Update: Titans Not Picking Up Conklin's 5th year option

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd rather have 2020 picks honestly. Odds are high we'll need to move up for a QB.

Typical overreaction.   JRob decides not to exercise Conklin's fifth-year option and pay him a top-three salary.....so everyone immediately assumes JRob is done with him.  You either throw money at th

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Random internet donk doesnt like it when people use random internet donk as sources unless he's the source.

Dont know what a donk is but I know what an asshole is.

Edited by Huston

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I could see Conklin playing much better a year removed from the injury

He was never great which is the point. I dont buy the zone scheme being his issue either.

17 minutes ago, oldschool said:

He was never great which is the point. I dont buy the zone scheme being his issue either.

I won't pretend to know how much the scheme helped him early on. But he was pitiful last season to the point of hurting the offensive production. He's got to be at least functional for the OL to play up to their potential 

54 minutes ago, Huston said:

Either way it was a dumb post.

you posted a twitter article from some random internet dude who is based out of Nashville. He looked at PFF stats for RT's and compared Conklin to 2 others. He then claimed 2016 wasn't about all the help he received without showing data from that year. Then he goes on to make a statement about those who disagree by claiming they have bad sources based on nepotism. Talk about drivel from top to the bottom.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Think about how much the rest of the OL struggled with the new coaches and new scheme, even with a full offseason, mini-camps, a month of training camp reps, and four preseason games to familiarize themselves.

Now imagine a guy doing the same thing.... but with zero offseason reps, zero training camp, zero preseason games,  and coming off a torn ACL.  That was Conklin.

Conklin may not be a world-beater....but he was a very solid, dependable player in his first two years.  With his situation being back to normal this year, I suspect he'll be back to his former self.

14 minutes ago, nine said:

Think about how much the rest of the OL struggled with the new coaches and new scheme, even with a full offseason, mini-camps, a month of training camp reps, and four preseason games to familiarize themselves.

Now imagine a guy doing the same thing.... but with zero offseason reps, zero training camp, zero preseason games,  and coming off a torn ACL.  That was Conklin.

Conklin may not be a world-beater....but he was a very solid, dependable player in his first two years.  With his situation being back to normal this year, I suspect he'll be back to his former self.

I think you missed my point. Tgo and others think Conklin cant play in a zone scheme. I disagree and think his play last year was mainly due to the injury and missing the offseason. That being said he wasnt all pro caliber as a rookie and hasnt been close to that level before the injury. Hes a good not great RT.

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

you posted a twitter article from some random internet dude who is based out of Nashville. He looked at PFF stats for RT's and compared Conklin to 2 others. He then claimed 2016 wasn't about all the help he received without showing data from that year. Then he goes on to make a statement about those who disagree by claiming they have bad sources based on nepotism. Talk about drivel from top to the bottom.

He used PFF advanced stats which alot of articles are based from but because you dont agree with it you came out with your pee shooters blazing. I'll just chalking it up as a get off my lawn moment and let it go.

Edited by Huston

1 minute ago, Huston said:

He used PFF advanced stats which alot of articles are based from but because you dont agree with it you came out with your pee shooters blazing. I'll just chalking up as a get off my lawn moment and let it go.

He didnt use data from 2016 only 2019 which was my entire point. You are such an unabashed homer you repost any positive article regarding the Titans even if its total shit.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I won't pretend to know how much the scheme helped him early on. But he was pitiful last season to the point of hurting the offensive production. He's got to be at least functional for the OL to play up to their potential 

Putting the uncertainty surrounding Mariota aside, the right side of the OL is the biggest unknown heading into the 2019 season, going to be interesting to see who lines up where when OTA's begin next week.

13 minutes ago, oldschool said:

He didnt use data from 2016 only 2019 which was my entire point. You are such an unabashed homer you repost any positive article regarding the Titans even if its total shit.

Wow your a fucking idiot the data was from 2016 not 2019 and wasnt even a Conklin fluff piece just like I'm not a homer lol. I just dont see the need to find negative shit to post in here because alot of you have that in spades already. Take your negative bullshit some place else.

Edited by Huston