2019 NFL Draft: Titans Select DT Jeffery Simmons Round 1, Pick #19

Jonboy

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is definitely my favorite Robinson pick he's made since being GM.    He ignored the noise, ignored the bullshit, ignored the win now pressure, and picked the best football player availa

stopped reading here

Man like I said before the draft - you take Simmons at 19 and you don't look back and don't dick around trying to trade down. This was the absolute right thing. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Wait... so he was defending his sister? And this was seen as a fucking problem?

You can find the video. Lady was already down on the ground and he gave her a few punches in the back while she was down. At least that's what it looked like to me. 

I’ve only been able to watch one highlight video on my phone so far, but just from judging his movement and build alone he looks like a top prospect. (Top 10 in a strong draft.) He reminds me of another player, but I can’t think of who just yet. He looks like a bulked up DE playing DT.

1 minute ago, Cyrus said:

I’ve only been able to watch one highlight video on my phone so far, but just from judging his movement and build alone he looks like a top prospect. (Top 10 in a strong draft.) He reminds me of another player, but I can’t think of who just yet. He looks like a bulked up DE playing DT.

Fletcher Cox

Just now, Jonboy said:

You can find the video. Lady was already down on the ground and he gave her a few punches in the back while she was down. At least that's what it looked like to me. 

Ya idk if I buy the defending his sister line. That fat chick was kicking the chick on tge grounds ass. Then he jumps in and drops a few shots on a defenless girl the size of his leg who is getting pounded by jaba the hut.

He did seem to break it up after that so idk if he felt like an asshole real quick.

How is taking Simmons any different than a team with an aging vet (See KC) taking a QB who almost has no chance of helping in the current year?  And that team still going onto have a good season.

Edited by scine09

Purely a guess, but I think the Titans training program will be beneficial to the ACL recovery.  The team can afford to wait as long as necessary for a full recovery.  Especially if they sign a one year FA defensive line.

This is JRob and the coaching staff planning for the future.  The next two days of picks will include contributors to an improved 2019.  That's what a great FO does!!!

pro

1 minute ago, Tim said:

Technically he’s not available. That’s the rub. 

You don’t get a player of his caliber without a top 3-5 pick if he didn’t tear the ACL. This was a pick Jrob made not expecting to be picking that low for a long time. You can’t pass on this guy at 19.

Just now, Mythos27 said:

Some of these comments reveal the dumbest logic I've ever seen. Yes, half the teams passed on Simmons but they also passed on anyone else we would've drafted. At least with Simmons we know it was due to injury. What's the excuse for the stud you guys wanted?

People really need to learn about and use the ignore feature. Liberally.

9 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Wait... so he was defending his sister? And this was seen as a fucking problem?

Yes, she was being beaten by another woman and he ended up pulling the woman off and beating on her. And immediately admitted his mistake. He said "I take full responsibility for my actions that occured Thursday evening. My apology goes out to the Taylor family and especially Sophia Taylor. What was I thinking? Honestly, I wasn't thinking. All I could think was - this is my family and I'm supposed to defend my family."

This is what he said in high school, over 3 years ago. 

It was a huge brawl between two feuding families. 

Edited by tgo

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic