Titans linked to Lock?

BudsOilers

29 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

One thing that we on the outside can never know...how healthy Mariota really is. 

@titanruss even started a thread about how no one was talking about the fact that Mariota still wasn't fully healthy. 

Then he threw to the WRs

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah...that is a real possibility..Mariota is probably why LaFluer left or at least that is a possiblity.  It's also possible that you are an idiot.

Good god Blake.  Thank god they didn't promote his dumb ass to GM when they canned Webster.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, big2033 said:

The fact that someone would think this rumor would even be taken seriously enough to circulate it to national media is something no?

You think this rumor is even taken seriously by anyone last year? Regardless of the source?

And Mariota is a great person, I'd love playing for him too.

The team absolutely loved Mularkey.

The rumor started as a GM commenting on a mock draft. lol 

18 minutes ago, Face said:

Lol, this is ridiculous. Because it’s a “discussion point”? Amongst who? Because I haven’t heard a friggin thing from anybody who actually covers the team even remotely discussing QB. The team paid zero attention to any QB throughout the draft process & hasn’t even hinted about upgrading the position. Even amongst the media draft guys I don’t think one mocked a QB the entire time to us. 

Some random rumor the day before the draft is not a “discussion”.  I love the draft, have for years. I’m still interested in the rumors. But every GM will tell you that 95% of what you read is totally  fabricated. 

Turron Davenport spent about as much time on this rumor as it deserved.

The Titans don’t have a QB under contract next year and MMS future is in doubt, it’s that simple

7 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Feels so good when others think like me re: Marquise

His size is a concern but truly elite playmakers like him don’t grow on trees. He’s unique in that he constantly gets behind defenses for the long ball, which he also does a great job of tracking, and he’s also elite in terms of creating after the catch. That’s 2 completely different skill sets & most don’t excel at both...straight line speed & tracking over the shoulder vs explosive cuts & field vision.

Im not usually a big WR draft guy but I love the guys this year. There’s so many big guys who can go get the contested balls but Brown can run past & thru defenses, and that’s something that translates day 1.

5 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

The rumor started as a GM commenting on a mock draft. lol 

Well ... why would a GM even say something so ridiculous? You think he believed it'd be national news?

And wasn't it also Daniel Jeremiah and one of his "rumor sources"?

Not saying it's that credible, I'm saying the fact it's being taken seriously is telling.

Edited by big2033

11 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Vrabel was a loved and respected teammate , and was shipped off as well.  It's business.

That’s not my point at all. What I’m saying is some here are so apt to jump on some totally random rumor from one media guy & run with it & actually call it a “discussion” when there’s been absolutely zero talk of us drafting a QB the entire time & the team completely ignored the QB prospects. 

Meanwhile they’ll totally disregard the senior decision makers on the team when they say they absolutely love Mariota.

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

Well ... why would a GM even say something so ridiculous? You think he believed it'd be national news?

Not saying it's that credible, I'm saying the fact it's being taken seriously is telling

It’s not being taken seriously. King and Jeremiah both aren’t taking it seriously. 

King dismissed it immediately and Jeremiah also said it’s not happening. It was an example of the crazy shit he’s hearing as rumors right now. 

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Not saying it's that credible, I'm saying the fact it's being taken seriously is telling.

Whose taking it seriously?

And you don’t think there’s a good chance that said GM could be the Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, etc who may want to drum up some trade interest, get somebody thinking they may have to jump over us? This happens all the time.

2 minutes ago, Face said:

And you don’t think there’s a good chance that said GM could be the Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, etc who may want to drum up some trade interest, get somebody thinking they may have to jump over us? This happens all the time.

Or it could be a GM who doesn’t like Mariota so he’d draft Lock at 19 if he were the Titans. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I felt this as far back as when they fired Mularkey and hired Vrabel. They kept it about the team and went out of their way to talk little about Mariota 

Do you ever hear Belichick talking about Brady? Or does he tend to keep it team oriented?

9 minutes ago, Face said:

Absolutely.

And the fact he used Mariota and Tennessee as his go-to says something doesn't it?

If you're going for a rumor, you go with something that's taken somewhat seriously or what's the point?

Edited by big2033

35 minutes ago, Face said:

That’s not my point at all. What I’m saying is some here are so apt to jump on some totally random rumor from one media guy & run with it & actually call it a “discussion” when there’s been absolutely zero talk of us drafting a QB the entire time & the team completely ignored the QB prospects. 

Meanwhile they’ll totally disregard the senior decision makers on the team when they say they absolutely love Mariota.

The Nashville radio had this as a topic this morning so clearly it made news.  I have no idea if it's just a rumor or not as Robinson does a really good job of keeping things close to his vest.  Saying that, QB is absolutely a possibility.  Do you seriously think that the Titans have not evaluated the QB prospects knowing they have none under contract for next season?  If one they love is available, they are going to think about it as they should.

Also, when have Robinson or Vrabel stated their love for Mariota?  It's always faint praise or "we want to make the team better" stuff.  Oh yeah, they also added a new QB to the mix "to push Mariota" in the GM's own words. 

Andrew Locker.  Sure you are not Blake in disguise?

Edited by BudAdams