Trading back is our best option

kyle021

We have several immediate needs at RG, DE, WR and CB

we have upcoming needs at OLB, TE, RB, C, CB, and potentially QB. 

I think the best move in a draft rich with defensive talent is to trade back with a team like Oakland to pick 24 or 27 or NE to pick 32 and accumulate an extra second rounder this year and third next year. 

Ideally we trade back from 19 to 27 and pick up a second rounder from Oakland and a 3rd next gear while giving them our 5th next year 

this puts us in position to grab a CB like Murphy, Williams or Baker at 27, a DL and RG in 2 and OLB in 3 and WR in 4

i just posted about CB depth and how we only have two players under contract after this year. Byron Murphy is an absolute stud and can play any scheme. If we traded back I would take him in a heartbeat and settle for Saunders and McGovern in round 2 and an OLB like Polite in 3 and a WR in 4

it also gives us flexibility going into next year having an extra 3rd to use that in a package to move up for a QB if need be or to move up for a different player if QB is settled 

We can trade back from 19 to 27 or 32 and get an equal value player at DL, TE or OL. However I would prefer a lockdown CB to take over for Ryan and Sims next year and to have our two 2nd rounders and 3rd rounder to lock down the OG, DT and OLB needs while we could get a WO like Emmanuel Hall in round 4

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thursday can't get here fast enough.

My first time agreeing with Jake.

The problem with trading down is that it requires a partner who wants to trade up.

This class has a lot of quality prospects...but IMO, the drop-off in talent from #19 to #32 isn’t bad.  Rather than sacrificing a 3rd to jump up maybe 10-12 spots, I suspect teams will be content to keep their picks and let the draft come to them.  

I am tending to agree with Kyle!  Trading back may be our best choice!  Not sure a guy we desire will be there at 19 and going back a few slots gets us same player with additional assets!

agree we need playmakers but if need to insure we get most as well as player we desire 

4 minutes ago, japan said:

I can see a decent amount of action for pick 19 if we want to trade down.  Way easier to trade that pick than the 5th pick.

I can't see trading 19.  It would have to be a helluva haul.  To me this draft is top-heavy and the Titans should pick BPA there unless some team blows their minds.

6 minutes ago, japan said:

I can see a decent amount of action for pick 19 if we want to trade down.  Way easier to trade that pick than the 5th pick.

I think we’d have to trade into the top of the 2nd round. I think those are picks people are more willing to trade up from. 

15 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

We are no longer the team that needs to trade back to stock the pond.

We need playmakers. 

For once I actually agree with you.