Update: Titans Not Picking Up Conklin's 5th year option

The franchise tag would be  10-12 million for Henry which is pretty reasonable and cheaper than giving a big contract.

I don’t think you should resign RB’s for more than 5 or 6 million a year, though. They’re too easily replaced and wear down in their second contracts 99% of the time.

Edited by Thrill

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd rather have 2020 picks honestly. Odds are high we'll need to move up for a QB.

Typical overreaction.   JRob decides not to exercise Conklin's fifth-year option and pay him a top-three salary.....so everyone immediately assumes JRob is done with him.  You either throw money at th

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Thrill said:

The franchise tag would be  10-12 million for Henry which is pretty reasonable and cheaper than giving a big contract.

I don’t think you should resign RB’s for more than 5 or 6 million a year, though. They’re too easily replaced and wear down in their second contracts 99% of the time.

True, but Henry is a guy who can really take a beating and due to his excellent physical condition and limited wear for his first 3 years in the league, he may be an exception to this. Henry never wears down and is in amazing shape. 

So you may just tag him for the year and then extend him after if you're going to, in order to see him produce consistently for another year. 

5 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

You have to exercise it even if you don’t think you’re actually gonna pay him it. 

Not necessarily - not if they are planning to move on from him and want the compensatory pick. 

57 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Henry is probably gonna be a Gore

42 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Henry is probably gonna be a Gore

Potentially. He's never been injured but all it's gonna take is one injury. If Henry loses his speed I don't know if he's that good anymore. Gore was a monster before his injuries and then was scrappy enough to get 1k every year afterwards. 

9 hours ago, Justafan said:

I want to see a full year of consistently good production from Henry before I consider extending him for big money.  4 games are one thing and 16 is another.  He got to 1k yards, barely, last season with some of the most dominant games we've ever seen towards the end of the season.  He was terrible early.  He's got to put together a ~1500 yard season and prove that he can be a bell cow guy who is also dependable to pass block and can catch the occasional ball out of the backfield.  If he can't do that, I think you take the comp pick and move on.  I like Henry but he's too one dimensional and inconsistent as of this moment.  

Henry might be a good candidate for the transition tag

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Henry might be a good candidate for the transition tag

Absolutely.  I would actually be kinda surprised if they extend him unless he just blows up this year.  I know they like him but they have to recognize his flaws.  Transition tag seems like a solid strategy with a guy like that. 

Edited by Justafan

Just now, Justafan said:

Absolutely.  I would actually be kinda surprised if they extend him unless he just blows up this year.  I know they like him but they have to recognize his flaws.  

He won't get a lot of money since he's not a 3 down RB regardless of his rushing stats 

3 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Henry is fine as a receiver. He’s not as fluid as Lewis but he can catch alright. 

But he sucks as a blocker...

3 minutes ago, titanruss said:

If hes smart. Most of this offseason will be dedicated to foot speed, routes, and pass pro

Forget the rest. Get better as a blocker.