Avengers: Endgame(SPOILERS)

Nztitans

Saw it this afternoon. It was good. Got kind of messy at the end with too many people fighting to follow it, but the point was pretty much to have the entire Marvel universe fighting Thanos.

I'll be interested to see what they do moving forward without some of the original characters. And they effectively managed to bring back Loki from the dead, so there’s that.

I did get a bit annoyed how they just ignored the old rule where a mortal can’t even survive contact with one of the infinity stones. I mean, they all just pretty much held one. Starlord would have died at the end of Guardians but Hawkeye can just hold one???

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have agreed with you before my daughter was born. As white males, most privileged group on the planet, we are tone def to what minorities want and need at times. My 7 year old absolutely loved

Went and saw it early yesterday morning. Really enjoyed it. Long though. Don’t want to spoil anything for anyone that hasn’t. If you are a fan of the Marvel movies there is a lot to like. There was on

Thus is a spoiler thread now, fuckshits.    - — -—   -   Loves it. Thought it had the wrong emotion in the early middle, but then it created the proper base for

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

I did get a bit annoyed how they just ignored the old rule where a mortal can’t even survive contact with one of the infinity stones. I mean, they all just pretty much held one. Starlord would have died at the end of Guardians but Hawkeye can just hold one???

I assume if you pay the price for the Soul Stone you can hold it.

17 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I assume if you pay the price for the Soul Stone you can hold it.

I can’t remember with all the other stones, but Bruce/Hulk was given the time stone directly, too. And super powered or not, he had the same basic results from using the stones as Tony did. 

Dr Strange held the time stone in the last film. Ultron held the mind stone. Many people handled the tesseract. Pretty sure it was just the soul stone you can't hold unless you pay the price.

I finally saw it tonite. 

I enjoyed it, some parts like Cap using Mjolnir was so badass, Thanos being OP, Hawkeye finally being awesome. For a 3 hour movies its hard for it to be perfect. Fat Thor was fun for awhile but Im surprised it lasted the whole movie. They mustve done that so he wouldnt be at full strength facing Thanos at the end with Stormbreak and Mjolnir because he probably wouldve mopped the floor against anybody in the Marvel Universe.  I thought for what they had to deal with plot wise and all the characters I think it was a great achievement, I thought there was a lot of great "shots" Theres more to talk about but I want to see it again first.

My initial reaction is that I hope Marvel waits to set up another big event like this. Theres plenty of villians like Galactus, Annihilus, Kang and Dr Doom to do another event, I just think the fans need time to digest all this. They were people legit crying after the credits.

47 minutes ago, headhunter said:

My initial reaction is that I hope Marvel waits to set up another big event like this. Theres plenty of villians like Galactus, Annihilus, Kang and Dr Doom to do another event, I just think the fans need time to digest all this. They were people legit crying after the credits.

Now that Disney has the rights to the Fantastic 4 I’m hoping Marvel will do justice to Dr Doom...

5 hours ago, Somedude said:

In Infinity War Dr. Stange cuts off one of the bad dude's hands with his portal. Why did he never cut off Thanos's hand with a portal then?

He saw over how many number of scenarios and had only one successful outcome. 

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He saw over how many number of scenarios and had only one successful outcome. 

Cutting off his hand seems pretty successful. Hell, he can open 2. Cutt off the head and hand at the same time.

22 hours ago, Somedude said:

In Infinity War Dr. Stange cuts off one of the bad dude's hands with his portal. Why did he never cut off Thanos's hand with a portal then?

This is turn into eagle and drop ring into my doom stuff. 

Best not to think too hard on it.

7 hours ago, chef said:

This is turn into eagle and drop ring into my doom stuff. 

Best not to think too hard on it.

No it's not. The Giant's hand was cut off when he lunged for the portal. Nothing we've seen onscreen shows the monks using portals as weapons.

22 minutes ago, oldschool said:

No it's not. The Giant's hand was cut off when he lunged for the portal. Nothing we've seen onscreen shows the monks using portals as weapons.

Well it’s a little dark for the kids in the audience to be portaling off heads left and right...

Edited by Starkiller

48 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I was just thinking Why don't they just portal like everyone out of here, portal them into an active volcano etc.  

The idea of being able to portal anyone of almost any power (see Strange v Loki/Thor) to almost anywhere is really pretty overpowered and not used.  Makes more sense than running around punching people in the face.