What the Dems should do.

Number9

GET IN A ROOM AND MAKE A SOLID PLAN.  

Create and pass a bill in the house with a simple understandable plan to stop the inflow of people at the border.  Pass a jobs bill that addresses rebuilding America's infrastructure.  Make all candidates run on those two accomplishments or be black listed from the party.  

Don't get bogged down in a fight to impeach the president.  That's a negative.  Works well for repubs, but dem voters are more attracted to positives.  Example

Trump  -  Obama

Hire somebody a couple of comedians like Conan O'Brien and John Oliver to make up a name for DT.  Then have them make couple of story names to use as talking points during the campaign.

Move toward the center.  

Any aid to Americans needs to be incentive based.  Free education?  Make excellent grades in HS and college to continue receiving free education.  ALSO, free education should be given to students entering careers that are in need of workers.  i.e., don't give free education too lawyers.  Additionally, free means partial reimbursement so others can go for free.  If you don't want to give anything back, then pay for it your damn self.

What do American voters want?  Build a platform based on that with an eye toward the future of the country.  A great big climate change platform is a loser, but you have to understand climate/environmental issues.  Be versed in what we are already doing-explain that to the people.

Don't nominate anybody who wears a hat indoors, like a veil, hijab, yarmulke, turban, cowboy or a baseball cap.  When you come inside and you can't take your hat off, well.

I will add more if the topic has interest.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clinton was impeached with a better economy.    Every time this dumb motherfucker opens his mouth or types, it's inaccurate. 

Coming up with names is easy and you don't need a comedian. Donald J. Trump. The J is for jackass or juvenile. Big baby Donald, Daffy Donald, Don the Con. IMHO, I don't think that line of attack is pr

What the Dems need to do is pick a nominee, have everyone get behind that nominee, and get out and actually vote (up and down the ticket, not just for president). They need to ignore whether the candi

Posted Images

iirc, Healthcare has been the biggest issue since 2016 while immigration is fourth or fifth on the list. It doesn’t make sense for the Dems to make a reactionary plan to the Repubs issue of choice.  Healthcare and repubs trying to deny coverage to their fellow Americans worked pretty well last time.

Agreed on a comprehensive, forward looking infrastructure plan. 

37 minutes ago, begooode said:

iirc, Healthcare has been the biggest issue since 2016 while immigration is fourth or fifth on the list. It doesn’t make sense for the Dems to make a reactionary plan to the Repubs issue of choice.  Healthcare and repubs trying to deny coverage to their fellow Americans worked pretty well last time.

Agreed on a comprehensive, forward looking infrastructure plan. 

I would be down with that. Just so they actually pass something.  Health care is very complicated. Can they get together a plan they can run on. Then pass it if they win?   Dems 15% of them are unreliable to stand with the party. That’s their problem. If they based the platform and agendas more closely with the population’s opinions and connected improvements from there, success is the reward. 

Build consensus?  Don’t start out proposing 12T for colonial development of Mars. No. First you say we are going to put a man on the moon. Then we build ships to go farther out. Prisoners voting?  OK?   It’s stupid and how many votes will it gain?  Get rid of dumb shit. Wait until the donald starts talking about that crazy ass idea. 

Coming up with names is easy and you don't need a comedian. Donald J. Trump. The J is for jackass or juvenile. Big baby Donald, Daffy Donald, Don the Con. IMHO, I don't think that line of attack is productive or a winning strategy. It reminds me of, "Never wrestle with a  pig. You get dirty and the pig loves it".

I think the Dems need to run on  his character, lies, hypocrisy and lack of accomplishments. The Clinton campaign failed to capitalize on all of the sound bites from the Republicans who were running against him. This time around, use his own words and tweets versus reality and his actual policies. Make the election a referendum on Trump:

1. At tax time in 2020, they should be running ads asking voters where is the middle class tax cut he promised during the 2018 midterms
  2. Runs ads with him claiming "Mexico will pay for the wall" and show him shutting down the government and demanding US tax payers pay for it
  3. Run split screen ads with him facing himself and uttering hypocritical tweets, contradictions and straight lies. 
  4. Run ads on the Republicans talking about replacing the ACA for 12 years and then they got control of the government and did nothing
  5. Run ads showing him lying through his teeth and then promising a healthcare solution AFTER the election with a simple, "Can you trust his word?"
  6. Run ads showing how his EPA is selling out to corporations while ignoring our drinking water, natural resources and environment
  7. Run ads showing him at the Carrier plant claiming victory and then show the headlines where the plant was closed

We know trying to win over Trump's base is damn near impossible. But the Obama voters who voted for Trump, the independents, never Trumpers, and the never Hillary folks are the target for the Dems unified message on healthcare, taxes, infrastructure and the deficit.

Edited by Btowner

The Republican Senate will 100% not pass any vote that the house passes just because they don't want to give Democrats any sort of "win" even if it would be bi-partisan.

Similarly, the Democrat House will 100% not give the Republican Senate any sort of "win".  Investigations, posturing, and fundraising are about all we have to look forward to.  Some executive orders, supreme court decisions, and the occasional appointment.  Other than that, the Trump presidency is effectively dead in the water and has been since around November.  

13 minutes ago, Btowner said:

Coming up with names is easy and you don't need a comedian. Donald J. Trump. The J is for jackass or juvenile. Big baby Donald, Daffy Donald, Don the Con. IMHO, I don't think that line of attack is productive or a winning strategy. It reminds me of, "Never wrestle with a  pig. You get dirty and the pig loves it".

