Barnwell: Every NFL team's most likely candidate for post-draft trade or cut

Titans279

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Kyle Rudolph is the most likely player the Titans would trade for if anyone. Or sign if they were cut.    ESPN reported that the Vikings fielded multiple trade calls for him and are

On 5/1/2019 at 10:12 AM, tgo said:

I think Kyle Rudolph is the most likely player the Titans would trade for if anyone. Or sign if they were cut. 

ESPN reported that the Vikings fielded multiple trade calls for him and are open to trading him still or even releasing him given how tight their cap situation is. 

He'd be a great addition to the team with Walker and Smith still recovering and would really be a help even after they're healthy. 

Downing would know him really well and he could be had on the cheap. He'd come in and be the best 2nd tight end in the NFL imo

The issue is that he's not a great blocker, although is a capable blocker and has improved in recent years. But he's 6'6, 265. 

I'd also be open to trading for Duke Johnson though. 

Duke Johnson is exactly whom we HAVE to trade for. 

He is perfect compliment to Henry and Lewis. 

Henry will be the bell cow and Lewis will spell him often in games especially passing situations. Johnson and Lewis could rotate spelling him and even a shotgun set with two RB in Lewis and Johnson in the backfield and Davis, Brown, Humphries at WR would be phenomenal. 

Lewis can field PR duties and if Lewis gets hurt then Johnson is his replacement without missing a beat. 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:12 AM, tgo said:

I think Kyle Rudolph is the most likely player the Titans would trade for if anyone. Or sign if they were cut. 

ESPN reported that the Vikings fielded multiple trade calls for him and are open to trading him still or even releasing him given how tight their cap situation is. 

He'd be a great addition to the team with Walker and Smith still recovering and would really be a help even after they're healthy. 

Downing would know him really well and he could be had on the cheap. He'd come in and be the best 2nd tight end in the NFL imo

The issue is that he's not a great blocker, although is a capable blocker and has improved in recent years. But he's 6'6, 265. 

I'd also be open to trading for Duke Johnson though. 

I'd wondered about him too when the draft guys on ESPN mentioned they were probably moving on from him.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:13 PM, abc2330 said:

Shouldn't we keep Sharpe, and take the compensatory pick?  Even if it's a 7th, it is more than any UDFA will do for us

Depends on who we'd have to cut to do it.