Titans linked to Lock?

BudsOilers

3 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

If they like Lock enough it doesn’t matter, any owner would gladly eat a contract to get a franchise QB

they likely don’t like him THAT much or else they’d trade up for the guy but them having enough optimism in Mariota to be interested in him for only 1 extra year about 365 days ago means nothing. 

but we don't know if he is a franchise QB.  If it worked out then yes everyone would be perfectly OK with the decision.

and when you make a decision to exercise the 5th year option you have to take into account the things that go along with that decision.  You make that decision becasue you are going to give Mariota another year to see what he's got.  You don't just do it for the sake of doing it.

Funny how when they made that decision to give Mariota the 5th year they had "no reasonable options not to do it"...that's your quote

but now that they have done it drafting a QB at #19 in the draft is somehow a reasonable option.

Cant you see how that just doesn't make sense?

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah...that is a real possibility..Mariota is probably why LaFluer left or at least that is a possiblity.  It's also possible that you are an idiot.

Good god Blake.  Thank god they didn't promote his dumb ass to GM when they canned Webster.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

but we don't know if he is a franchise QB.  If it worked out then yes everyone would be perfectly OK with the decision.

and when you make a decision to exercise the 5th year option you have to take into account the things that go along with that decision.  You make that decision becasue you are going to give Mariota another year to see what he's got.  You don't just do it for the sake of doing it.

Funny how when they made that decision to give Mariota the 5th year they had "no reasonable options not to do it"...that's your quote

but now that they have done it drafting a QB at #19 in the draft is somehow a reasonable option.

Cant you see how that just doesn't make sense?

You’re right. Nothing has changed in Mariota in the past 365 days

5th year option is a no brainer, picking a guy you think is a cornerstone of the franchise a year “early” is also a no-brainer

stop being obtuse

If it's year 5 and you don't know if he's a franchise QB, then you probably know he is not.  I'd add that if they do draft a QB on day 1 or 2, the likely plan would be to redshirt them behind Mariota or Tannehill, which would be perfectly fine.  Cap wise, Tanneota is at $ 23 M so it's not like it's cost prohibitive.

Say Mariota blows up in his contract year.  Great.  You then are in position to commit to him long term and can trade the other QB ala NE.  Likewise, you could tag Mariota and trade him if you love the young guy better.

I don't expect them to draft QB at 19 but it shouldn't shock anyone or be panned if they do. 

@bizzyeddieI really don't know what to tell you if you think that extending Mariota long-term or releasing him were reasonable options.... NO SHIT, you're going to give the guy a 5th year option (even though you decide that after 3 years)

I really don't know what to tell you if you just discount the past 365 days that this staff has seen from Mariota and are still all-in on Mariota and will just bend over and sacrifice a potential franchise QB (especially if they REALLY like the guy).... to continuing the notion of the only thing that matters is to "see what he's got"

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

If you read his scouting report it sounds a lot like Mettenberger's except he's quicker.

No thanks.

I don't want to draft a QB with "questionable accuracy" who has the prototypical build but is inconsistent.  It sounds more like a guy who would have thrived in the 90's.

I'll admit I've never watched him play but I can't help but think of Paxton Lynch when I think of Lock.

I bet he goes to Denver.  It sounds like the kind of QB Elway likes. 

This is pretty much a guarantee Drew Lock will be a HOF QB. 

When it comes to QB evaluation Scine is opposite man!

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

If it's year 5 and you don't know if he's a franchise QB, then you probably know he is not.  I'd add that if they do draft a QB on day 1 or 2, the likely plan would be to redshirt them behind Mariota or Tannehill, which would be perfectly fine.  Cap wise, Tanneota is at $ 23 M so it's not like it's cost prohibitive.

Say Mariota blows up in his contract year.  Great.  You then are in position to commit to him long term and can trade the other QB ala NE.  Likewise, you could tag Mariota and trade him if you love the young guy better.

I don't expect them to draft QB at 19 but it shouldn't shock anyone or be panned if they do. 

BUT LAST YEAR WE DECIDED THAT WE ARE STILL UNSURE ENOUGH ABOUT MARIOTA to "see what he has".... the 2019 draft has already been decided

Don't you know anything!!!!

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Listen people, Mariota is worse than we know/think. I've been saying it for two years now. I have no doubt the team knows by the way they handled him and what they asked him to do. 

As teams adjusted to him he's really regressed into a terrible passing QB, and he was always flawed. 

He was terrible in the mini camps last year and really had in training camp, the preseason was pitiful. LaFleuer had to scrap some of the early stuff because he couldn't do it. For a 4th year player that's a joke. 

Injuries and OCs are nothing but excuses, he's not very good 

3 hours ago, Face said:

Lol, this is ridiculous. Because it’s a “discussion point”? Amongst who? Because I haven’t heard a friggin thing from anybody who actually covers the team even remotely discussing QB. The team paid zero attention to any QB throughout the draft process & hasn’t even hinted about upgrading the position.

You were saying?

13 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I'm kind of hoping to see one of those QB's slide to 19 and see what decision they do make there.  I could see it happening too with the supposed run on OL early.

Edited by rns90

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Listen people, Mariota is worse than we know/think. I've been saying it for two years now. I have no doubt the team knows by the way they handled him and what they asked him to do. 

As teams adjusted to him he's really regressed into a terrible passing QB, and he was always flawed. 

He was terrible in the mini camps last year and really had in training camp, the preseason was pitiful. LaFleuer had to scrap some of the early stuff because he couldn't do it. For a 4th year player that's a joke. 

Injuries and OCs are nothing but excuses, he's not very good 

So you buy that they will take a QB at 19? 

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

So you buy that they will take a QB at 19? 

I buy that's it's a possibility. These guys usually get overdrafted so I'd guess if he's good enough for 19 he'll go sooner