2019 NFL Draft: Titans Select DT Jeffery Simmons Round 1, Pick #19

Jonboy

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is definitely my favorite Robinson pick he's made since being GM.    He ignored the noise, ignored the bullshit, ignored the win now pressure, and picked the best football player availa

stopped reading here

Man like I said before the draft - you take Simmons at 19 and you don't look back and don't dick around trying to trade down. This was the absolute right thing. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, ctm said:

He strongly implied he wants to get over the hump this year.  We have to find a way....yada, yada, yada.

Yeah, that's about a lot more than one player. We upgraded *significantly* in free agency and we're going to sign a couple more too!

And we're gonna make about 6 or 7 more picks too. 

It's all good man, this is right move for the future of the franchise. The football gods smile upon us - We didn't reject their gift, we accepted it whole heartedly!

1 minute ago, ctm said:

Dallas has nothing to do with JRob misleading the fans.  If you can't see the deception, I can't help you.

First of all I wasn't even aware of that comment so I didn't feel misled by anything. Secondly, we will still draft guys who will contribute on day 1 this season. I prefer taking a top 5 talent for next season than what was on the board when we picked. 

1 minute ago, OzTitan said:

Possibly. He'll be 24 by then, seems about right.

Did you watch the Colts last year? Did you see the all pro rookie guard and all pro rookie LB rub it in our faces twice? 

I said in another thread the only tape on him i saw was the 2-3min highlight video that wasn't that impressive to me. I won't say I like or hate the pick till I look at some more game film. 

I will say this though, everyone acting like taking a hurt player is the dumbest shit in the world and means Jrob is a lieing retard are a joke. What did they excpect was going to happen? Were we gona draft a 26 year old JJ Watt at 19 with no isssues and win it all because of that?

Edited by Callidus

Good stuff from Tom Pelissero here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026635/article/2019-nfl-draft-four-players-who-could-be-firstround-surprises

Having said all that, every executive and scout I've spoken to says the background on Simmons is otherwise immaculate. Members of the current and former Mississippi State coaching staffs call him a culture changer. He won academic and community service awards. If he were healthy and totally clean off the field, Simmons' talent and makeup would have him squarely in the top-10 conversation.

"I've yet to find one person that can say bad things about him," an NFC scout said, echoing what many others have voiced in recent months. "If there is, then we're all fooled. Not everybody deserves a second chance, but he got one and he's done a nice job with it."

41 minutes ago, tgo said:

No character concern. Great person, team captain, community leader. Everyone who knows him respects him and loves him. 

He made a mistake in highschool trying to defend his sister who was getting beaten by someone and took it too far in a lapse of judgement and anger. He's been not only a model citizen since, but is a high quality leader and is a wolf on the football field. 

There is no entitlement in this player and he is team first to the nth degree. Tough as fucking nails and humble. 

Wait... so he was defending his sister? And this was seen as a fucking problem?

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic