All-22 for all 42: Mariota's 2018 sacks

nine

5 hours ago, headhunter said:

Just look at the stats. 

Is Wilson on the titans? Weird.. I didn’t think he was but you seem to think everyone is interchangeable and the same except QBs..

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the problem with just showing the sacks he took, you don’t really have any context. So while everybody is talking about how atrocious he is in the pocket they’re forgetting that A)most QB’s lo

Just for clarification:   when I say "2018 sacks", I'm referring to the NFL 2018 season...not the number of times he was sacked in the Ravens game.

I'm gonna get shit on as usual for this.   But regardless of how long or how little time he has I just see a player that doesn't feel the rush. He rarely sees the sack coming. Which is not g

Posted Images

Pretty obvious teams have adjusted with some of the blitzes, they are clearly forcing MM to make quick decisions and he far too often panics and bails from the pocket, or tries to. He may as well have the mobility of Marino on some of these plays because of how long it takes him to come off the read and escape. 

The other thing that stood out was how often playaction was totally ineffective slowing down the rush. That party is over. Teams just came right after MM and ignored the run. 

They have to get Henry going like late last season and build the offense around that. It will slow the rush down and possibly give MM more opportunities to make easy reads against 8 man fronts.

BTW, these plays are why the actual passing stats do not tell the story. They aren't recorded as passing stats

13 minutes ago, Face said:

This is the problem with just showing the sacks he took, you don’t really have any context.

The truth is he’s never been a frequently sacked QB & the 2 years prior he was better then average in this regard. 

It's crystal clear in those videos how bad he was. 

And the reason he's gotten worse is because defenses have figured him out and attack his weaknesses. They aren't letting him playaction anymore 

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

It's crystal clear in those videos how bad he was. 

And the reason he's gotten worse is because defenses have figured him out and attack his weaknesses. They aren't letting him playaction anymore 

Hopefully his injuries are a big reason for his struggles.  Because it's really hard to run an offense when the book has been written as to how to completely shut down the QB.

9 minutes ago, Huston said:

Anyone watching thise vids and not putting the majority of the blame on the line is just not being honest no matter how you feel about the QB and I'll leave it at that.

Lucks early career, Wilson and Watson have the same issue but put up monster numbers

12 minutes ago, Huston said:

Anyone watching thise vids and not putting the majority of the blame on the line is just not being honest no matter how you feel about the QB and I'll leave it at that.

Good QBs have instincts, ability to see things before they happen and outmanuever defenders who may potentially have a shot them. Staying a step ahead, which shouldn't be that difficult considering they are the one with the ball in their hands.  You rarely see this from Marcus, as he basically allows defenders to get right on top of him .   It may sound unfair, but being able to anticipate is what it takes to be an NFL QB.  So we judge him by those merits.

6 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Good QBs have instincts, ability to see things before they happen and outmanuever defenders who may potentially have a shot them. Staying a step ahead, which shouldn't be that difficult considering they are the one with the ball in their hands.  You rarely see this from Marcus, as he basically allows defenders to get right on top of him .   It may sound unfair, but being able to anticipate is what it takes to be an NFL QB.  So we judge him by those merits.

Most of those were going to be sacks regardless of who the qb was.

37 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Lucks early career, Wilson and Watson have the same issue but put up monster numbers

Yeah and on a perpass basis They were basically the same. 

Mariota was ahead of both as a rookie. 

Weve never had a staff that threw it all day no matter what. These “monster numbers” occurred because of pure number of passes thrown.  

Mariota has had been money on third downs too.. so it’s not because he’s getting taken off the field. It’s because our franchise hasnt understood the simple ways you train a QB.

Edited by titanruss