Update: Titans Not Picking Up Conklin's 5th year option

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

Henry is fine as a receiver. He’s not as fluid as Lewis but he can catch alright. 

If hes smart. Most of this offseason will be dedicated to foot speed, routes, and pass pro. 

I wouldn't say he's find as a receiver.  He is pretty good at catching the ball, which someone like CJ was horrible at, but on screens he takes forever to change directions once he has the ball.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd rather have 2020 picks honestly. Odds are high we'll need to move up for a QB.

Typical overreaction.   JRob decides not to exercise Conklin's fifth-year option and pay him a top-three salary.....so everyone immediately assumes JRob is done with him.  You either throw money at th

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, japan said:

I wouldn't say he's find as a receiver.  He is pretty good at catching the ball, which someone like CJ was horrible at, but on screens he takes forever to change directions once he has the ball.

Yes, I dunno why this escapes people.

2 hours ago, japan said:

It’s more about him turning around after catching. If he catches on the move he’s fine. Just don’t have him stopped and facing the QB. 

Cj was above average in catch % for a RB and averaged like 35-40 catches a year when he was the main back. He also had a few spectacular catches when lined up as WR. The narrative there doesn’t fit reality..because people remember the drops and they often occurred at inopportune times, which for a self described “playmaker” means he opens the door to criticism. But that’s another argument altogether. 

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

But he sucks as a blocker...

Forget the rest. Get better as a blocker.

Pff rated him higher beginning the second half of 2017. 

Not it sure how he ranked compared to Lewis last year but I think there was talk that his blocking was better. Lewis got straight run over a few times. 

If anyone has the RB pass block ratings it would be nice to see 

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

You exercise the option if you don't sign him to an extension and there is no question about it.

If he flops you can still cut him unless he is injured.

Yeah and then you lose the compensatory pick. You're better off not exercising the option if cutting him is an even remotely likely consideration.