I think the Dems need to run on  his character, lies, hypocrisy and lack of accomplishments. The Clinton campaign failed to capitalize on all of the sound bites from the Republicans who were running against him. This time around, use his own words and tweets versus reality and his actual policies. Make the election a referendum on Trump:

1. At tax time in 2020, they should be running ads asking voters where is the middle class tax cut he promised during the 2018 midterms
  2. Runs ads with him claiming "Mexico will pay for the wall" and show him shutting down the government and demanding US tax payers pay for it
  3. Run split screen ads with him facing himself and uttering hypocritical tweets, contradictions and straight lies. 
  4. Run ads on the Republicans talking about replacing the ACA for 12 years and then they got control of the government and did nothing
  5. Run ads showing him lying through his teeth and then promising a healthcare solution AFTER the election with a simple, "Can you trust his word?"
  6. Run ads showing how his EPA is selling out to corporations while ignoring our drinking water, natural resources and environment
  7. Run ads showing him at the Carrier plant claiming victory and then show the headlines where the plant was closed

We know trying to win over Trump's base is damn near impossible. But the Obama voters who voted for Trump, the independents, never Trumpers, and the never Hillary folks are the target for the Dems unified message on healthcare, taxes, infrastructure and the deficit.

None of the Above.

That's pretty much what Hillary's plan seemed to be.

What the Dems need to do is pick a nominee, have everyone get behind that nominee, and get out and actually vote (up and down the ticket, not just for president). They need to ignore whether the candidate is center or left or anywhere in between because now they know what the alternative is...

Edited by Starkiller

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

The Republican Senate will 100% not pass any vote that the house passes just because they don't want to give Democrats any sort of "win" even if it would be bi-partisan.

Similarly, the Democrat House will 100% not give the Republican Senate any sort of "win".  Investigations, posturing, and fundraising are about all we have to look forward to.  Some executive orders, supreme court decisions, and the occasional appointment.  Other than that, the Trump presidency is effectively dead in the water and has been since around November.  

That's why the bills need to be simple and just contain basic common sense clear language.  The repubs are not going to pass them, but they can show people how they did something good. Show that they want to move forward and not do the same thing the repubs did when they controlled the house.  

18 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

Trump has basically alienated the majority of millennials/young folk. These people talk big games about getting people out of office, but don’t vote usually. I think he has repulsed them enough to change that narrative for 2020

I hope so.

9 minutes ago, Number9 said:

That's why the bills need to be simple and just contain basic common sense clear language.  The repubs are not going to pass them, but they can show people how they did something good. Show that they want to move forward and not do the same thing the repubs did when they controlled the house.  

Yea, I get what you're saying.  Get on record.  I'm just not sure how much that stuff will move the needle.  

I think actually passing legislation would show a unified effort and an ability to get legislation passed.  IMO, the democrats are fractured.  "I'll vote for a jobs bill only if there's specific language in it that says an applicant doesn't have to choose M or F under sex.  What difference does that make anyway?"  Just total BS that only effects less than a handful of voters.  Or a true example "people in prison should have the right to vote."  We have some major issues that need to be addressed and a front running democrat presidential candidate decides to just throw that BS into the dialogue.  

When it comes to the economy, Trump is already whining about not getting enough credit. A certain poster always references black unemployment and the economy as Trump's "can do no wrong:" card. So, when the Dems reference the economy they should go Ross Perot style and use graphs to visually illustrate the downward trends in unemployment that started under Obama and continued under Trump.

I would also hit Trump on his "trade wars are easy to win" soundbite and then show how much money went to bail out the soybean farmers. Same for us having the best healthcare, "healthcare is easy" and then coming up with nothing. Where is your healthcare? Where is your middle class tax breaks? Don't fall for the con.

8 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

They will have plenty if ammo, as will Trump. Just like the first go round. 

Who do you think will take advantage this go round? My money is on the Champ and not the challenger.

Agree. However, it's still too early for me to predict. The Dems have to stop pandering and start their messaging of we can still accomplish our common goals without the corruption, bitterness, anger, division, tweeting, and drama of having a reality TV show in the WH.  Our common goals all start with healthcare, pre-existing conditions, jobs, and wages. 

Also, many people forget the Clinton email issue was uncovered during the Benghazi investigation(s). Although, some conspiracy theorists still cling to Benghazi, the real conspiracy ended up being the missing emails that gave Trump a hammer to use up to election day. I wouldn't be surprise if the Dems uncovered something similar in their investigations from the Mueller report. We will see. It will be interesting.

I see the media talking about Bernie Sanders prison voter rights bill.  Honest truth, I had not seen all the coverage of the comments.  Bernie Sanders will be 78 years old next year, Joe Biden 77, Nancy Pelosi 80 and young Donald Trump 73.  GTFOH.  Really, the boomers are the worse do nothing generation in the history of America and here they are trying to do some more nothing.  The average of American voters is 48.

Bernie said that dumb shit that will in no way help him get elected president.  Why would he say it?  He's old.  Come on.  You know how much energy you had when you were 45 vs 65.  The president has a hard all day long job.  They have to go around all day without pee peeing.  As you get older, you will understand that statement.  How many jobs have you had where you heard coworkers say, "look at Jerry, 80 years old and he's right on point in every office meeting."  "man Jerry works his ass off and never needs a break."  

We need a younger forward thinking person to be our next president.  We need a president who will still be around when some of his programs come to fruition, if only to charge him for allowing prisoners to elect mafia dons to the house and senate.