Avengers: Endgame(SPOILERS)

Nztitans

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have agreed with you before my daughter was born. As white males, most privileged group on the planet, we are tone def to what minorities want and need at times. My 7 year old absolutely loved

Went and saw it early yesterday morning. Really enjoyed it. Long though. Don’t want to spoil anything for anyone that hasn’t. If you are a fan of the Marvel movies there is a lot to like. There was on

Thus is a spoiler thread now, fuckshits.    - — -—   -   Loves it. Thought it had the wrong emotion in the early middle, but then it created the proper base for

23 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Too much plot armor?

Yeah basically. And just none of the scenes were that emotional for me. So iron man dies .. felt like it wasn’t a big deal. Was like a rabbit fucking. A sprint to the finish and not time to build up for this huge moment and death. Scar jo dies.. ok. So? 

Everyone snapped out of existence came back so easy and quick. Little too easy. 

You can can snap a finger and bring everyone back from the dead but you cant snap a finger and just kill thanos’ Army? Then you’ve got all of  time to bring people back. 

I think in general I just hate time travel as a solution. 

Every fight scene seemed disjointed and had to feature a new character every 5 seconds. 

The scene where it’s just women showing up all at once.. like.. what the fuck were they doing? All in the bathroom together? In what way would all the chicks just be in a Calvary together? Silliness. 

It was entertaining enough... 3 hours didn’t quite seem that long.  Just not a good movie. 

Edited by titanruss

Liked it. I liked Infinity War better but this movie had a lot of shit to sort out because of infinity war. I think Thanos daughters should have played a bigger role in his death. Like how they had Child Gamora (however the f you spell it) ask him if it was worth it at the end of infinity war. They should have had her ask him that again right before he died in Endgame. Would of made a more powerful statement IMO

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, titanruss said:

The scene where it’s just women showing up all at once.. like.. what the fuck were they doing? All in the bathroom together? In what way would all the chicks just be in a Calvary together? Silliness. 

My gf said she looked over at me when this scene happened because she knew I'd be rolling the fuck out of my eyeballs lol. They just had to force that in there for the ladies. We're seeing these types of things in everything now. Star Wars is doing it as well with this current trilogy. Like just having them in there fighting alongside the men isn't enough for you all? My God.

Cheesy and predictable.  I've loved these movies and it's fine that this is the way they ended it but it didn't live up to the hype.  Infinity war was better.  I was happy to see Cap get to be happy and I was happy with the way Stark went out.  I was also happy that some of the deaths were permanent but it all kind of felt contrived.  

Still, one of the greatest movie achievements of all time.  Much respect to everyone involved in the entire series.  It was just such a great overall series.  

2 hours ago, TampaTitan said:

My gf said she looked over at me when this scene happened because she knew I'd be rolling the fuck out of my eyeballs lol. They just had to force that in there for the ladies. We're seeing these types of things in everything now. Star Wars is doing it as well with this current trilogy. Like just having them in there fighting alongside the men isn't enough for you all? My God.

But the thing is, some women and little girls love it. Even though it's cheesy and transparent for almost everyone.

They do the same appeal to many different groups of people. They make sure to insert a lot of scenes for China now to try and hit up that huge growing market. 

It's smart marketing but it just cheapens the quality of the movie for a critical viewer. 

32 minutes ago, titanruss said:

But the thing is, some women and little girls love it. Even though it's cheesy and transparent for almost everyone.

They do the same appeal to many different groups of people. They make sure to insert a lot of scenes for China now to try and hit up that huge growing market. 

It's smart marketing but it just cheapens the quality of the movie for a critical viewer. 

I would have agreed with you before my daughter was born. As white males, most privileged group on the planet, we are tone def to what minorities want and need at times. My 7 year old absolutely loved the scene. She brings it up 2 or 3 times a day. I can suffer a little pandering if it makes her and other girls happy.

49 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Exactly... It's no different than product placement which 0 people on this planet have a hard time understanding it's importance.

It's a super hero movie that's hook it it's comedy, not sure why people get upset when something like this makes someone go "oh really, that would never happen to work out that way in real life"

41 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I would have agreed with you before my daughter was born. As white males, most privileged group on the planet, we are tone def to what minorities want and need at times. My 7 year old absolutely loved the scene. She brings it up 2 or 3 times a day. I can suffer a little pandering if it makes her and other girls happy.

we can both agree that its a good thing the women loved it and still agree it was pandering and made zero sense logistically. 

i just prefer my pandering to be more of a product of the storyline and less obvious

its a movie for all ages. so i get it and dont hate it too much. movies have always done stuff like that but it makes sense to get critiqued and it doesnt mean people hate little girls or women because they dont care for a scene that made no logical sense - even in a movie about time / dimensional traveling superheroes and gods. 

I like it a lot overall. No, it's not as good as Infinity War, but it was a worthy end to this era of Marvel movies, although I guess Spider-Man: Far From Home is the epilogue as well as a transition to the "next phase."

They have to go back to some smaller stories after this, which it looks like FFH is doing. They have to do a lot to build up the newer characters like Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel (especially her, she was just there in Endgame and her film seemed a cut below Spider-Man or Black Panther to me in terms of establishing her character) and introduce some more heroes. How do you do a "smaller story" with a Captain Marvel though? She's insanely powerful and cocksure. Can she be humbled? What's her character arch?

It'll be interesting to see if they can keep this thing going. It's unprecedented in film history to have such an expansive cinematic universe. Many other studios have tried it in recent years and none have really found any success. Hell, Disney even stumbled with their attempt to do it with Star Wars. Continued success for Marvel is certainly not guaranteed, but I don't think I would really bet against Marvel at this point...

Edited by Titans279

Universal Monsters kept it going for about 20 years. Nothing has been as extensive and interconnected as the MCU but Universal was able to do a connected series of films from the '30s through the 50s. Hammer Horror kinda did the same thing in the '50s through the 70s. 

• 4 weeks later...

It was alright but not really exciting.

First off, fuck time travel.  There's two ways to play time travel: either as a taut thriller about inescapable fate, or a rip roaring multiverse fuck all.  What not to do is to use Time Travel as a nostalgic hide n go seek the Infinity Stones.  First half of the movie was a waste of time.

Secondly, when past Thanos showed up to fuck up the Avengers it looked promising.  But no, all the old farts hog the screen time.  Even given the time travel, if the old Avengers all got slaughtered the second half could have focused on the new Avengers kicking ass.  But no, everyone is just a token.

For the little stuff, some nice things:

- Fat Thor, at least while he was on Earth.

- Scholar Hulk charming the fans

But a lotta lame vomit

- Black Widow Sacrifice

- Hawkeye

- Heroic Iron Man

- Captain Marvel insta nerf

- Was black panther in this movie?

- Falcon Captain America yawn

- Peter Quill was he stoned?

It really killed off any enthusiasm I might have for the MCU.

• 3 years later...