Sign in to follow this  
Denali

Kim Kardashian Is Studying to Become a Lawyer

Denali   

http://time.com/5568130/kim-kardashian-lawyer/

Kardashian announced in Vogue‘s May issue that she has been pursuing a four-year law apprenticeship since last summer and plans to take the bar exam in 2022.

Kardashian tells the magazine that she has become increasingly involved with criminal justice reform advocates since last year, when she joined CNN commentator and activist Van Jones and several lawyers to meet with President Donald Trump at the White House to ask that he commute the sentence of Alice Marie Johnson, a 63-year-old woman who had been imprisoned in Alabama on a nonviolent drug charge since 1996. Trump commuted Johnson’s sentence last summer.

Kardashian says she has been working with Jones and attorney Jessica Jackson, the cofounders of bipartisan criminal-justice reform group #cut50.

Although Kardashian never received a bachelor’s degree, California is among four U.S. states which offer an alternative way to pass the bar: apprenticing with a lawyer or judge, known as “reading the bar.” This summer, Kardashian is scheduled to take the “baby bar,” a state test which would enable her to continue studying for three years.

Denali   

And before you laugh this off, remember that her father was the famous lawyer Robert Kardashian.

Edited by Denali

I think it's pretty cool, personally. For someone who has lived a life of vapid celebrity and pleasure, she is not only following in her dad's footsteps, but also taking the time to truly try to learn the ins and outs of an issue that is personally important to her. Good for her.

And I have never "kept up" with the Kardashians. 

20 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I think it's pretty cool, personally. For someone who has lived a life of vapid celebrity and pleasure, she is not only following in her dad's footsteps, but also taking the time to truly try to learn the ins and outs of an issue that is personally important to her. Good for her.

And I have never "kept up" with the Kardashians. 

I guarantee you, she just sees the potential for another reality show...

47 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

She won’t do shit 

Well she already got Trump to pardon a chick in prison for bullshit, so she has already done some shit.

It's no pulling a drowning man out of a raging flood shit, but still

38 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I guarantee you, she just sees the potential for another reality show...

Eh - doing the right thing for the wrong reason is still the right thing.

She is obviously a complete celebrity sell out whore, but count me as someone who thinks there is some substance there, too.

OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, Legaltitan said:

Well she already got Trump to pardon a chick in prison for bullshit, so she has already done some shit.

Trump was doing that before she came along

Trump is never doing anything until it's actually done. The guy changes his mind quicker than a 13 y/o girl. Having Kardashian go there helped it gain momentum and give him good ratings and not change his mind. All it would have taken is a whisper from Jeff Sessions or someone like that and Trump would have never done it.

6 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Trump is never doing anything until it's actually done. The guy changes his mind quicker than a 13 y/o girl. Having Kardashian go there helped it gain momentum and give him good ratings and not change his mind. All it would have taken is a whisper from Jeff Sessions or someone like that and Trump would have never done it.

Trump did it because he is an attention whore. I don’t believe for a second he cared about getting that woman released, just about the attention it would bring him because another big reality TV star was involved.