2019 NFL Draft: Titans Select ILB David Long Round 6, Pick #188

Jonboy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/david-long?id=32194c4f-4e20-9927-7a66-9bb9ab3a3708  

Undersized but crazy as hell. My comp...    

I remember being excited about Terna Nande in the 5th round....1 career tackle. I'm confident this guy will be a little more productive than that.

Posted Images

Can he play ILB in our scheme? I guess if Casey and Simmons can keep OL off him, he can make plays. He's fast. Overpursues and apparently plays like he's in the backyard rather than part of a scheme. This guy will need serious coaching, and while he could stick due to STs, I would not be at all surprised if he isn't on the team after this year. Boom or bust pick, but whatever. It's late in the draft. This is what you do.

Edited by Alcibiades

Love to see that our defense has gone away from the days of playing "safe" with Schwartz and into the attack the offense type of mindset with Pees. 

After watching highlights, kid looks a little like Jayon when attacking the backfield.  He looks violent and undisciplined while being undersized.  I like it because, i think, he fits a role on our defense and will attack the backfield/passer like Evans was doing more of as the year went along.

Looks like an aggressive down hill blitzing ILB. Not seeing a ton of good lateral movement. He just bowls over and through ppl but if they use him mostly as a blitzer, it might not matter. 

2 LBs that fit what Pees does, blitz and disrupt. 

Just now, Starkiller said:

Undersized LBs don’t necessarily make it in the NFL, but you can’t discount Long's production in a big conference. 

Honestly after watching him I'm not expecting much more than a situational blitzer and STs guy.