socaltitan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One less team to worry about drafting our boy Lock! ?

You must be new here...

There is no way anyone is this stupid.

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

You can't even legitimately put on 20lbs of muscle in a year much less a few months

Sure you can I put in 18lbs of muscle in about 9 months. But we all know Eddie was exaggerating a little man come on.

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

You can't even legitimately put on 20lbs of muscle in a year much less a few months

Serious question.  Is there anything that Mariota can do this year (realistically speaking) that will make you change your tune and think he should be the guy long-term?

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Serious question.  Is there anything that Mariota can do this year (realistically speaking) that will make you change your tune and think he should be the guy long-term?

Play at a high level over the course of a full season. 

You don't honestly think he's the long term answer right now do you? 

Cossel talked about him today on 104.5. He said MM was a secondary player and the team wasn't relying on him to carry the offense. You can't pay a QB who's along for the ride. 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Cossel talked about him today on 104.5. He said MM was a secondary player and the team wasn't relying on him to carry the offense. You can't pay a QB who's along for the ride. 

I heard.  He slammed him.

I really don't know what to think.  I think that when Mariota is on he can be the long-term answer.  But like I've said since after week 1 last year when I started to question it if he keeps getting hurt and you can't rely on him you can't sign him to a long-term deal.  It'll be 5 years, all with injuries.  So that's where I stand.

I think he's a better passer than you give him credit for.  At the same time, if he could improve on 3 things, he needs to turn it loose more, do a better job at avoiding sacks and throw it better on the run.  I want to see one on one shots with Davis.  Just throw it up and see what happens.  Davis should be able to win his jump balls.

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mariota was one of the two best players on our offense. That's how pathetic our offense was. Hopefully it's improved now with Saffold and Humphries and Delanie back. Cosell thinks MM is a gimmick QB just because he couldn't put up high numbers in an offense which no QB could put up high numbers. 

2 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

Mariota was one of the two best players on our offense. That's how pathetic our offense was. Hopefully it's improved now with Saffold and Humphries and Delanie back. Cosell thinks MM is a gimmick QB just because he couldn't put up high numbers in an offense which no QB could put up high numbers. 

Don't ruin a good convo between @OILERMAN and @scine09 with your Mariota-lust.

Edited by big2033

14 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Even in good games where Mariota makes subtle pocket movements and throws anticipatory throws, Cosell barely acknowledges it and still runs his narrative that he "isn't a pocket passer."  Yet he will credit other QBs when they have actual good offensive line play. He has his narrative as do most of us, I guess. 

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

Don't ruin a good convo between @OILERMAN and @scine09 with your Mariota-lust.

The most important trait a QB needs is accuracy and even with injuries Mariota is one of the better ones at it. It's the orgs job to build around him and consistently get him some help other than one receiver instead of constantly building the defense. Don't complain about QB play when you have only built one side on the team historically

Again this year MMs expectations are high because they did get some help for once. We'll see what happens.

5 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

Even in good games where Mariota makes subtle pocket movements and throws anticipatory throws, Cosell barely acknowledges it and still runs his narrative that he "isn't a pocket passer."  Yet he will credit other QBs when they have actual good offensive line play. He has his narrative as do most of us, I guess. 

Yeah he just doesn't care for him very much so I take what he says about Marcus with a grain of salt.

16 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I heard.  He slammed him.

I really don't know what to think.  But like I've said since after week 1 last year when I started to question it if he keeps getting hurt and you can't rely on him you can't sign him to a long-term deal.  

Yes you do know, and even if you don't you can clearly see how the team is building the offense and using him. They don't think the offense can run through him. 

And it's not the injuries, it's his poor play. His production is just pitiful, injured or not. 

I would call the Cardinals and offer our 4th rounder for Rosen right now. No risk on our part and no financial loss with the Cardinals paying the massive bonus. 

In a normal situation, aka no Kingsbury, Rosen had he come out in this Draft would be QB1.

Edited by AvgJoe