Daren Bates Facing Marijuana Possession Charge

tgo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like how you say racist and then use a derogatory term for homosexuals in the same breath. 

TN, with their racist cops and anti-weed politicians

I think the big story here is that Terry McCormick scooped everyone with this news. 

13 hours ago, abc2330 said:

TN, with their racist cops and anti-weed faggot politicians

While I believe that marijuana should be legalized, I don't think it's okay to ride around getting high. I also don't think it's ok for Pro Athletes, especially those on the cusp of the cut line or any other role model, to be riding around getting high.

The good news is that both the officer and the player treated each other fairly. 

32 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

While I believe that marijuana should be legalized, I don't think it's okay to ride around getting high. I also don't think it's ok for Pro Athletes, especially those on the cusp of the cut line or any other role model, to be riding around getting high.

The good news is that both the officer and the player treated each other fairly. 

Agreed.  But my point about Tennessee politicians stands.

The problem with drug testing is that weed can be detected in your blood/hair a month after you've smoked. So if you smoke at home on the weekend or at night and get tested, you test positive. How is that fair? The testing procedure should be the same with weed as it is with alcohol. What you do in the privacy of your own home on your own time should NOT factor in to being fired or otherwise punished because you tested positive. 

Pulling up to a cop and asking directions after you smoked a joint in your car is on page 1 of  Pot Use for Dummies. Because we live in the geographical center of the country, in the bible belt AND in the south, we are retardedly behind the east and west coast on medical and recreational marijuana, LGBT rights, women's rights, racial equality and several other key issues that the rest of the world has addressed. The only way to change it is be active politically and contact your state and local government. 

Edited by freakingeek

14 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

The problem with drug testing is that weed can be detected in your blood/hair a month after you've smoked. So if you smoke at home on the weekend or at night and get tested, you test positive. How is that fair? The testing procedure should be the same with weed as it is with alcohol. What you do in the privacy of your own home on your own time should NOT factor in to being fired or otherwise punished because you tested positive. 

Pulling up to a cop and asking directions after you smoked a joint in your car is on page 1 of  Pot Use for Dummies. Because we live in the geographical center of the country, in the bible belt AND in the south, we are retardedly behind the east and west coast on medical and recreational marijuana, LGBT rights, women's rights, racial equality and several other key issues that the rest of the world has addressed. The only way to change it is be active politically and contact your state and local government. 

Yeah smoking weed in your car isn't legal in California or Massachusetts either. It never will or should be either. We don't want people operating vehicles while high or drunk in society. 

He'd have been arrested regardless of whether recreational marijuana was legal or not either in TN or nationally, due operating a motor vehicle under substance influence. 

4 hours ago, tgo said:

Yeah smoking weed in your car isn't legal in California or Massachusetts either. It never will or should be either. We don't want people operating vehicles while high or drunk in society. 

He'd have been arrested regardless of whether recreational marijuana was legal or not either in TN or nationally, due operating a motor vehicle under substance influence. 

I wasn't supporting his actions. It's not wise for anyone to smoke or drink while driving.

I’m guessing Bates was probably already on the bubble due to his $2.6M salary.  If so, this dumb move just made JRob’s decision a lot easier.

Claim Riley Bullough ($600K)....release Bates ($2.5M)

Net cap gain of $1.9M 

It's interesting that out of all the free agents who have departed or guys who have been cut, the only one still on the team website is Brynden Trawick. 

Bennie Logan, Derrick Morgan, Kendrick Lewis, etc. have all been removed, yet Trawick remains. 

An oversight maybe, but maybe they intend to re-sign him. 

On 4/30/2019 at 12:45 PM, freakingeek said:

Weed (THC) is very unlikely to show in a drug test a month out if you’ve smoked a couple of times in the days prior.  It will show up if you’ve been a fairly regular user.  Also, I can’t imagine any organization that relies so much on brute force to be okay with the use of a drug that has been shown to lower testosterone.  

6 hours ago, DocMac said:

Weed (THC) is very unlikely to show in a drug test a month out if you’ve smoked a couple of times in the days prior.  It will show up if you’ve been a fairly regular user.  Also, I can’t imagine any organization that relies so much on brute force to be okay with the use of a drug that has been shown to lower testosterone.  

I do know is stays in the hair follicles for months. I don't know much about the testing methods the NFL uses. I never really thought about the testosterone angle but you may be right, although it certainly hasn't hurt NBA players in that manner and pot use is pretty widespread there.