GLinks

Fight Club...? Share your thoughts, post cool clips!

13 hours ago, Justafan said:

It went like 100 pages.  People were adamant.  Hell, knowing this place, they still are.  

Not only that, but also belligerent about it. 

1 minute ago, GLinks said:

Uh...rock vs pointy stick? 

Basically, people valued the reach of a bat more than the lethality of a knife.  I made the argument that a knife can be far more lethal in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.  The counter-argument was ok but we're talking about someone who is either trained or knows just as much as you do.  In that case, it's pretty hard to argue the hypothetical infinitely down the rabbit hole but many posters tried.  It's been a while so maybe that's not a worthy characterization of the thread but I'm sure some of the bat guys have strong opinions.  Honestly, by the end, they kind of won me over.  I think if I had no idea what I was doing, I would probably gravitate to bat over a knife but the arguments were epic.  Guys were arguing about the length of the knife, the momentum of the bat, and accessories and it just kept going.  Actually, one of the better threads.  

Donnie Yen. More MMA mixed in to these two. Same movie. 

But that scene is just a taste of this one. Good “fighting from guard” example in here.

11 minutes ago, GLinks said:

Donnie Yen. More MMA mixed in to these two. Same movie. 

But that scene is just a taste of this one. Good “fighting from guard” example in here.

The second fight was really good.  I love it when they throw stuff like the rear naked choke and triangle choke into this stuff.  Even a spider guard.  Gives better realism to the fight scenes.  You can tell Yen has a pretty developed background in JJ.  Still, you sink in some of those holds he had and it's over.  You ain't getting out but whatever.  Once he had that leg and started cranking...  No way bro.  Still, a cool fight scene.  

2 minutes ago, Denali said:

WTF?

I thought this thread was going to be about the incredibly awesome movie "Fight Club".

Yea, anything is disappointing when you're expecting fight club.

17 minutes ago, Denali said:

WTF?

I thought this thread was going to be about the incredibly awesome movie "Fight Club".

Post a clip or talk about it.

That was an incredibly awesome movie. Anything playing The Pixies “Where Is My Mind?” I’m already predisposed to liking.

23 minutes ago, Justafan said:

The second fight was really good.  I love it when they throw stuff like the rear naked choke and triangle choke into this stuff.  Even a spider guard.  Gives better realism to the fight scenes.  You can tell Yen has a pretty developed background in JJ.  Still, you sink in some of those holds he had and it's over.  You ain't getting out but whatever.  Once he had that leg and started cranking...  No way bro.  Still, a cool fight scene.  

Yeah, I like the smooth transitions. I always find if I can turn someone or quickly get behind them, it’s a free rear naked choke hold buffet. 

Lol, agree on the You Ain’t Getting Out, but it lets them add on. I still love Donnie Yen’s No Shadow Kick version despite its blatant showiness. I don’t think one of his movies goes by without that signature move. 

But I do love how progressive he’s been for Asia cinema putting more and more MMA into his movies. It plays more dynamically than most MMA centered movies I’ve seen.

I loved this movie as a kid. My cousin and I probably watched it a dozen times when it came out. Nowhere near as fast or realistic as the clips posted above, but it brings back memories. It’s cheesy and the acting is pretty bad, but I was 12 and thought it was really cool. LOL.

Edited by TitansFan23

3 hours ago, TitansFan23 said:

I loved this movie as a kid. My cousin and I probably watched it a dozen times when it came out. Nowhere near as fast or realistic as the clips posted above, but it brings back memories. It’s cheesy and the acting is pretty bad, but I was 12 and thought it was really cool. LOL.

One of my favorite movies when I was younger.  I tried to watch it as an adult and it was wholly unfulfilling lol.  

On 5/9/2019 at 6:44 AM, Justafan said:

Depends on the guy holding the bat and the guy holding the knife.

Didn't we already pretty much settle this debate?  Untrained with a bat beats untrained with a knife.  I thought that was pretty much the group consensus by the end.  

My argument for the knife is predicated on the guy knowing how to use it. If both guys are untrained then I have to the think the bat wins most of the time. Although it only takes one jab with a knife to win...

11 hours ago, Denali said:

WTF?

Well sadly that’s not possible. You know the first rule of Fight Club...

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

There has been enough demonstrations from experts to put the debate to rest on Bat vs Knife

Knife wins

Assuming the guy with the knife has some knowledge of how to "stick them with the pointy end".