2019 NFL Draft: Titans Select S Amani Hooker Round 4, Pick #116

Jonboy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, titanruss said:

go watch his interceptions again. 

Nothing overly impressive from an athletic standpoint. Really good positioning and reads the play well. Has a good feel for zones and depth but seems slow with tight hips in extension.

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Better than Adoree. He has been such a bust as a return man.

Not hard to do. Hooker seems like he'd be a very solid but not special returner. Would like someone more dynamic eventually but whatever it takes to get Adoree off the return team...

The big advantage of Hooker is that the team can take Vaccaro off the field in sub packages and put a better coverage player on the field Hooker is also a film junkie and should be able to contribute early.

Interesting take from Derrick Mason this morning on 102.5.  He believes they signed Amani Hooker to replace Kevin Byard.  He said Byard is set to become the highest paid safety in the league and the Titans won't be able to afford it.  I hope he's wrong.  

8 minutes ago, SoggyDawg said:

Interesting take from Derrick Mason this morning on 102.5.  He believes they signed Amani Hooker to replace Kevin Byard.  He said Byard is set to become the highest paid safety in the league and the Titans won't be able to afford it.  I hope he's wrong.  

That's what I've wondered about too.

Some teams just don't pay big for safeties.

It's weird but it's real.

It will boil down to how much Byard and his agent demand.

9 minutes ago, SoggyDawg said:

It crossed my mind

8 minutes ago, SoggyDawg said:

Maybe as leverage or an insurance policy.  I expect Byard to get a new deal this summer.

11 minutes ago, SoggyDawg said:

It's plausible, but you honestly can't expect a 4th rounder to replace him.  If he does, J Rob is a revelation