Titans linked to Lock?

BudsOilers

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah...that is a real possibility..Mariota is probably why LaFluer left or at least that is a possiblity.  It's also possible that you are an idiot.

Good god Blake.  Thank god they didn't promote his dumb ass to GM when they canned Webster.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

With enough QB needy teams picking in front of us, should Lock make it to #19 that should tell you enough about how the NFL feels about him.

Ok, then explain Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, some guy named Brady....to a lesser extent Derek Carr and Jimmy G getting picked after Bortles, Teddy, and Manziel. Mahomes getting to #10. No way he'd go that low now

The league gets it wrong plenty of times. Not that Lock will be one of those guys, but its happened before.

Edited by socaltitan

33 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I think that like Josh Allen, Lock will be able to make plays and keep his team competitive despite a crappy supporting cast simply because the big plays that his arm and athleticism can create.  Allen went around .500 as a starter with no O line, WRs, or running game. 

Rosen was in a bad situation, but the team is putting serious consideration into moving on from him because he requires a lot of help around him in order to succeed.  Hence my remark about the higher floor.  The higher ceiling speaks for itself.

And that really isn't much of a difference in accuracy % when you consider the 96 dropped passes the last 3 years from Lock's WRs, and the fact that Rosen's mechanics are basically topped out while Lock's can be improved significantly

Josh Allen will likely never be a reliable passer in the NFL. Even if the Bills keep him relatively clean I doubt you'll ever see him become a surgical QB that wins straight from the pocket and IMO if you don't have that upside, you aren't worth drafting high. You keep Rosen clean and he'll pick teams apart, book it. I remember the dropped passes argument being made for Allen last season he had a career comp % of 56.2 in college (similar to Lock) and then proceeded to follow that up with a rookie year comp % of 52.8%. Accuracy rarely gets better and inaccurate passers in college tend to stay that way or get worse in the NFL. Now I'll be totally fair and point out that the Bills receiving corps raked 8th in dropped passes last season but the Cardinals were worse AND even when adjusting for that (PFF) Allen still ranked dead last in the league. Here's an excerpt from a Bills SBnation article: 

Allen’s critics often cite inaccuracy as a potentially insurmountable problem. His completion percentage of 52.8% only helps that argument. One area PFF examines is adjusted completion rate, which accounts for things like dropped passes, throwaways, and spiked balls. With these considerations, Allen’s adjusted completion percentage climbs to 64.7%, which is a big jump. Unfortunately, when looking at every quarterback with this lens, Allen is dead last in the league. The NFL average was 75.3%. 

Choosing Allen as an example was a bad move. Fortunately, I'm fair and think Lock is a better prospect than him. 

He seems similar to Cutler in skill set but seems to have better leadership/interpersonal skills.  I've seen a few interviews with him and he presents himself like a top tier QB.  I bet he will tell the coaches what plays he likes.

Honestly, IMO everyone should hold their hot takes on Lock being good or bad until after the draft.

Save your sanity and breath. It's too close to the deadline for it to matter.

Right now, it's all about: "Can this actually happen?"

Just now, big2033 said:

Honestly, IMO everyone should hold their hot takes on Lock being good or bad until after the draft.

Save your sanity and breath. It's too close to the deadline for it to matter.

Right now, it's all about: "Can this actually happen?"

Hot take....... Most likely he'll be bad (like the vast majority of drafted QB's!).

7 minutes ago, Huston said:

The term be careful what you wish for seems pretty appropriate right now.

It always is.

Bringing in passing guru and QB whisperer Ken Whisenhunt is a good example.

Edited by big2033

20 hours ago, big2033 said:

Well ... why would a GM even say something so ridiculous? You think he believed it'd be national news?

And wasn't it also Daniel Jeremiah and one of his "rumor sources"?

Not saying it's that credible, I'm saying the fact it's being taken seriously is telling.

You've really gone off the edge. Just driving the narrative bus right off the cliff. You get so much satisfaction from even the smallest slights of Mariota. 

"I heard an anonymous GM who heard from an anonymous front office exec who heard from an anonymous scout who heard from some fans that the Titans should take Lock... OMG! the fact that this rumor even came up... what does that say about Mariota?!"

Even if this rumor ends up being true, it would be the dumbest move the Titans have made. Trying to replace one of the more accurate QBs in the NFL for not even a consensus top 3 QB in one of the worst QB drafts in a while. If you're really going to draft a QB at least go all in and draft a good one like Kyler or Tua. 

Just now, ap24786 said:

You've really gone off the edge. Just driving the narrative bus right off the cliff. You get so much satisfaction from even the smallest slights of Mariota. 

"I heard an anonymous GM who heard from an anonymous front office exec who heard from an anonymous scout who heard from some fans that the Titans should take Lock... OMG! the fact that this rumor even came up... what does that say about Mariota?!"

Even if this rumor ends up being true, it would be the dumbest move the Titans have made. Trying to replace one of the more accurate QBs in the NFL for not even a consensus top 3 QB in one of the worst QB drafts in a while. If you're really going to draft a QB at least go all in and draft a good one like Kyler or Tua. 

I get satisfaction on being right about Mariota being accountable for his situation when it pertains to his performance as our "franchise" QB. Absolutely.

But just like Henry, I hope if he is our QB he also becomes accountable for his success.

I gave Henry most of the kudos for his success ... just like I gave him shit for his failures.

It's called not falling in love and making excuses for a player past their first few years in the league.