston

3 hours ago, titanruss said:

"Robinson has made clear, however, that he wants Mariota to be the team’s long-term solution at the position."

doesnt sound much like he's just waiting to dump the guy... 

Im sure he would love to have mariota stay healthy and be a great franchise QB. Mariota hasn’t shown that and there is a reason JR hasn’t extended him. No reason to not see it out but I don’t think we move on unless there is a better option presenting itself.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drool, energy drinks, a Day 3 pick based on a single play: Titans GM explains reasoning behind all six selections The Athletic By Travis Haney 3h ago   Sifting through film clips o

Round 2 (No. 51 overall): WR A.J. Brown, Ole Miss   While watching Brown’s film, Robinson describes a complete receiver. At various points, he praises his route-running, his physicality (as

Posted Images

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

but I don’t think we move on unless there is a better option presenting itself.

His contract is up, they either let him walk, franchise him or extend him. 

If he doesn't make a big jump they will def move on regardless of other options. Like Kuharsky said, they can get a rookie to match what he's done

6 hours ago, BudAdams said:

That wasn't a Robinson quote if you paid attention but I'm sure he'd rather have the most important position solved than be in QB purgatory - it was the sentence written by the author.  It's in line with what AAS said in March at the Owner's Meeting.

The Titans absolutely want Mariota to pan out.  They always have.  That doesn't mean it has or will.  Mariota is about to be the first QB to play a down on the 5th year option and no discussion of a long term deal is happening.  He'll have to play well and stay healthy to prove he's worthy of a second deal, regardless of how much the owner, GM, or players like him.

of course i paid attention. its still an article by a respected writer in a respected publication that has nothing to do with the titans. 

quit trying to downplay multiple powerful statements from both the GM and the owner.

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

of course i paid attention. its still an article by a respected writer in a respected publication that has nothing to do with the titans. 

quit trying to downplay multiple powerful statements from both the GM and the owner.

All Robinson has to do is sign MM

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

All Robinson has to do is sign MM

and if mariota stays healthy all year ,he will. 

pretty simple. 

you dont sign a guy who cant prove he can finish seasons healthy. he's only proved that 1 time. he does it again... then we'll see. 

he could be the love child of manning and Rodgers (manning is obv the bottom ) but if he can't prove available for the playoffs... its pointless. 

8 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

I don't think it's quite the same

Wentz had so e major injuries

Mariota just seems to be fragile in many ways

Lotta tweaks

One is an elite QB prospect who has excelled when on the field, the other has been mediocre on the field. That's it, period. 

1 minute ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Which I still think is dumb. 

Eagles are one of the best run teams in the league, Wentz is one of the best young QBs in the league. It's not even a question whether or not they are going to keep him long term. There is nothing to debate. 

The only question is whether Wentz will wait for the market to go up and his price to go up. Eagles are trying to strike now before it cost them even more. 

Imagine Wentz as the Titans QB. Imagine that type of production compared to Mariota. So depressing I know

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Eagles are one of the best run teams in the league, Wentz is one of the best young QBs in the league. It's not even a question whether or not they are going to keep him long term. There is nothing to debate. 

The only question is whether Wentz will wait for the market to go up and his price to go up. Eagles are trying to strike now before it cost them even more. 

Imagine Wentz as the Titans QB. Imagine that type of production compared to Mariota. So depressing I know

I’m wondering if he would have ended the season on IR or not. 

I mean, I’m not their GM, but I’d definitely like to know my backup situation is a good one in case he doesn’t finish the season. 

He is a great QB. Definitely is. But you’re no good to your organization if you’re not on the field, no matter how productive/talented you are. 

You do recognize his blemishes, right? And don’t retort with some bullshit about Mariota. I already know what you think. I’m talking about Wentz as a QB and his ability. 

Edited by StephenIsLegend

4 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

You do recognize his blemishes, right? 

You're trolling me right? 

Don't bring up Mariota! lol

You think it's a mistake to sign one of the best young QBs in the league to a long term deal? 

10 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Wentz threw for 30 more TDs in the past two seasons than Mariota ? 30!!

The Wentz comparisons really crack me up. 

I'm really an asshole for mentioning it so much

image.png.e52c9bd28413565c5b2ad3c0f14a2590.png

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The Wentz comparisons really crack me up. 

I'm really an asshole for mentioning it so much

image.png.e52c9bd28413565c5b2ad3c0f14a2590.png

Mariota couldnt even crack 30 TDs in two seasons. Wentz is head and shoulders above Mariota its not even funny.