2019 NFL Draft: Titans Select DT Jeffery Simmons Round 1, Pick #19

Jonboy

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is definitely my favorite Robinson pick he's made since being GM.    He ignored the noise, ignored the bullshit, ignored the win now pressure, and picked the best football player availa

stopped reading here

Man like I said before the draft - you take Simmons at 19 and you don't look back and don't dick around trying to trade down. This was the absolute right thing. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, JbgTenn said:

I would of took someone that could help now. I don't dis like the pick just don't see where he is worth a 1st giving his injury. I would of liked Sweat or even Hollywood just to name 2 off the top of my head.

I liked Both of those and wouldn’t be mad at either but They both have their history of injuries. Brown with the lisfranc and Sweat with the heart 

Edited by KingTitan8

5 minutes ago, JbgTenn said:

I would of took someone that could help now. I don't dis like the pick just don't see where he is worth a 1st giving his injury. I would of liked Sweat or even Hollywood just to name 2 off the top of my head.

Aka you wanted a flashy pick with immediate returns. 

I like the pick but this is mostly a long view selection. 

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That’s what happens when you face near constant double teams and the opponent has mostly quick throws...

Yeah, I see a player that Alabama and Florida clearly game planned on double and triple teaming.

1 minute ago, Oilertattoo said:

Yeah, I see a player that Alabama and Florida clearly game planned on double and triple teaming.

The Nose Tackle usually gets doubled or chipped by Center and Guard on most plays.

1 hour ago, BaddKarma said:

Very funny thread on Simmons.

At what point does it dawn on fans that if you have Mariota as your QB you draft must draft the other side of the ball. Skill players are a waste right now with this QB. You draft DL, OL, LB, and DB.

As far as Simmons sticking up for his sister, family is all that matters.

BTW, loved the way his sister put the boots that heifer at the end!

That's the dumbest argument ever, and that's coming from someone who didn't want us to draft offense

4 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I guess I'm good with Simmons, but we are going to have to sign a FA defensive lineman or two because we have to get help there immediately.

There are plenty of other DL they can add, either in the draft or just short term free agents. But yeah, right now they have zero proven depth on the DLine for 2019. I’d love to draft someone tonight.

3 minutes ago, reo said:

Aka you wanted a flashy pick with immediate returns. 

I like the pick but this is mostly a long view selection. 

I just don't think we are in a position to wait on a player. I understand we need a NT and Jrob has been awful getting a good one in free agency lol but just don't see the value with the pick. We get 4 years out of him and usually the first year isn't that great with rookies.

3 minutes ago, JbgTenn said:

I just don't think we are in a position to wait on a player. I understand we need a NT and Jrob has been awful getting a good one in free agency lol but just don't see the value with the pick. We get 4 years out of him and usually the first year isn't that great with rookies.

He isn’t a NT.

And as a likely non-contender, the Titans are in a position to wait for him to contribute. 

5 minutes ago, JbgTenn said:

You know he isn't really an NT right? He was only able to play NT because of how good he is. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic