Titansreports biggest pre draft mariota myths

MamlngEnvy

4 hours ago, abc2330 said:

It's better than criticizing one's grammer over the course of two pages.

I just get triggered by the "LINE SUCK.  RECEIVER SUCK.  COACH SUCK.  MARIOTA GOOD" crowd.

"LINE SUCK"

Well, both starting guards are being replace this off-season and Jack Conklin didn't look nearly as good.

"RECEIVER SUCK"

Well, one guy quit, two more were ineffective/inefficient, others were depth filler, and the best receiver missed essentially the entire season.

"COACH SUCK"

Vrabel was great and Matt LaFleur was hired immediately for his own HC gig so... no, the coaches didn't suck.

"MARIOTA GOOD"

Well, he is. But he's been injured often and has had instability his entire time here. That's a good recipe for inconsistency.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the one where we're and were are different words. I'm not usually that guy but c'mon man. 

My favorite is "Hell make others better."

The Seahawks don't want to pay Russell Wilson ...    That's my favorite.

Most people at the time were opposed to picking Mariota for the obvious reasons - spread, one read offense, concerns about consistent mechanics and accuracy - and wanted to ride Mettenberger, who was much easier to move on from. 

Hindsight's 20/20 but they would have had the #1 pick in 2016 had they done this just like they did with Mariota.

32 minutes ago, efus50 said:

We have had bad qb play.  Marcus is not the problem

And yet you still wanted to lay blame on the line for at least the first 6 games of the season... I never said QB was the issue, but it wasnt remotely pass blocking either

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

This was a garbage thread already. 

Id venture to say there are more of the “Mariota can’t do anything right” crowd than there are of the nuthuggers. 

By far but it doesn't stop them from throwing that out there all the time lol.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

"LINE SUCK"

Well, both starting guards are being replace this off-season and Jack Conklin didn't look nearly as good.

"RECEIVER SUCK"

Well, one guy quit, two more were ineffective/inefficient, others were depth filler, and the best receiver missed essentially the entire season.

"COACH SUCK"

Vrabel was great and Matt LaFleur was hired immediately for his own HC gig so... no, the coaches didn't suck.

"MARIOTA GOOD"

Well, he is. But he's been injured often and has had instability his entire time here. That's a good recipe for inconsistency.

He's not good.  He's not bad, but he's not good.

If you look at the qualifications of a good backup, he meets every single one of them-you feel confident if he's forced to play, he'll convert 3rd downs and keep the chains moving, not make TOO many mistakes and give the team a chance to win of the defense plays well. But if you count on him to play at a high level for an extended time , produce good numbers, Strap your wagon to him and expect for him to be the guy, he'll disappoint .  No need to look further than his injury history and production, as well as the ceiling that we keep hitting our heads on with him.

The defense has allowed fewer than 15 PPG during victories in the past two seasons.  It takes sufficient, not good QB play to win under those circumstances.  Which is why Gabbert was able to come in and get a couple of victories.  If we put an elite defense and running game around him, we can go far.  But didn't Blake Bortles do the same thing?

3 minutes ago, 52O said:

3 years later and you come up with something half clever

congrats 

Sorry Touched The Tard, I forgot about when you were a half Mexican cook. Hey StoogerTard, make me a burrito ya tard bitch.

Edited by ManningEnvy

7 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Do you remember everyone comparing Mariota's stats to McNair and claiming Mariota was the new face of the franchise? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I mean, he did become the face of the franchise...