AussieTitanFan08

Update: Titans Not Picking Up Conklin's 5th year option

While it’s good to admit mistakes, and Robinson has found some good players like Byard and brown, he has also missed on quite a few. Johnson, Dodd, Conklin possibly which looks bad because he traded up for him. Some of his free agent signing have fizzled out as such as Mathews and Kline. I guess we’ll see what happens. Hopefully Davis and Adoree will continue to improve and price as great picks. 

Need to get Kelly signed up beyond this season now as insurance, don't want a situation where we are heading into the offseason with absolutely no one that can play RT under contract, that is how you end up getting desperate in FA.

Will throw out an early name to keep an eye on during the upcoming CFB season ahead of the 2020 Draft, Iowa RT Tristan Wirfs, the kid is an absolute beast.

Glad to see the board coming around 😝

But I do hope he improves and earns that second contract. Not too many teams have two good starting OTs.

Supdawg   
10 minutes ago, tgo said:

Well - Blake's definitely right about this. 

Although nowadays, right tackles aren't as different from left tackles as they used to be in terms of importance. But still a difference. 

This is correct. Not sure Conk would see 13M on the open market as a RT who has struggled recently. Doesn't make business sense to pay him above his free market rate. 

japan   
11 minutes ago, XanderMXIX said:

While it’s good to admit mistakes, and Robinson has found some good players like Byard and brown, he has also missed on quite a few. Johnson, Dodd, Conklin possibly which looks bad because he traded up for him. Some of his free agent signing have fizzled out as such as Mathews and Kline. I guess we’ll see what happens. Hopefully Davis and Adoree will continue to improve and price as great picks. 

We did get a lot of good play from Matthews.  He just went off the deep end.

tgo   
Just now, headhunter said:

Cant blame Robinson for Conklins ACL

If they thought that was the main issue they would've picked up the option I think. 

japan   
Just now, headhunter said:

Cant blame Robinson for Conklins ACL

Yeah, it's not like Conklin was some bum.  All-pro rookie season, elite play in the back-half of the 2017 season and a season where he was hobbled and rushed back too soon.  But because he plays RT and we already paid a fortune to our LT and LG, they can't pay him.

japan   
1 minute ago, tgo said:

If they thought that was the main issue they would've picked up the option I think. 

You think they pay giant money to 3 OLs?