2019 NFL Draft: Titans Select WR AJ Brown Round 2, Pick #51

kyle021

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

J-Rob's statement of 'patience, patience" after the Brown pick seems to indicate that they had a much higher grade on Brown than when they took him and were really just sweating it out hoping he made it to them in the second. It also tells you how much we thought of Jeffery Simmons to pass on a guy we had graded so highly in Brown. I think J-Rob legitimately drafted a guy he thought was a top 3 player in the draft and his #1 rated receiver. He must be over the moon. 

In a couple of radio interviews since the draft JRob mentioned he had to keep telling himself to be patient and fight the urge to trade up and get Brown.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I was going to say the same thing.  Mariota's strength is and always has been his ability to operate a quick rhythm passing game.  And to do that you need guys who can get open quickly and run th

The thing you gotta respect about Sharpe is   There were times he was the only dependable option at WR, everyone knew it, and he caught the ball and moved the chains in between 2 or 3 guys.

Mariota is partying with virgin pina coladas right now.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

No team has ever drafted a 2nd rounder that they didn't have a 1st round grade on 

This sounds cute but it's no true at all. I highly doubt J-Rob had a first round grade on Austin Johnson or Derrick Henry. If the Bengals had a first round grade on Andy Dalton, no way they allow him to sit there until the second.There are more examples out there but I think the point has been made.  

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

This sounds cute but it's no true at all. I highly doubt J-Rob had a first round grade on Austin Johnson or Derrick Henry. If the Bengals had a first round grade on Andy Dalton, no way they allow him to sit there until the second.There are more examples out there but I think the point has been made.  

You missed the point which is that teams always talk up their 2nd rounders. 

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

You missed the point which is that teams always talk up their 2nd rounders. 

I guess so. I thought he was being literal. Either way, I don't think this is a case of J-Rob just talking up the pick. I think he legitimately thought the guy was a first round talent so his point is still moot. 

7 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Looks like Vrabel was conditioning the potential Titans draft picks with the great not good mindset during their pre-draft visits, can see AJ Brown here try to correct himself while talking to Vrabel, you can tell they have had that discussion before.

I love this dude’s personality so far 

9 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Looks like Vrabel was conditioning the potential Titans draft picks with the great not good mindset during their pre-draft visits, can see AJ Brown here try to correct himself while talking to Vrabel, you can tell they have had that discussion before.

"Just remember, get open and catch the ball."

Vrabel knows exactly what this team has been lacking.

LOL

55 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

"Just remember, get open and catch the ball."

Vrabel knows exactly what this team has been lacking.

LOL

Should have said, ,"Just remember, you will never see a football unless you get at least 3 yards of separation"

On 4/27/2019 at 3:12 AM, Somedude said:

Are you that guy from the internet video who wrapped his dick in tinfoil and stuck it in an electrical socket?

that was jake.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:34 AM, TitanDuckFan said:

You keep mentioning value, but you're ignoring critical statistical data that contributes to a WR's value.

Like who finds the sticks and gets 1st downs.

In 2 years Taylor has 28 1st Downs.

In 2 years Tajae has 49.

Tajae has more overall yards than Taylor in those 2 years also.

That's not an insignificant difference.  Coupled with the reliability factor I think Tajae can easily make a case for himself.

It's going to be interesting to see who gets cut from the receiving corps, because I don't foresee them keeping everyone.

Delanie

Corey

Humphries

Brown

And probably Smith are all pretty much locks to stay.

Pruitt

Firkser

Batson

Jennings

Sharpe

Taylor

and then the PS bodies.

So that's 11 candidates for the active roster and I don't think they keep that many.

Jennings plays STs and I believe Pruitt does as well, and Pruitt is the best blocker in the TE room aside from Delanie.  Firkser has that insane catch percentage and Sharpe has been uber dependable when they need to move the chains, so who exactly will they see as having the most value?

Jrob has changed this team. Just last year going into the season we were thin at pass catcher, now we may have to cut experienced guys.  JRob builds the front and the back ends of the roster.  The depth is starting to show through almost every position. 

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Jrob has changed this team. Just last year going into the season we were thin at pass catcher, now we may have to cut experienced guys.  JRob builds the front and the back ends of the roster.  The depth is starting to show through almost every position. 

So who do you think they'll keep, and who gets waived or ends up (back) on the PS?

Camp is gonna be interesting.