What the Dems should do.

Number9

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clinton was impeached with a better economy.    Every time this dumb motherfucker opens his mouth or types, it's inaccurate. 

Coming up with names is easy and you don't need a comedian. Donald J. Trump. The J is for jackass or juvenile. Big baby Donald, Daffy Donald, Don the Con. IMHO, I don't think that line of attack is pr

What the Dems need to do is pick a nominee, have everyone get behind that nominee, and get out and actually vote (up and down the ticket, not just for president). They need to ignore whether the candi

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I still think Cory Booker is going to impress people once he gets his turn in the spotlight. He can appeal to both political wings of the party as well as drive energy behind minority voters. 

Okay.  Do the math.  In the last three presidential races the dems ran Obama twice and Hillary once.  Now, all my repub friend tell me they like Cain and Carson, just love em'.  But when the votes are counted neither one of them won anything.  Barak Husain Obama was/is a special individual.  I remember when I heard him speak, I thought he was awesome.  But with a name like Obama, he didn't stand a chance.

Then the people were told his middle name.  HUSAIN.  WTF!!  Mr Obama just kept explaining his positions with such clarity, that even people who would never vote for him admired him.  Along came Rev Wright, Oh Shit!  It's over.:48_weary:  CNN ran Rev Wright around the clock for an entire weekend.  Mr Obama went on national television and gave what many said was the best talk they ever heard on race relations.  ALL AMERICANS WERE PROUD WHEN HE WAS ELECTED!  Finally, evidence that anybody can make it in America.

Is it really time to just run another person of color, a woman?  Cory Booker is no Barak Obama.  He is a beneficiary of Obama's greatness.  In a race against Trump, Booker will get attacked in ways a statesman like John McCain would never stoop to doing.  Trump has also created a hostility between races in a ways he will exploit in a race against Booker.  But we shall see.  

**The dems control the house.  Pass a bill to solve the border issue.  Make it a commonsense understandable bill/with no pork.  Clean.  Go on the networks and explain it.  Pass a bill to improve America's infrastructure creating jobs to accomplish it.  America's infrastructure includes rural America.  Word it up so they can explain it to the people.  Show that if you have power, you can do something.

If not, I'm afraid the dems will look like Newt holding up a bill composed of blank pages.

15 hours ago, Btowner said:

When it comes to the economy, Trump is already whining about not getting enough credit. A certain poster always references black unemployment and the economy as Trump's "can do no wrong:" card. So, when the Dems reference the economy they should go Ross Perot style and use graphs to visually illustrate the downward trends in unemployment that started under Obama and continued under Trump.

I would also hit Trump on his "trade wars are easy to win" soundbite and then show how much money went to bail out the soybean farmers. Same for us having the best healthcare, "healthcare is easy" and then coming up with nothing. Where is your healthcare? Where is your middle class tax breaks? Don't fall for the con.

Clinton was impeached with a better economy. 

Every time this dumb motherfucker opens his mouth or types, it's inaccurate. 

41 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It’s time to run the best candidate, regardless of gender of skin color. And you don’t just decide to not run the black candidate to try to appease the racists or the woman to try to appease the sexists.

Is Barry Booker the best candidate?  idk, l don't follow closely.  I think this may be a time for diversity.  Obama.  Clinton.  ???  

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Is Barry Booker the best candidate?  idk, l don't follow closely.  I think this may be a time for diversity.  Obama.  Clinton.  ???  

I think Cory Booker is the best candidate, but it’s early.

As for Barry Booker, I was a big fan when he played at Vanderbilt...

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I think Cory Booker is the best candidate, but it’s early.

As for Barry Booker, I was a big fan when he played at Vanderbilt...

LOL!!

Pre 2008 l said the repubs should get rid of the evannies and right wing nut jobs. I posted that in this forum.  The repubs had moved to a place that wasn't welcoming to me, uncomfortable. The result was Donald Trump.  The positions the dems are championing are starting to go too far left.  I think a strong position should be taken on immigration, particularly the southern border.  I do not advocate shutting it down, but I want to see a plan.  I want to see what the dems solution is for the border.

Immigrants are taking all the jobs Americans who believe in the dream will not take.  Okay.  How does that benefit America's standard of living?  Maybe if there wasn't an overflow of people willing to take any pay, the jobs would have to pay Americans a wage they could exist on.  I know jobs young men used to take in summers, such as landscaping have become professions for immigrants.  Poor whites used to do roofing, in Nashville.  They were willing to work.  How many do you see up on the roof now?

Gentrification.  Many people I know are fed up with it.  The are taking our land.  We live and grew up in this city, but everything being built is not for us.  Get Out! This has been going on for a long time.  Here in Nashville, east Nashville is no more.  Working class whites and so-named blacks gone.  What about the nations?  For decades working class whites lived there.  Run out. Look at the construction sites.  Who working?  Is there a correlation between immigration and gentrification?  When you run this population out, what kind of jobs are available for them?

The dems need to pass a bill to improve the infrastructure for the people who live in the country.  Urban and rural.

The dems need to pass a bill that clearly explains their position on immigration and addresses the southern border.

What is the dems position on solving the inflow of undocumented immigrants, particularly across the southern border?

Any opinions on whether the dems should pass a bill in the house that would layout in understandable language what the dems position in on the border and immigration?

http://cepr.net/data-bytes/jobs-bytes/jobs-2014-01

Jobs Bytes

Unemployment Falls to 6.7 Percent Due to Workers Leaving the Labor Force

0 Comments

January 10, 2014 (Jobs Byte)

By Dean Baker

The December rate of labor force participation for black men is the lowest on record.

The headline unemployment rate fell sharply to 6.7 percent in December. The drop of 0.3 percentage points was almost entirely due to people leaving the labor force as the number of people reported employed in December only rose by 143,000. This was just enough to keep the employment-to-population ratio constant.

The establishment survey was also surprisingly weak, showing a gain of just 74,000 jobs. In addition, the length of the average workweek fell by 0.1 hour leading to a decline of 0.3 percent in the index of weekly hours for the month.

The drop in labor force participation was sharpest for African Americans, who saw a decline of 0.3 percentage points to 60.2 percent, the lowest rate since December of 1977. The rate for African American men fell 0.7 percentage points to 65.6 percent, the lowest on record. The decline in labor force participation was associated with a drop in the overall African American unemployment rate of 0.5 percentage points to 11.9, and a drop of 0.6 percentage points to 11.6 percent for African American men.

10 hours ago, Rolltide said:

How can you not go down from 17% unemployment? And that 175 came under Obama's watch! Any idiot can do that. Obama had no economic policies that targeted black unemployment nor did he even talk about it. We have never not recovered from recession in this country are you bragging about that? For 95% of Obama's presidency black unemployment was at recession levels. 

I think the point is, on this particular metric, there has been a clear downward trend for a while. If Obama did nothing but get out of the way of this trend like you say, then it stands to reason Trump could have as well and it would still have trended the same. Or maybe it would have flat lined or regressed without Trump? Who knows. So it's sort of a lame accomplishment because there is no clear cause and effect when it has been going down for so long prior.